Thanks

Cool G'Day from Australia!

"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of Ragged mountain ranges, of drought and flooding rains." -Dorothea MacKellar

This is also expected to happen to our gaming industry capital in Brisbane tomorrow. It's forecast to be 1 and a half metres higher than it was in the last flood.
    So, that's what's happening somewhere else in the world. What, blizzards you say? Ho-hum!

Obviously I extend my compassion to my close neighbors and friends who have been affected in Townsville, Bundaberg and Brisbane alone, but there are countless thousands more.
    Last edited by Beeston; January 11th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beeston For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by damascus57 View Post
    "I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of Ragged mountain ranges, of drought and flooding rains." -Dorothea MacKellar

This is also expected to happen to our gaming industry capital in Brisbane tomorrow. It's forecast to be 1 and a half metres higher than it was in the last flood.
    So, that's what's happening somewhere else in the world. What, blizzards you say? Ho-hum!

Obviously I extend my compassion to my close neighbors and friends who have been affected in Townsville, Bundaberg and Brisbane alone, but there are countless thousands more.
    We have friends that live there. They just emailed that they're building an ark. Just kidding... and maybe my humor is inappropriate here...
    They said they are ok, and are fortunate to live at the top of a hill, but they have friends nearby that aren't as fortunate.

Makes me think of a childhood song... Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Thanks
    Sucks about Brisbane. Also a few days ago I think I heard that the total area flooded was the size of Germany (WOW) And then today I saw on the news that on the other side of the island or smth there are forest fires which, I sympathise with your distress but made me chuckle. Now all you need is a volcano eruption causing an earthquake causing a tsunami to make it complete.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    i'm pretty glad it hasn't hit down here yet (gold coast)
    brisbane looks real bad, apparently this after noon it's gonna get real bad, hope everyones okay :/

Thanks
    I heard on the radio that brizzy is now safe to return to? Some of the footage is intense.