Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Manly Brian's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Manly Brian's Sketchbook

Ka-Pow!

(full version of this attachment is on the second page.)

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by manlybrian; February 26th, 2011 at 05:28 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Last edited by manlybrian; January 19th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, I just found this one in my old artwork and thought I'd post it.
    I spent 6 hours on this quite a few years ago for an MS Paint contest. I won the contest but I can't remember what the prize was.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgot to add this one.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr Noir Face.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    King of The Hill

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This one took me seven tries to get it right.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some comic stuff.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some comics I did back in 2006

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I did these around the same year. These were more focused on the ideas rather than the drawings. I wanted to be able to scribble them out very quickly as a sort of idea dump. A lot of them were inside jokes so I'm leaving those out.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Learning about some muscles.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Joker vs. Punisher - 11"x14" Colored Pencils

I did this one about a year ago. I wasn't too happy with the end results but it was fun getting there and I learned some stuff.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bad face sketches. Ka-ping!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Drawing from a mirror

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A painting I did about three or four years ago.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another self portrait.

My Sketchbook

19. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The flaming tree I painted for my sister not too long ago. It was the first oil painting I've ever done. Also, here's another lousy self portrait. Woohoo!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    -----

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :::::

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She has some big proportion issues, haha. I doodled her on my whiteboard at 2:00 in the morning.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I forgot to bring a mirror to work, so tonight's self portrait was done with the reflection from a bathtub faucet that I found sitting in the office.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hands.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pulley doodles.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the MS Paint entry and the giraffe in #16. You seem to have trouble with finding a distinct style for your art, however. I would recommend taking some art lessons or studying from how-to drawing books, so that you can learn from professionals and take their advice from there.

Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This isn't a very well-made comic but I made it as a stress reliever. This guy at my hotel was driving me crazy for like an hour!

He wouldn't leave and he kept haggling me and saying absurd things like he's "owned a bunch of hotels and never charged that much," and "he could get free rooms at like 5 different places in Ephrata and a few in Moses Lake!"
    And I was like, "Fine, go do that." and he was like, "I will! But I just can't believe it. You can't give me a room for lower?"

...and on and on and on.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Trisquel, thanks for commenting! I really enjoy the variety of art styles as a hobby but I will definitely narrow it down when I'm ready to start working on an official portfolio. I've started getting more into studying from life and doing regular drawing exercises (such as a daily self portrait.) and I actually have a couple Loomis books ordered right now. I think one's already been shipped.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Today I'm a fatso with weird eyes and a little mouth!

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Forgot mirror. Had to use reflection in laptop's plastic case for this one. Miss the mirror.

My Sketchbook

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12