Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

What instruments do you play?

Do any of you play instruments? If so, whice ones and how long have you been playing? Im just wondering if there are and other artists/musicians out there besides me. Ive been playing guitar 6 years, lets see, so that means ive been playing since i was nine. im not bad and i like playing blues the most.....what about you guys?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    HI, I also play guitar. A Yamaha Pacifica to be exact. I have only been playing for 3 years now, and I am currently learning how to sweep pick because I think that technique is soo awesome!! I can only dream to be as good as Petrucci though lol!
    I forgot to mention that I have been playing the Euphonium in schools and at church for 8 years.
    Last edited by Snowball; March 21st, 2004 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    I play piano. I took lessons for like 6-7 years or something. I wish I would have taken more piano theory. nowadays I screw around on fruityloops sometimes because I don't have a piano :
    just a hobby

Thanks
    hey jackal, which stuff on that link did you write? i listened to that one called Haunted and almost cried....

Thanks
    I play guitar, been playing for about 17 years now. I was in a band and we played small clubs etc, it was mostly black metal. Although I do like to play classical , I made a demo tape of my somber classical guitar songs a long time ago. trying to find a good way to transfer it to my comp. :/ I also enjoy playing blues.

Although I don't play much nowadays. I have been learning to use Reason since I spend most of my time on the comp I might as well make music on it too.
    You can hear some of the Reason stuff I've made here.

Thanks
    hey evil, that shit is awsome....i really like the death metal stuff..great job

Thanks
    Thanks bhuddistmonk, glad you like it.

Thanks
    I play Guitar. Been playing for 7 years. I got a Jackson Guitar (can't remember which model) and a medium Marshall amp, I'm only a hobbiest so it's enough to keep me Happy. I also got an acustic.

Thanks
    bhuddhist-I did all of it. Sometimes when I come to visit home I'll work up some loop on the piano and put it into fruityloops back in chico, but usually I just screw around on the piano roll.

Thanks
    I play guitar. I have been playing for about 9 or 10 years. That is primarily what I do. I have a band called 7th fall(we just recently had to change the name from Vital so the site is still for Vital www.7thfall.com)

I hope you all enjoy.

oh, I also screw around with fruity loops, butI don't have anything online.
    Fight for what you believe in, and believe in everything you fight for.

Thanks
    some good you guys have there...
    i played piano for some years and im currently learning to play guitar (for about a year now)... i used to play classic music only, but i like blues and rock piano as well... on guitar i mainly like to play punk rock/ska punk/alt. rock/metal stuff... but im rather bad at it atm.

i did some stuff on the computer before, but i dont think i still have the files... was mainly classical music

Thanks
    guitar, bass, drums.....all at a kinda basic level.....no fancy soloing skills, heh.
    and I played the sax for a few years too....

guitar is the best though.

-Rob
    My Sketchbook
    Encouragement keeps me swimming , even in the undertow of disappointment.

Thanks
    i play Bass,, guitar,, drums,, piano,, skinflute,, butt trumpet..

-Lono

Thanks
    Hey evillair, is that actual guitar and/or drums in your Reason compositions? How do you get it into Reason? As far as I've figured out, it dosent do direct audio recording...
    :confused:

I've played piano for 8 or 9 years, and guitar for 3 months(though im decent at it from knowing piano), and I've played trumpet for 6 or 7. Im high on improv, but im hoping on learning some more theroy so i can write things down with clarity.
    Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Pencil Soldier- you can daisy chain Reason to nuendo or protools and have them running together.. this way you can record and edit the raw audio in nuendo and have the drums/keys/samples from reason playing with it all at once.

thats the way i record for compositional purposes.

if you use nuendo,, open it first,"its very important that it be opened first" then open reason,, and under the "Devices" pulldown menue you should see a tab that says "Reason",, open that box and click one of the top green lights to link them.. the thing you click should light up green.
    you can start a drum track playing in reason and when you switch over to nuendo you can start and stop it with the nuendo controlls.

-Lono

Thanks
    Lono- hey thats really good to know. Are those programs freeware? I have Adobe Audition that i use for recording, but I'll have to check if it will work with Reason. Thanks for the tip.

btw- I would've sent you a PM but I figure this information could be useful to more than just me. Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Thanks
    i play around in fruityloops, and so far im in love.

