Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Angry Crap, crap, crappy new year!

I hate new years by the megaton, the gigaton and the teraton!!! New years is the suckiest, the stupidest and the most frakked-up "holiday" ever conceived!!! And before you say it, I know I have a snowball's chance in the solar corona of persuading people not to celebrate new years. But that doesn't mean I can't prostest the inconceivable stupidity of celebrating new years!! Beside, I have a right NOT to celebrate new years!! Why the frak do so many people believe they have to force it on me?!? After all, out of a population of 7 billion there are bound to be millions of people who hate new years!! I'm not the only one, so shut the frak up about new years!!

Have a crappy! Have a crappy!
    Have a crap, crap, crappy new year!
    New years suck! I don't give a fuck!
    Crappy new year!
    May each day be filled with bad cheer!
    And with nothing less than much crappiness! All through the year!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Crap, crap, crappy new year!

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to karma militia For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Thanks
    ... then celebrate the end of the old year and all that you gained and achieved in it.

I get physically sick from all these: "OK, so now it's New Year's, so we're all happy and jovial and celebrate and get all drunk." But I do use the Dec 31st to look back on the year and appreciate it.

Thanks
    I suggest hiding in your room in the dark with your ipod turned up max, to drown out all noise, while everyone else is outside shooting off fireworks, having a blast, celebrating the New year and reflecting upon the years past. Its an excuse to have fun and celebrate with family and friends (and get off from work/school) why not have a little fun?
    Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    I have a terrible memory, but timelike, aren't you the one whose dad passed away recently? If that's you, then I completely understand, and I think it should be reiterated, as this is the internet and memories are short.

All I can say is, think for a moment what your dad would want you to achieve this next year, and make the most of it. We all have to do things we don't like - believe me... But, that's not all there is to life, that I can promise you.

Thanks
    Why would I not celebrate a holiday that encourages eating, drinking, and being happy?
    Baby it's cold outside!

I do art. Not art, but art. Deal.

I once met a man from Nantucket. He insists he does not live in a bucket. For asking he gave me a shiner.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 916 Posts
    Oh would you man the bloody hell up, Timelike.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    Timelike, come over here and have some food that you don't have to cook, yourself. That's one way to enjoy another year of possible bliss or blunders!! Mmmmm...foood...

Thanks
    Well, I didn't celebrate New Year. In fact, I didn't go to any gathering that I was invited to. Stayed at home drawing instead.

Celebrations? While others are celebrating I'm glad to snatch those few hours to slowly creep up on others.

If I ever get better than others, that'll be my way of saying "Suck it" to those who invest too much in acquaintances and family.
    Sketchbook (nothing much to look at)

deviantart account(also nothing much to look at)

Thanks

Angry

In the shitty city of Detroit, morons like to shoot their guns in the air on new years eve at midnight. Sometimes, they shoot off their guns earlier than that. My stupid question of the moment is, why is their right to endanger the life of others more important than preserving human life? I'm assuming that endangering other people's lives as a consequence of new years celebrations is totally unjustified. But there is the possibility that I could be wrong, and maybe people do have the right to kill or injure others during the process of celebrating new years.

Thanks
    Yet another quality post by timelike. Perhaps we could see some artwork from you, timelike, and not shitposts? And can you at least post in threads you make, and not run away after hit-n-run posting?

Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    I have a terrible memory, but timelike, aren't you the one whose dad passed away recently? If that's you, then I completely understand, and I think it should be reiterated, as this is the internet and memories are short.

All I can say is, think for a moment what your dad would want you to achieve this next year, and make the most of it. We all have to do things we don't like - believe me... But, that's not all there is to life, that I can promise you.
    I believe the person you're referring to is Jazz (Who also posted before me in this thread). However, I haven't kept up with all of timelike's posts. So I'm not sure if I'm correct either. In anycase, karma militia pretty much summed up my feelings (I'm not the kind of person who saves image macros unfortunately, even though some are hilarious).

And for the topic at hand:

Didn't really celebrate it. In fact, I slept right through the countdown. I remember when I was like 5 or 6, my whole mom's extended family in Thailand would get together for a massive new year's celebration. We're talking about in excess of 100 relatives/people (Chinese families after all, each couple having about 7 - 8 kids, then they have 7 - 8 kids....then they have...well, you get the idea). I kind of miss it actually. Oh nostalgia you...

In anycase, Happy New Years to everyone!
    "Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Portfolio | dA | Facebook |

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maledict For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,362 Times in 1,214 Posts
    I get why people might not want to celebrate Christmas or Valentine's Day or their birthdays. But I like New Year's because it's about the future. You can't change the past but you can still change the future -- shape up, do better, take control, enjoy life, learn something new, do some good for someone. Even if things get really bad you don't know what good thing's hiding in the future waiting to pop out. I can get behind celebrating hope for the future.
    *** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vineris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think Timelike's too busy trying to find ways to be negative to reply to any of us.

