Thanks

Confused by Dominance War. Please help!

I have always wanted to participate in Dominance War (With no delusions when it comes to my chances of winning it haha), but I always forgot and was too late.

This time around history repeated itself and it seems like dominance war is over again. Or is it? The site contains winners for the "mini" challenges, but it doesnt promise the "big" challenge whatever that is?

So my question is:
    Is this years dominance war still on? If so, can I just start painting a character right this second?

If not, is it every december? If so then I should start looking out for the next one and preparing december 1st, 2011?

Why doesn't conceptart have a logo and a team? has one, but their threads get between 0-3 replies max?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Yes it's still on. The main challenge hasn't started yet. You did miss the pre-war challenge however. Which is okay, you don't have to participate in both to be qualified to participate in the main challenge. I'm not sure when the main competition starts, it looks like it's TBA as of now. Voting and final judging for the pre-war comp hasn't finished yet.

Thanks
    I thought Vadim won the mini challenges?
    http://www.gameartisans.org/contests...central_1.html

So is the main challenge always the same thing? Make a demon/warrior/whatever?What stops one from submitting a monster they made previously if every year it is the same challenge?

Or is there a twist each time that necessitates me to wait until they release the info?
    I am basically trying to figure out if I can start painting a monster immediatly.

Why doesn't CA have a team?

Thanks
    http://www.dominancewar.com/2010/en/index.php

49 days left until the main challenge kicks off. The winner you posted was for last year. The one going on now is Dominance War V, not IV.

What happens is like in any art contest, you get a prompt about what to create. For the pre-war challenge it was to pick one of four classes of a fictional MMO and make a character based on the class description. It's just like our CHOW except bigger. You don't know the prompt until the day the challenge launches. So no, you can't just start making a monster because the challenge isn't always a monster.

CA doesn't have a team, I would guess, because Manley or any other forum leaders have never contacted the organizers of DW to be part of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,860 Times in 604 Posts
    It's been postponed for a couple of months because of Fred's temporary absence. As the page says it's back on now but with no cash prizes. Bit of a bummer, that, but still.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 271 Posts
    Confusing as hell the way they have organized everything and random dates splashed everywhere on their main page with little or no explanation don't help either, and that launch date countdown thing makes no sense to me at all! But i finally found a start date, 28th Feb...I think!

Also, sorry if this has been answered in the past but i was wondering too why Conceptart.org forums has never officially been part of the Dominance War? I know M.B artist's have taken part in judging but it seems this is the only art forum that never gets in on the action. Never made sense to me.

Thanks
    Yeah, I thought DW was over, also. Well, fucking aye.

And why doesn't this site have a team? Of all places to have a team, this definitely seems like the most obvious to me. I mean... what the hell is Polycount ?
    "She took the ice cube trays out of the freezer. What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

LOOK AT MY WEBSITE!
    LOOK AT MY SKETCHBOOK!
    LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    LOOK AT MY DEVIANT ART PAGE!
    LOOK AT MY FINALLY FINISHED PAGE!

Thanks
    Can we submit a request for the creation of a CA team, or do the admins have to do that?

Thanks
    I think it's too late but if someone could email the guys running DW then we might have a shot.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    The launch is extended to march 3d so maybe we do have a very small shot