Sketchbook: It crawls through the fax. - Page 12
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: It crawls through the fax.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy skills and crazy imagination!
    every newwork suprises me 5*

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    hello a new page
    Jeff: thanks man! i got a wacom for xmas and am addicted to it now. do you wacom?
    Matt: that Rhonda looks well cool, ill get it and report back
    Evangelion starts off as a typical school kid has to pilot a giant robot and save the city type story but quickly mutates into something a lot stanger. The big battles though amazing are window dressing to the real story of world-spanning conspiracy and eschatological power games. utterly terrifying and exhilarating i thought, and although surreal, strangly believable, like a nightmare.
    and though there are beings called Angels, theres no songs! Apart from the horrendous opening theme music... cha nee wa do no tenshi no something something
    Ulver haha did the spiral town image make any sense? its meant to be like streets going up into the sky and some Sparth-ish ships floating past, but my friends said it didnt read too well. glad you like it though matey!
    Nezumi Works aha a man of taste! I remember my dad playing me a JMJ record as a kid and it melting my brain with its awesome. Do you like Autechre?
    Youre right about the cg model look; im always trying to mesh the 2d and 3d elements better but ive got a hell of a lot to learn. thankyou for your feedback!
    Missile: thank you very much! yeah i always think seeing a ship in space seems a bit... hard to associate with? but if theres some piece of supertech sitting in your garden, its way wierder.
    Xbert: wow thankyou!!

here is sketching while watching movies; its a scene from Forge of God by Greg Bear..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forge_of_God

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Velocity Kendall; April 17th, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love Evangelion the series really took hold of me the farther it went, I was a little disappointed with the last 2 episodes though.

Keep up the stuff Kendal, don't really have any crits.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Eh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow!
    That last piece, the green is crazy!
    Looking at your work, it's got this thing, one word that comes to my mind is fun. I don't know if that's what you feel when you're creating them (I hope it's a little fun ).
    Like there's a kind of freeness, like with the studies you add things to, your not to precious with them, but at the same time there's design there. I don't know, maybe I've just had to much tea today, but I enjoy looking at your work!
    Also I think the interlocking bug things are mad good, you need to keep posting pencils!
    One last thing, I want to see that IDW piece finished! It looks good, I like the guy's at the front, they remind me of some kind of 16th century Spanish army/three musketeers type thing.

P.S. Evangelion is just crazy!

May Strength Be Kind and Courage Gentle
    Princes of the Universe

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Call Me Bruce! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey man thanks for commenting on my sketchbook yet again! Its always nice to see your comments
    - - myself being a fan of your art and all, i have a question (im sure someones already asked this) but with your 3d peices, do u think it wud be possible to show like a progression from start to finish, like some screenies. cause im ever so curious. and what programs do you use?

-- amazing art as always, so damn creative. =D cya soon

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tronrobot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice stuff you have here, one crit though, the added part from imagination in your studies sometimes pop out too much feels like those parts are disconnected from their environment, they should interact in term of light, colors, shadows a bit more in my opinion.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Feil Magnus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ~KJK~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello there! lets break it down
    two overall comments would be "wow!!" and "thankyou very much!!"
    i love yous guys

NIa, you dont have an SB link, send me a link to your blog Id love to see! As for the last eps of Eva, yeah I saw End of Evengelion before them, so was already melted from that. I thought they were very clever, showing the Third Impact from inside and out... but I hated them at first of course, took me a while to see the awesome.
    Bruce: Rocking the Crockets Theme- nice! I remember playing Vice City we had a rule that if that tune came on no matter how crucial the mission or exciting the car chase, you had to immediately drive in the water. so fucking funny.
    Dude work is totally fun! Its more fun than fun. Id love to do this as a job! Youre free to travel anywhere in the unviverse and take a picture and bring it back. Im a bit worried about the IDW, as Ill have to tighten up my suggestive marks into proper surfaces, eeep!
    TR thank you homes, hows it going youve been a little quiet of late? see below.. any questions let me know; learning 3ds can be a bitch with noone to help, so Ill try to pass on the tricks Ive learned to stop it from crashing etc!
    Feil Magnus: oh man youre so right; its sometimes hard to get it all to mesh, particulalry on the image at the top of this page. Definitely working on it. Thankyou for feedbacks bruvs
    Pasrakoira: wowow thankyou!!
    "do u think it wud be possible to show like a progression from start to finish, like some screenies. cause im ever so curious. and what programs do you use? "