I wish i had somewhere to upload my tunes tho

Thanks
    Originally posted by Pencil Soldier
    Hey evillair, is that actual guitar and/or drums in your Reason compositions? How do you get it into Reason? As far as I've figured out, it dosent do direct audio recording...
    :confused:
    The drums and guitars are free samples gave out by Clawfinger.
    You can get it here: http://www.propellerheads.se/replacehardware/metal.htm

What I did was take each notes from the guitar and rearrange them to make my own song.
    It was a long and hard process. I was limited to the notes they played in that song. That's why I'm waiting to get a midi adapter for my guitar so I can just play my own.

btw, it was written on my site
    "Guitar samples taken from the open source Reason song file made by Clawfinger."

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Does my pc count? Anyways i have played a bit of guitar in my past.
    Does anyone know a good forum for sharing electronic music?
    Last edited by Mezz DeJé; March 25th, 2004 at 09:35 AM.
    And all you can do is laugh

Thanks
    crash- soundclick.com is a free site, just sign up and upload yur stuff there

Thanks
    Ack...nuendo is very expensive. :mad: Does anyone know of some freeware plug in for Reason that allows direct audio recording? Im intrigued now....besides, its either that or I have to pay alot to get an amp with MIDI compability.

evillair- That does sound very time consuming. Im sorry i didn't notice that it said it on the site. :bash:

Thanks
    yah,, nuendo is a professional studio app, so its expensive.. however there are lots of cracks out there if you know how to work your shit.. my version is a crack..
    its worth it though.. especially if you get all of the plugins that work with it.. processors,, compressors,, effects,, etc.

happy hunting!

-Lono

Thanks
    Yahoo! *grabs a rifle off the gunrack and goes out into the woods*

Hmm...I found Cubase.....but it dosent support my soundcard. I have a Soundblaster Live, i guess that's considered old by now...

Thanks
    piano, a little guitar, and whistle one note skillfully.

i took piano lessons for 9, and taught piano for 2. it's funny how much time you had as a kid to sit down and just play played guitar for a little while, gotta pick it up again.

Thanks

Ibanez AW100

Just bought this baby 2 days ago. My old acoustic is very beaten up. Awesome guitar: solid sitka spruce top, mahogany body, rosewood fretboard and bridge, pearl inlay, gold grover tuners (the one shown here has chrome), elixir nanoweb strings, a nearly white/natural finish (different than the pic), and i haggled in a free gig bag....a good deal for 300 . And it has a really rich, velvety tone...like butter. I highly recommend this for anybody buying an acoustic. Oh yeah, i also have been known to play harmonica and the clarinet.

yikes...now i won't be eating or paying bills for awhile....

IBANEZ AW100
    What instruments do you play?
    Last edited by U2DeathBear; March 30th, 2004 at 01:57 PM.
    "The love between a couple is expressed by the unity of two complementary colors, by their mixture and contrasts, by the secretive vibrations of similar tones."

---Vincent van Gogh

Thanks
    I started playing the flute when I was in 4th grade. Then in high school marching band I played flute, piccolo, & mellophone (the marching version of a french horn). In high school jazz band I played trumpet and valve trombone. Then in college marching band I went back to playing mellophone.

...I still have my flute and play it from time to time.

Thanks
    i play both electric and acoustic, for a bout 2 years now-yes girls can play guitar, me and my band play to friends ocassionally, that kinda thing.

i have a fender standard fat srtat in black metallic, with a customised seymour duncan distortion pickup

and a nice yamaha acoustic!

Thanks
    damn, there are a lot of musicians here. very cool.

i guess ill post what instruments i have:
    Blue Alvarez strat knockoff
    Red Hamer hollow body, like bb kings
    Yamaha FG-180 from about 1962
    A GORGEOUS vintage Harmony from the 1960

umm, amps. I have a crate piano amp, a small 1x10 crate tuber. On Apr 15, my custom Kendrick Black Gold 35 will get here. its a 1x12 with 8 tubes. sweeeeet.

Thanks
    I have a Fender Strat, cream with a maple neck. Beautiful guitar. For it i got a little Peavy practice amp.

I have an Ovation Aucostic Electric, Celeberty model. No one else seems to like the way they feel and sound except for me. They sound awesome plugged in, a great plus for a low budget recorder like me. I don't have an amp for it.

I also got a bass guitar for free from a freind at church, so im learning that now.

I have a Suziki(sp?) digital piano and a nice Casio 68(i think) key keyboard.

Im hoping to get an Epiphone Les Paul soon. They look so beautiful.

bhuddistmonk-thats awesome that you have a hollow body guitar. I wish they wern't so rare, and expensive.

Thanks
    great stuff jackal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast