Thanks

ganglions, anyone have it?

Hi everyone,
    I just want to share about my finger,
    there's a swollen in my finger, after I tried to ask some professional they said that it's a ganglion, They are there because I use my finger too much, and I guess, my drawing habits created it.
    I just wondering if one of you guys who has hardcore drawing habits have the same thing like mine?
    That thing is getting bigger when I use my finger too much, if I take a rest, it start to get a lil smaller

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,593 Times in 1,617 Posts
    A "ganglion" is a nerve concentration, essentially a neural switchboard. I am not sure what your professional is referring to, but this doesn't seem a likely place for one, or a likely thing a ganglion would do.

See a doctor with a M.D.

I don't know what is your working method, but if this swelling is caused by using your drawing tools, I'd look into it if I were you. You might be doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Ganglion is a generic term.
    I get a similar bump on my wrist.
    Basically they are usually harmless, but it it's getting in the way it can be surgically removed.
    You can also hit it with something like a heavy book, which will internally rupture it, and the fluid will drain into your body. But that will only temporarily fix it, and you might hurt yourself in the process, so that's not necessarily the best option.
    The the ganglion itself probably isn't too big a problem, but over-stressing your tendons could be, if you damage your hand from over-working then it can take a LONG time to recover, look after yourself dude!
    Last edited by gjpetch; January 9th, 2011 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gjpetch View Post
    You can also hit it with something like a heavy book, which will internally rupture it, and the fluid will drain into your body.
    This sound like the BEST idea I've never heard.

Drawing for long periods of time seems to make it so that my wrist cracks repeatedly. Loudly, you can hear it in the next room.
    MY SKETCHBOOK IS AWESOME
    karmiclychee.net

EAT EARTH, DIG DEEP, DRINK WATER, GO TO SLEEP, YOU SHOULD NOT BE WAKING.
    Peepul: Tulokyn :: Nakhon :: Deadlyhazard :: raminafshafari
    :: Mr. Magic

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aLDoDarK View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I just want to share about my finger,
    there's a swollen in my finger, after I tried to ask some professional they said that it's a ganglion, They are there because I use my finger too much, and I guess, my drawing habits created it.
    I just wondering if one of you guys who has hardcore drawing habits have the same thing like mine?
    That thing is getting bigger when I use my finger too much, if I take a rest, it start to get a lil smaller

Something on my hand, wrist, or arm always seems to be hurting from being on the computer too much.
    I don't think what you have is life-threatening (looks like a benign cyst that you're stuck with unless it's surgically removed), but I also wouldn't get my medical advice here.
    Last edited by SpatiallyChallenged; January 12th, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    well.. at least now I have another idea about this ganglion.. last time it was a liquid, and now it's getting harder.. but It doesn't grow any bigger for the last 3 months..
    I have a surgical 2 years ago, but it came back.. some people said that it's very hard to remove that ganglion, because it's stick to the nerve system.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,727 Times in 4,633 Posts

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    How do you hold your pencil?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 608 Posts
    EW!

Also, anyone else think "pangolin" when they clicked the title?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.