Hi, I'm looking for a replacement artist for a project

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement artist for a project

I'm looking for an artist to do sequential artwork for my Vampire manga "Haunting Nights" that I started two years ago now with a gaiaonline user named "lil_navi" before she decided to call it quits on me. Now I seek a replacement.

I decided to search on VampireFreaks.com in hopes of finding an artist who wasn't burned out on Vampires due to the thankfully short lived trend "Twilight" started when it reached the peak of its popularity in 2009. I specifically went to a "cult" called "Animanga" in hopes of finding an artist with a manga-esque art style. Since there weren't any to be found they suggested I'd go to deviantart for help. There's just problem:"I am currently unable to pay for services that are provided." Also as it was on Vampirefreaks, I also seek an artist here who isn't burned out by the short-lived Vampire trend. Which is the case with me looking here...

Anyways the plot is as follows: A young boy named Marlin as lived as an adopted child to a family of three, as he learns of his vampirism at age seven. As Marlin works to keep his vampirism under wraps he meets a Romanian Vampiric girl named "Angelica" who reveals that Marlin belongs to a family of guardians who are locked in a six century Civil War with other vampires. This was the sequential artwork I received before Navi decided to quit:

http://www.animeartists.org/Gal1937...ghts_Roughs.asp

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First of all .. link is dead and second I don't think the story will really hit trough here (or so I hope so) it really lacks decent storytelling if you want someone decent working on it, I recommend polishing it.
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did some searching on http://www.animeartists.org and found the pages. I couldn't read most of them.

My first suggestion is to type out a working script.
    Secound I would make a post in the Collaborations and Non Paying Projects section on the forum with some of the script.

I don't mean to rag or cruel, The story needs work its got this Harry potter and Dance in the Vampire Bund feel to it. Try to flesh out something you feel is unique about your story. What makes your story different than others with vampires .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hey

id love to help on this, if you want to see my work then thats fine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by La Ligne Noire View Post
    First of all .. link is dead and second I don't think the story will really hit trough here (or so I hope so) it really lacks decent storytelling if you want someone decent working on it, I recommend polishing it.
    Best of luck.
    Hey I'm just happy to get a response after waiting for so long. Also there is more to the plot than I have shown, I'm just paranoid... But I'll work on polishing the script once I've finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee's Knees View Post
    I did some searching on http://www.animeartists.org and found the pages. I couldn't read most of them.

My first suggestion is to type out a working script.
    Secound I would make a post in the Collaborations and Non Paying Projects section on the forum with some of the script.

I don't mean to rag or cruel, The story needs work its got this Harry potter and Dance in the Vampire Bund feel to it. Try to flesh out something you feel is unique about your story. What makes your story different than others with vampires .
    Those are roughs, I was going to use the typed dialogue from the script on the finalized work, but we never got that far.

Also thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to repost this in the non paying projects section with a portion of the script when I have the time. Also I highly appreciate your perception of the concept, because I was thinking it was mildly similar to the Twilight series, but I am fleshing out the guardian and civil war of the plot, as well as the romantic subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by wigglessss View Post
    id love to help on this, if you want to see my work then thats fine

Your work nice, with any luck I might learn from it, so should I show you character designs, and then we work on the script afterwards?

Members who have read this thread: 2