dawn of the dead

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You speak the truth, the movie was alot of fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah my buds and i kept talking over and over and over about it, it was ridiculous

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't wait to see it. When I was a kid I saw the first one and it scared the living hell out of me. This one looks like a lot more action and definately looks like fun.

Vision without action is a daydream, Action without vision is a nightmare.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You guy have me interested now. It looked like a bad movie with lots of horror cliches. What's it actually like (and what's it about)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i want to see it but i am scared.. im a HUGE fan of the origional
    so im going to have some serious reservations im sure.

how would you say it holds up to the origional? was the bar raised? lowered? or just completely different? did it get the hollywood turnkey treatment?

-Lono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow... I am so damn impressed, they did just about EVERYTHING I've ever wanted to see a zombie do.

Fun is right, that first 'infestation' scene in the suburbs had me freaked pretty damn badly.

I love Romero, but I think this went above and beyond anything he's ever tried.

It had a few 'cheezy' moments, but again the focus is Zombies ... and thus far it has the best damn zombies I've ever seen.

my website
    -- playing: "Pikmin 3" and "World of Tanks"
    -- reading: "Death of the Liberal Class" -Chris Hedges

O my soul, do not aspire to immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. - Pindar

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lono-- my memory on teh original is a bit fuzzy--but i can confidently say that they got the film right. its really well done. go see it. then post your response! YAY!

sammy--yea man, you should have seen my maniacal eyes and huge friggin grin when i saw the suburbs in chaos..
    muhahahahahahahaha--

i hope they keep making more zombie flicks of this calibur

MY SITE
    available for freelance

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by tyboogie
    lono-- my memory on teh original is a bit fuzzy--but i can confidently say that they got the film right. its really well done. go see it. then post your response! YAY!

sammy--yea man, you should have seen my maniacal eyes and huge friggin grin when i saw the suburbs in chaos..
    muhahahahahahahaha--

i hope they keep making more zombie flicks of this calibur
    I was a just a tad bit stoned when i saw this flick and the beginning scenes freaked the shit outta me....

the suburb was fantastic btw Ty...the way the camera panned throughout the chaos was awesome....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bryan: those green screens for the previews are bright when you are stoned.

..I hear.

I don't think I'm going to go see this movie, until it comes out on DVD, as all the Zombie movies I've seen sucked.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i guess im the only one who thought this movie totally sucked, of the recent zombie flicks i thought 28 days later and resident evil were way better, this movie just throw u into chaos with no story at all, i havent seen the original but how the hell did zombies get their, i mean all u get out of it is some kinda of medical condition then when the main chick meets up with everyone she just starts fighting with no questions asked. i thought the acting was terrible as well and the characters werent beleivable. i did think this movie had a very good quote tho, " where are you going....the mall" hahaha

Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never been phased by scary movies -save for that damn tarantula movie when I was 8 which gave me aracnophobia... BUT I have to admit that trailer was very effective. I'm going to see it tonight and am suprisingly nervous about it. Good thing I'm not going alone

P.S.: The Ring did NOTHING for me. Just commenting on the freak factor not the quality / interest of the movie.
    Aline

P.S.: The thing that caught me in 28 days later was the human coexisting factor and how people can go crazy and talk a lot of shit on a power trip.

Last edited by egerie; March 31st, 2004 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spoilers possibly, so you may not want to read.

I just saw the movie over the weekend, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

I don't think that the plot/story is something behind a movie like this. It's about zombies, who cares where they came from? Also it put you into the position of the normal people (a nurse, a truck driver, a pregnant woman) not someone who is elite and above the rest of society (a woman guarding a top secret organization hidden underground).

Resident Evil and 28 Days Later were both zombie movies that did not do much for me. Both missed something. Resident Evil had a whole game series to try and explain in a movie, so it was a let down learning that it sucked. 28 Days Later was terrible. There were what, 4 zombies in the whole movie? It's a movie about infections and zombies, and probably one of the basic things that you can do wrong is put so few zombies. The scenes in Dawn of the Dead where they are sitting on the mall looking out at the zombies after some time passed, showing the BOAT LOADS of zombies was pure awesome.

What ruined it for me though was Nicole. Good lord she was a stupid bitch! Sorry to be so blunt, but jesus christ! She took a truck across the field of ZOMBIES trying, not to eat the dog, but to eat her, and try and "rescue" the dog. What a retard!

Also, they killed off Andy. He was awesome. And the line, I believe it was, "HEY! Start the chainsaw up!" then a few moments later "Oh, sharp left turn here." Pure cinematic genius.

I really wanted to see more "action". There was a lot of wasted time in the mall. It just seems like that could have done so much more to kill the zombies off, and made their journey a little better. Molotov Cocktails anyone?

All in all it was an enjoyable movie. I would reccomend it for those that want to enjoy a few hours with some zombie lovin'.

EDIT: Also, who wouldn't love cars crashing into eachother at completely random points in the movie?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hah! just saw this last night...that was great =)
    and anyone going to a zombie movie expecting a story..you will always be dissapointed..hehe

i liked the end during the credits...the little flashes from the camera..good stuff.

-------
    I wont fail now

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.