Want to turn this into a "I LOVE NEW YEARS DAY" thread?
    Last edited by Naidy; December 31st, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Was deeply considering adding sprinkles.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    I was kind of hoping we could turn it into a bitter sweet "last year was shit but this year is not last year, plus at least i survived last year" thread...

*cough*

19. The Following User Says Thank You to karma militia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Actually, I think Karma's idea is a better one!

For anything you haven't done this year, there's still time to do next year and so on. Don't waste your life moping, get on and make something of yourself.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks Naidy

What do you guys listen to when it feels like the odds are stacked against you?

Last edited by karma militia; December 31st, 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks
    Game music. Always game music.
    NO- no no no.
    There's also this :

The second that song plays, everything seems incredible. School busses, food shopping, homework- everything.
    Edit: Thanks Karma, can't believe how simple it all is once you know how. xD
    Last edited by Naidy; December 31st, 2010 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Third times the charm, my friends...
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    embedding is easy, but it's kind of difficult to explain. Ignore the *'s

for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhtZW...atedorsomeshit

you take the LhtZWkNa3YU"

and then put it between ""

the end result being (quote that to see what i typed)

And what is that song from? it's a bit epic.
    Last edited by karma militia; December 31st, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to karma militia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timelike01 View Post
    I hate -blah blah- by the megaton, the gigaton and the teraton!!! I have a snowball's chance in the solar corona...

Pssst... dude, nobody thinks that's clever but you.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liquidpope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidy View Post
    Want to turn this into a "I LOVE NEW YEARS DAY" thread?
    Happy new year!!! Hooray!!!

Thanks
    And what is that song from? it's a bit epic.
    The song's from this cartoon called big O, all of the soundtrack is so dramatic(I'd also recomend searching for 'sure promise' from the same soundtrack)- and the show wasn't so bad either.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    Do we have a snowballs chance in the solar corona persuading you to never make a topic in the lounge again?

Happy New Years~

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by karma militia View Post
    Thanks Naidy
    What do you guys listen to when it feels like the odds are stacked against you?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to s.ketch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I hate new years by the megaton, the gigaton and the teraton!!! New years is the suckiest, the stupidest and the most frakked-up "holiday" ever conceived!!! And before you say it, I know I have a snowball's chance in the solar corona of persuading people not to celebrate new years. But that doesn't mean I can't prostest the inconceivable stupidity of celebrating new years!! Beside, I have a right NOT to celebrate new years!! Why the frak do so many people believe they have to force it on me?!? After all, out of a population of 7 billion there are bound to be millions of people who hate new years!! I'm not the only one, so shut the frak up about new years!!

Have a crap, crap, crappy new year!
    New years suck! I don't give a fuck!
    Crappy new year!
    May each day be filled with bad cheer!
    And with nothing less than much crappiness! All through the year!

Do.. do you ever draw?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyskoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    In the shitty city of Detroit, morons like to shoot their guns in the air on new years eve at midnight. Sometimes, they shoot off their guns earlier than that. My stupid question of the moment is, why is their right to endanger the life of others more important than preserving human life?
    Because you have shitty law enforcement there? Just because it happens in your city doesn't mean it happens in everyone else's. So just shut up and let people like us who want a clean transition from one chapter to the other celebrate the occasion. After all you "have a snowball's chance in the solar corona of persuading people not to celebrate new years."

Thanks
    I guess the reason you tend to choose such difficult topics to justify is to engineer yourself to be out spoken so you can reinforce that sense that the world's treading on you, so you can complain more about it.
    I know I have a snowball's chance in the solar corona of persuading people not to celebrate new years.
    And when are you going to stop reusing that phrase? I'm getting cobwebs in my eyes.

Anyway. Happy new Years!
    Last edited by Beeston; December 31st, 2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Adding stuff in

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 399 Posts
    Who else thinks Timelike should get the 1st ban of 2011?

Happy new year everyone

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Krane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Jeez! If you don't like it; don't do it. Just say "No" and let other people get on with doing what they want to. *simples*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crane View Post
    Who else thinks Timelike should get the 1st ban of 2011?

Happy new year everyone
    You beat me to it. Somebody ban the fuck. He's decreasing the quality of my CA experience.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to FourTonMantis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts
    It's not New Years you hate, it's the dickheads firing guns near people that you hate.

Get your shit right, and Happy New Year

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast