Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: It crawls through the fax.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,521 Times in 2,459 Posts
    Hehe thanks. yeah screw the comfort zone. actually that sounds like it would be fun.
    my other sister steen, 10mins
    + added some height to an previous picture.
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 20th, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Hey there,

man, you got some unique touch to your work and i really like the landscape designs here. Im not going to crit since im a beginner and not experienced enough to do so. so im just gonna enjoy the show for now.

here try this book itll help you a lot if you are sketching landscapes with pencils.
    Drawing Landscapes in Pencil - Ferdinand Petrie

Best of luck mate!
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Nice style on the pencils great studies.landsacpes are really good.i want to see more!
    My sketchbook.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...=203100&page=7

Awesome artist and friends

Nkristian

Thanks
    Devastacio
    thank you very much sir.that book looks invaluable. i will amazon it.
    how are you finding the going- feeling like youre progressing? from looking at lots of sketchbooks its very enthusing to see that although the rate of change may vary, its impossible to practice and get worse...

Strange Dawn
    thank you too. i know jack about drawing from life, but to get that effect, the trick is literally not give a shit what it looks like and just treat it like fun practice. It doesnt matter, its just a scribble on a bit of scrap paper. No one cares. That attitude makes me a lot less precious and lot freer to try things out.
    give it a go www.notgivingashit.com/unhibited/easylife do it quick before someone patents it or puts a phishing site on there

more.. ok here is something, might be interesting, that i just found the sketches for...
    a while ago a development i was doing needed another villa for the bottom of its range to fill up space in a brochure, till something more concrete was made by the architects.
    here are the simple ideas i came up with and some cad renders to illustrate. the emphasis was very compact, private, but to feel luxurious, and do it quick.
    i admit i had no idea what i was doing and it didnt really come out like modern fresh design at all, but they seem to like it fine.
    scarily theyre talking of actually building it: im glad i didnt sign the images so if it falls over im not culpable...
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 20th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    here is the last old stuif i have lying around that is sketchbooky, ie wasnt part of anything, meant nothing, took a few hours max...and shouldnt be in Finally Finished. But its all new from now on! well, right after this.

theres other, new sketches on the previous page, sorry everything is all in a jumble, i promise i will get this attachment orderr issue sorted
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 20th, 2011 at 04:58 AM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Very impressed with the work you have shown here, i really like the landscapes and the car stuff. Are you using sketch up or maya for the 3d stuff?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to metalsnakejuice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey thanks dude!
    i used 3DSMax... the people who programed it are geniuses; the lighting engine thing, Mental Ray, beautifully simlulates sunlight and is very user friendly even if youve just started. Recommended.

i went into town and bought a book and tried drawing some humans today. it was HARD. they never stop moving, and theyre difficult to spy on. and the goddamn ugly dude always stands infront of the cute girl. ugly dude Im trying to edit you out of my reality stop moving into line of sight.how do they know?
    it was also fun being that drawy dick on the bus. i always see them and now i am one..
    im definitely prone to many of the bad habits that seme to trouble lots of other inexperienced folks; faces are intimidating and i just pussed out several times.. see below..
    By the end Id drunk so much coffee I was too twitchy to work and called it a day
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 20th, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A very nice sketchbook you got here! I am learning to paint digital myself. Keep up the good work!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ranunkel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Ranunkle: thank you very much. Yeah its a whole new world this controlling colour with your hand on screen isnt it. I was too scared to get a wacom for years and actually ended up trying to draw with the mouse (brown face, grey girls back, girl in doorway) which was knackering.
    On the other hand theres so much to learn, its a perfect cross between horrifying and exhilarating. Like skiing.
    I like your stuff, you clearly know what youre doing and will be great with practice.
    good luck

Sean: muchismo gracias!
    the A1 joining the A428. Thats on my way back from Macdonalds breakfast. the beauty of ugly places right? that was another mouse paint...Heres the ref

It crawls through the fax.

It crawls through the fax.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I forgot about this but you may like to see..
    theres an author i really like called Cordwainer Smith. he was a very interesting man, and in his professional life amongst many other things he wrote the CIA psychological warfare manual.
    he wrote a spectacular book of short stories and novel or two and then died in his 50s. if youre on amazon pick up a copy of The Rediscovery of Man, its a breathtakingly innovative, beautiful, horrible poetic and wise slice of genius grade science fiction, 20 times better than this discription, and youll love it. think vonnegut crossed with cormac mccarthy crossed with aesop.
    Imagine Myazake made Dune, in fact, Butlerian jihad and all, and then cut out 80% of the film leaving strategically scattered little vignettes.
    the keystone story that ties all the others together is called Alpha Ralpha boulevard which you can enjoy here.
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/24545043/C...lpha-Boulevard

here are soem quick sketches of a key location as a start, the ancient, damaged stratospheric roadway leading to an eerie god computer thing that was long ago enbedded in the face of the immense stem of and arcology called Earthport. Sounds liek and EOW already right?
    the ultratalented citizens of CAO could bring this brilliant story cycle to life in a way no one else on the planet could. i guarantee you if you read the stories youll be inspired..
    btw the Abba Dingo isnt discribed as a giant upsidedown cross, dont blame the story for that its my bad!
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 20th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for making me notice your SB man.
    Solid, creative flow over here not to mention some virtuoso technical exhibitions.

Cheers

Mario

21. The Following User Says Thank You to marioucci For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    WOW! I can honestly say this is one of the most interesting sketchbooks i've seen around here! Keep posting! 5 stars backatcha'!
    MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Eyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I dont know what to say guys. When I clicked through your work I was like "yep, this is how it should be done." Im really chuffed you like thus stuff, Thankyou very much for having a look here.

If any other CAOers read this, follow the links to Mario and Colins books. Its really superb work.
    look, this is like a haiku : http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1295136780

Here are some sort of video sketches of Alpha Ralpha Boulevard.
    It would be a beautiful if hostile place; as high as Killimanjaro, very dry, a thin cold jetstream wind shuffling a few bleached or leathery human structural components scattered about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWmURX5zr4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzjrgmp_WQs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyRE26E6fO0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD16-ci2xU

at the time of the story the world is emerging from 14000 years of the sort of life depicted in Brave New World; rational, peaceful, emotionally repressed, and slowly failing. it's been organised along antlike eusocial lines that we humans find repellant, and the people have lost their way.

So the weather machines have been turned off and normal weather, and danger allowed to resume, on the understanding that this will make people feel alive again. This is the Rediscovery Of Man from the title. At the time of their meeting the Abba Dingo the protagonists are hours ahead of the advancing front of a hurricane, so things are going from bad to worse..
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 21st, 2011 at 04:52 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast