Thanks

Loomis "Eye of the Painter"

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a downloadable copy of Andrew Loomis' "Eye of the Painter" book. I know about his other 5 books (Figure Drawing for all its worth, Heads and Hands, Successful Drawing, Fun with a Pencil and Creative Illustraiton)

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I was thinking of making a .pdf of this book but I don't have Adobe Distiller. I have copies of the pages and was beginning to scan them when it dawned on me that I needed that program. If you can find someone who is willing to convert the files or point me to a place where you can download Distiller for free, then I'll do it. It's a small book at 124 pages so the file wouldn't be as big as the other .pdfs.

'The Eye of the Painter' is pretty good but short. Some overlapping with his other work. It's mostly his observations about painting in general - not a lot of instruction like you see in the 'Heads' or the 'Creative Illustration' book, but it's very informative.

Thanks
    @ beer baron
    i got distiller. you send me the files i'll convert them over to a PDF book. send me a PM if you're interested and i'll give you my email addy where you can send the files.
    i can also set you up with my FTP site and you can just upload everything there.

we gotta share the wealth and spread the knowledge!!

Thanks
    I agree completely. These books have been helpful to many, it would be a shame not to share. (It's even a greater tragedy that Loomis' estate doesn't reprint the @$#%ing things!)

Anyway, to anyone who is interested in this book, when we finish the .pdf, I'll e-mail the folks at fineart.sk and SaveLoomis.com and see if they want to host it. That way everyone can download it for free. (E-mailing it might be out of the question since the file size will probably tie up your Inbox.)