It's still early
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: It's still early

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

It's still early

So I've got this idea for a bioshock fan art but I stopped progress at my preliminary sketch because I feel something is lacking compositionally. Someone please tell me what I can do to fix this! Also, I'm not very good at creating indoor environments yet so any tips on that would be nice. The red circle area is where I planned to put another character but I didn't want to go any further until I was sure everything else was looking good.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not sure what's going on here (I only played as far as partway through the first level of Bioshock), but compositionally I'd venture to suggest the big figure at right should be at the center of the picture---not falling off the page like he is now.

Doing some thumbnails or roughs would really help you in working this thing out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Giacomo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Concerning perspective, you need to keep a consistent horizon line and consistent vanishing points. You're basically shooting for three point perspective (bird's eye view), and should look up a tutorial on it. If you aren't already doing so, try drawing out the entire space before cropping the image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I think you should shift the camera view to the right so that the jumping guy and big daddy (thinking of them as one unit) are centered in the image. That should balance out the weight of the composition better.
    And as Grunler said, proper perspective in an angled view like this is pretty crucial for success, so make sure to add that third vanishing point at some point down below the canvas.
    Also, I feel like Big Daddy's 'head' might be protruding just a bit too far.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.