Art: mini-comic, Playboy and other pieces

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Talking mini-comic, Playboy and other pieces

Since it's been a while and I lost track of my old thread, here's a new one! I'm not even sure what's new and not anymore, but I'm pretty sure I haven't posted these here (please forgive me if I have).

The NSFW is probably BS, but I'll put it just in case, for those of you viewing from Puritania. Those of you who saw "Playboy" and expected nudes, sorry...just storytelling illustrations. There are a few other pieces with nudity, though.

Hope you like (some of) it!

Let's start with the graphic novel, and then some paintings...

----------
    These few pages entries are a test/concept collaboration with Maxwell Alexander Drake to see if we could work well together and if I could deal with doing sequentials. The answers are absolutely, and yes...as long as the story interests me - otherwise it easily becomes tedious. We are now working on three more mini-stories in the same spirit as this one. None of them to be taken too seriously (hence the self-absorbed title!) but we try nonetheless to have fun and do something entertaining and that hopefully looks alright. I had a blast doing this one and I'm looking forward to working on the next three. The author page is there because it will eventually be part of a bigger .pdf with all the stories in it. I'll just leave it as it is for now.

This is just part 1 of 4 of this graphic novel. Once completed (hopefully before ComicCon), we will have the eBook out on Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and iTunes.

In the meantime, PDF and Flash version available for free here: http://www.maxwellalexanderdrake.com...loodlines.html

mini-comic, Playboy and other pieces

----------

Given our universal love for games, lawyers and more recently, bankers, I thought I'd paint a little scene, not too uncommon amongst us humans, but perhaps a little more unusual in the world below. Imagine, if you wish, a bunch of goblins, orcs, undeads and trolls having a moment of fun that doesn't involve torturing hobbits, insulting elves or pulling the beard of dwarves one hair at a time. We have here a jolly game of Advanced Dungeons and Lawyers where each protagonist is role-playing a...boring human! Living above, in disgusting cities with their clean streets and everyday non-dramatic lives. The more boring, the better, says the rulebook. As such, Gwaar (playing the grandmother), was going from her bedroom to the fridge to get a glass of lukewarm milk, without tripping on Mr Furball, the cataleptic house dog. Gwaar was a dice-roll away from succeeding, but fate intervened and he rolled a 1! Now, there is a special rule for those who roll a 1, as witnessed on the wall behind them. But the DM felt like it might give him a chance for a change, and instead introduced Mr. Smith: a LEVEL 20 LAWYER!

"Ding! Dong!", you hear a doorbell...what do you do now?

Advanced Dungeons and Lawyers, Special Banker Edition

----------

Part of a concept for many exotic Blind Guardians. This is the only one "finished" so far.

Blind Guardian 2

----------

Another Grim Reaper piece. The title is frustrating, because I wanted to mix End of Time, with Sand of Time and while it works somewhat orally, it doesn't quite in writing. That's the best I could do.

The S.end of Time

----------

For this piece, I wanted to do something a little more aggressive and action-oriented than what you usually see on statues or stained glass windows. After all, it's a DRAGON, not a little lizard or baby alligator. Angel or not, Michael must have lost a few feather to the creature...

Saint-Michael slaying the Dragon

----------

A piece that I probably will be revisiting in the future. The pottery pieces are based on real excavations from the Meso-Americas. They're really awesome!

Erotic Bacchanale

----------

Illustration for PLAYBOY, for a short story by Maile Meloy. Got into Spectrum 17.

Lovely Rita

----------

Another Illustration for Playboy, for "The Sexual Lives of Savages", by Samantha Gillison.

The sexual life of savages

----------

Another Illustration for Playboy, for Gary Hart's message to the new president.

Gary Hart's message

----------

This is part 3, but 1 and 2 aren't finished yet (kinda worked out that way). This was also shown in Spectrum 17.

Natives of the Lifeless Forest, part 3

----------

Just some fun with The Wizard of Oz and its yellow prick road...tried different style and brushes, and err...sexual fantasies. Yes, furries, yes I know...

Yellow Prick Road

----------

Let's finish with a 6-panel mini-story. That's the very first sequential I did to see if I liked the idea and the work. It was fun.

Last edited by tegehel; January 5th, 2011 at 02:11 PM.
    Cyril Van Der Haegen - www.tegehel.org
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to tegehel For This Useful Post:

Hai

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

A new piece

His Holiness Saint-Colbert and his flock of sheep.

Cyril Van Der Haegen - www.tegehel.org
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.