albino circus

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: albino circus

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

albino circus

here's the pic I did last year. I don't think it's finished so I need some critics and comments on it! thanks a lot in advance. ^__^

albino circus

albino circus

this is how it looks now.
    albino circus

it'll also be great if somebody tells me how to add an image to a thread so it'll show in the thread list... i've forgotten how to do that

Last edited by b-dawg; January 5th, 2011 at 09:19 AM.
    deviantart accountsketchbook

★ may your pencil always be sharp except for when you need it blunt ★
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,987 Times in 2,416 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It looks like you made up the horses body and the rams horns and body because they don't have the same lighting and form to them as the girl they seem squeezed into the picture space when they couldn't really fit there. Where is the rest of the horse?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice rendering going on and interesting concept overall, but as dpaint mentioned, the lighting is pretty helter- skelter (eg., the mysterious rim lighting on ram/bird). Also, was it your intention for the figures to blend right into the background? I can obviously see the albino color scheme continuing in the background, but there is just no feeling of depth/space since the values and contrast is all similar throughout.
    Last thing, I think the perspective on the background panels, which are implying that the horizon line is at bird/horse's eye level is also throwing the whole image off (I guess that could have been intentional, for that whacky, circus feeling). Honestly, I'm liking the first sketch drawing better than the last version.

Last edited by wooblood; January 5th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wooblood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you guys for your replies. I'm feeling very stiff and stupid about this drawing though I'm going to finish it anyway. your help means really much to me!

here's the updated image. I changed the background a bit but I'm still not satisfied... I don't know what to do =(

albino circus

dpaint
    It looks like you made up the horses body and the rams horns and body because they don't have the same lighting and form to them as the girl they seem squeezed into the picture space when they couldn't really fit there. Where is the rest of the horse?
    squeezed composition was my intention though after your comment I saw that it's offset to the right. I cut the composition and now I'm satisfied with it. it's squeezed because I've been trying to create somewhat like surreal and whacky feeling,

the rest of the horse is behind ram's horn where the bird's sitting. I intended that the horse'd stand in diagonal... dunno how to explain it correctly even in my native language, hope you understand what I mean.

wooblood
    Very nice rendering going on and interesting concept overall, but as dpaint mentioned, the lighting is pretty helter- skelter (eg., the mysterious rim lighting on ram/bird). Also, was it your intention for the figures to blend right into the background? I can obviously see the albino color scheme continuing in the background, but there is just no feeling of depth/space since the values and contrast is all similar throughout.
    Last thing, I think the perspective on the background panels, which are implying that the horizon line is at bird/horse's eye level is also throwing the whole image off (I guess that could have been intentional, for that whacky, circus feeling). Honestly, I'm liking the first sketch drawing better than the last version.
    thanks a lot for your comment! the only problem is that you showed me my mistakes and didn't give any hint to solution...

I changed a background a bit but I really have no idea how to make the figures pop out the background. Maybe I need to increase contrast of the figures but I'm afraid that I'll lose their colors.

Also I feel that there're not enough colors in the picture, the colors are too boring but I - again - have no idea what to do...

I feel so stiff and stupid maybe I just need to forget about this work for a while and come back to it after a couple of months.

deviantart accountsketchbook

★ may your pencil always be sharp except for when you need it blunt ★

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.