deffo, although i dont tend to finish much, and might be giving you my bad habits... im just making it up as i go so take it with a cellar of salt...this isnt necessarily a good way to work, it just seems to work so far... its probably cheating.. /disclaimer
    in my mind work is like a spiral; you start out at the outside edge doing big blocky shapes and figuring stuff out, neatness isnt important. as you spiral in you redo stuff to make it better, and neater, and sort things out until by the end your doing the finiest details and minor tweaks. of course you might decide its not working and bump it back down to an outer level of the spiral and start again, but that feeling of iterating down to smaller and smaller details is a big stress saver....
    the ingredients i threw into eachother for throney

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; April 17th, 2011 at 09:59 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    awesome work man that scene from Forge of God is really top notch! keep doing those!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 714 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    This stuff is great man, undoubtedly a fresh air breath here.
    everything you show is highly creative!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1302571602 futuristic Benidorm? hahaha cool!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1302654220this is great too
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1302884633cool way of focus the theme, maybe you could include some kind of stairs to reach the throne?
    keep working like this, man!

CesarNostradamus is offline Banned for grossly unprofessional behavior. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lol. Let 3ds do that hard work. Fukn funny bro. Great painting.

SketchPage
    Blog
    Facebook

CONCEPTART.ORG has BANNED this USER Ryan Walsh for unprofessional, disruptive and disrespectful behavior. He will not be returning to this community, nor participating in any TAD, ConceptArt, or MB related programs or opportunities in the future.

Beware burning bridges. The industry is small.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!

Great 3D work going on here! I especially love the t-rex skeleton mix with the painted brushstrokes. Really different and awesome! Some of your designs are crazy imaginative as well. Great stuff! Keep it up!

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like a lot of your 3d stuff - you could render the hell out of shit if you wanted.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello!
    thank you for looking guys!
    Yor: have you read that book? terrifying. i just watched Battle LA whilst working; it wasnt actually that bad a movie surprisingly, a decent 6.7/10 actioner, but for some reason humans were able to combat the invaders. Forge of God is all about the arrival of an incomprehensible and totally superior enemy utterly bent on our elimination. Good shit.
    Love your work man too
    Cesar: hehe I shouldve admitted that should I hehehe. Actually I carefully construct everything using perspective grids and vanishing points ok?
    Black Spot: thankyou very much! re rendering i figured Id better stop being a pussy and just try painting my scenes instead of building them in 3d, but boy is it tricky! hence relying on the 3d. guys who can just paint a scene from scratch? unreal. "you could render the hell out of shit if you wanted." I do! want to i mean. throw some ideas at me, what should I do?

Poppyseed Reprise - BOC
    Whomi - Tipper
    Kaini Industries - BOC + Space Ape - Burial - Mix by Margaret Spintz
    Witness Dub - Roots Manuva
    Poison - The Prodigy
    Alive - Daft Punk
    Stress (Auto remix) - Justice

Ricardo youre a genius, the guys stuck up there isnt he!
    ok try this hes now got a stepladder slave
    its pretty crude but i think im learning a bit each time.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; April 23rd, 2011 at 01:59 PM.

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    YOu so good because you are lazy???? damnit I had it all wrong till now...
    Hehehehe
    That dinosaur skeleton pic is awesome, but you already know that from fb I guess

23. The Following User Says Thank You to bhanu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm loving the skeleton so far I think I better read Forge of God if that's what it's about. Battle La was pretty decent, I thought the ending was nice too I was happy that we won a small battle but it seemed quite clear what our fate was ultimately.

As for rending the hell out of stuff, I suggest more life studies, and do your best to just paint. I think using 3D is a perfectly fine tool to use but if you wana learn to paint you just gota paint.

