Sketchbook: Manly Brian's Sketchbook - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Manly Brian's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some recent doodles from the sketchbook.

Attached Images Attached Images      
    My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another one for the Netflix Shipping Facility. It just occurred to me that I don't know how many more Netflix envelopes I'll be able to draw on since they're changing their service to Qwikster (which, incidentally, is a dumb name.) and I probably won't get DVDs anymore after that.

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stupid. =P

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bowling Trophy I found in the office. Trying to get back into drawing after a dry spell is always a drag.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice line on your sketches, I like the portraits best.

Digital Illustrations
    My Sketchbook
    Concept Art

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to project_razor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another Netflix Envelope Cartoon. (And fortunately Netflix is no longer going to split into Netflix and Qwikster.)

My Sketchbook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some stuff.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My latest comic:

"Saving Planet Zor'rok"

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A quick rough sketch of a new idea I have for a comic...

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Farmer #1

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Farmer #2

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another one for Netflix

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pepsi!

Sill life drawing.
    Total time: Roughly 4-5 hours.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In an attempt to come up with some ship designs, I cut out some crude basic shapes from paper and assembled them into different top-down silhouettes. Felt like a homeschool project, heh. It was fun.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some sketches

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI matey

Just looked you up to say "Happy new Year!!"

Some good pencil work going on in here of late matey, keep posting and I'll carry on being a happy bunny, I love your cartoons mate, they never fail to raise a smile! good one.

all the best!

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool studies bro!Keep at it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Izene For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, i love the netflix doodles
    and the studies are looking good, keep it up!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtemisDragon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some cool stuff here, I love your comics

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Trixtar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey man,

Thanks for stopping by my SB. It seems like lately you are doing more studies which is great as it will help you work on your fundamentals. One thing that you could try working on more is to do more studies specifically focusing on figure ground relationships. IE: People in spaces. Too often comic book guys (myself included) get caught drawing characters floating in "white space" which teaches us nothing. Try drawing your people in perspective in relation to their environment and you will find it very useful. Andrew loomis has many helpful exercises on this subject in his book " Creative illustration".

Other than that, Lookin Good!.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Wheeljack18 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone!

@Wheeljack I completely agree. I'm planning on doing another comic that will be more character w/ environment oriented so I'm hoping to get a lot of that specific type of exercise in there. Thanks for the advice, I think you nailed where my next steps should be.

Unrelated: Here are some more from my travel sketchbook.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Another Netflix drawing. Gandalf the White Collar.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Entry from the "Kill the Character" thread.

Last edited by manlybrian; January 29th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thinking about doing it with an environment...

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The final versions.

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Manly, stuff is looking good keep pushing those drawings. More still lifes! Are you from Washington DC or Washington State? if so state, what city?

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Diarum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stuff is looking good! You've got a ways to go technically, but everyone can always get better. I see a lot of improvement, though. I think the thing that sticks out here to me is your sense of humor. I laughed so much paging through your work. Keep it up with the comics!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to blindshot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh, thanks guys.

@blindshot Can you expand on the "ways to go technically"? Not that I disagree but I'd like more insight.
    @Diarum Moses Lake, WA

Last edited by manlybrian; January 19th, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool, that is only 200 miles from me lol is that a farming place, I looked on google map and there are a lot of round green patches if not farms, what are they? Also he means your technical ability for drawing, like your understanding of form, anatomy and other stuff.

The Penvirates:: Xeon_OND :: PermaN00b:: Kamber Parrk :: Cygear ::Diarum

"Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning." -Bruce Lee

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 12