Last edited by Alex Eh; April 18th, 2011 at 02:35 AM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Eh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow man you're like the personification of creativity or something.. a lot of good stuff here..

big inspiration, keep it up!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to NinoCencini For This Useful Post:

CesarNostradamus is offline Banned for grossly unprofessional behavior. Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dont you worry your secret is safe with me. You arnt the only artist that cheats
    As I recall, if you cant beat them cheat them

SketchPage
    Blog
    Facebook

CONCEPTART.ORG has BANNED this USER Ryan Walsh for unprofessional, disruptive and disrespectful behavior. He will not be returning to this community, nor participating in any TAD, ConceptArt, or MB related programs or opportunities in the future.

Beware burning bridges. The industry is small.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CesarNostradamus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    VELOCITY MUTHA FUCKING KENDALL
    i dig this a lot
    and your IDoW looks great too, thanks for showing the process
    keep rocking

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan mcshane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks tons for taking the time to put in such a big critique i really appreciate it!

you're definitely right - i've been trying my hand at zbrush lately again, learning to incorporate max and stuff into 2d - it's a little awkward for now, but i know it'll definitely help overall. i'll try to do something entirely in zbr to push myself out of the comfort zone as well.

observing from life is definitely enjoyable and zen-like, and i should peg that progress more in sketchbook - time for a better scanner. for drawing the same thing several times, i've found that for me doing character expression and model sheets seem to help a ton.

i'll check out that book when i can, the cover intrigues me already i really appreciate the list of people to check out - i'm a big fan of Beksinski and Mead. i'm not entirely sure who i can introduce that you might be into, as i know more char/creature designers than enviro/hard surface

Wayne Barlowe
    Terryl Whitlatch
    James Paick
    Glen Keane
    Scott Eaton (more of a zbrush artist and sculptor than 2d)
    and of course some old masters such as Jeon-Leon Gerome and William-Adolphe Bouguereau

there is one artist that i really wish i could remember the name of, that i think you'd love - he was doing insane designs that are still ahead of its time way back in the 70-80s, i -think- he was polish or czech. i'll get back to you when i figure it out D:

"It's not rocket surgery." _Sebudai

33. The Following User Says Thank You to AestheticMachine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Interesting sketchbook, you have some very eclectic and thought-provoking work. I look forward to seeing more.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to AdamTSC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    NO post for today? WHAT?

Nah kidding.

I'm back and now that im back i can bug you. you've certainly been busy mang. I've been uhhh on a smokey holiday... I guess is a good way to put it.

WHATCHOODOIN!

This is what im currently listening to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODYxesJLVo

-Red

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaunay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    crazy cool stuff man obviously you know everyone loves the dino skeleton but i also really liked your eow/cow with the blocks that made a bridge thought you came up with such a simple design but it worked so well

39. The Following User Says Thank You to prsnsweeney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your pics are starting to grow on me, especially the way you can take a spin on with all the 3D stuff. It's been said before, but the one with the dino is really rockin'.
    On another tone, what's not to like about Evangelion's opener? I love that song man! When it picks up the tempo near the end and all that,.. Anyway, i agree about it being a great show, just wanted to share that thought.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to walnut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Damnit. these last updates are amazing.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff Bartzis For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,369 Times in 3,592 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like where the dinosaur is going. Just keep pushing it.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

I have nothing constructive to say unfortunately.
    This is all above my level of skill and knowledge.
    I guess I will just note you that I really much like
    the submarine evacuation one.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

47. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That Crockets thing with the driving into water sounds like something I would think up of really late at night, ie mad! It's also good to hear that art is fun
    As for rendering I don't have much idea myself. But the few things I might suggest would be, maybe having an example of the kind of finish you want, also you don't need to tighten everything up, just the main things, like the person on the skeleton, is that guy in the background important, ect.
    I mean no offence by this but you little drawings look British

Happy Easter

P.S. I don't think cheating is 3... I mean that 3d isn't cheating it's just a tool

edit: page 13!

May Strength Be Kind and Courage Gentle
    Princes of the Universe

49. The Following User Says Thank You to Just Call Me Bruce! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some really refreshing artwork in here. Love this one.. http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1302884633

Available for Freelance - http://www.veshkau.com | Sketchbook | CG Hub | Blog

51. The Following User Says Thank You to Veshkau For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes, thats' exactly him - haha, i'm so glad you knew exactly who i was talking about

"It's not rocket surgery." _Sebudai

53. The Following User Says Thank You to AestheticMachine For This Useful Post:

Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 169