in celebration of COW reaching its 200th round, we've decided its time for changing of the guard so to speak. A NEW MASCOT!
this month long round is here for you to put your best foot forward and show us what you've got! empty out your bag of tricks, and use everything you have in your image making arsenal. creativity is key, and you should check every cliche, overdone, and obvious idea at the door. remember this is for the new mascot so your designs should not only be grand, but iconic.
-there are three briefs, for three very different kinds of creatures.
-all three will have an individual finals thread, and proceeding voting rounds. with each winner receiving a star.
-after voting is done, the top 3 entries with the most votes in each finals thread will be put into a new (single vote) voting round, where they will battle it out for the right to be the new mascot.
-feel free to enter in ANY or ALL finals threads. but you are limited to one entry per brief.
-also, since the winner is going to be the new mascot. depict the majority of your creature, and try to show it clearly separated from the background. this is more of a guideline to help us out when the mascot gets chosen, and nobody will fail to make the finals if this is not followed.
these walking terrors have roamed the land of their home world for centuries as the most powerful alpha predators in the known universe. in a fight with any other living thing on land, these badass's barely break a sweat taking their foe down. these nasty bastards take great pleasure in showing off their dominance, and will commonly search for the strongest opponents they can find just for the sport of crushing them. design the alpha land predator!
things to keep in mind...
- this creature dwells only on land. not sometimes, always! it can't fly, and it can't swim.
- try to think about what makes your creature so powerful. how does it prey on things?, how does it keep from being prey itself?, what biological weapons does it have?, what defenses does it use or how does it keep from being hurt?
- it can be any size. but if it is smallish, you should still show why it can dominate an opponent in a fight
What better place for the most intelligent beings in the universe to inhabit then in the deepest bodies of water (water is the source of all life in the evolutionary sense, so their inhabitants have a big head start over us idiotic humans to evolve intellectually). this creature you'll be designing has such a powerful intellect that its most mundane thought would blow your mind, and change your way of life. When its really using its vast mental power the thoughts would literally break our tiny human brains, and cause our heads to explode.
Things to remember...
- this creature lives its entire existence under water. Never leaving its depths for any reason.
- you must show in a visual way that this creature uses some kind of mental power, Or that it is capable of such, in your image. Don't just have a creature swimming around, and say in your brief that it's thinking about intellectual stuff.
- how does it survive? It doesn't have a very developed physical body in the sense of brute force. It uses its mental prowess for survival. Whether it be through telepathy, telekinesis, or some other mental power we've never heard of before.
This creature is so awe inspiring that it makes the most beautiful thing you've ever seen revolting in comparison. The guardians of the skies protect the heavens not with violence or sneaky tricks, But instead stops any aggressive invader in its tracks with its highly persuasive good looks. All who look upon it immediately feel at peace, and go forth to live happy peaceful lives knowing that there is something so lovingly beautiful in the universe. For this reason these rare creatures are commonly mistaken for gods.
Things to keep in mind...
- this creature lives mostly in the sky and stays off the ground for most of its existence. It can occasionally land on the ground if you choose. But should be depicted in flight, whether its flying, soaring, hovering etc.
- its up to you as to what these creatures are protecting, but its not really the focus of this creature, and you will still be allowed into the poll if you don't depict, or describe in your description what its protecting.
- this creature should be aesthetically pleasing to look at. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but keep those terms to a general beauty to human eyes. Don't take it down the road of "hey this thing is really pretty to the people of some other planet or dimension"
Hey guys, it's me again. Just a little thing before we get the ball rolling on this one.
We want this round to BIG! As many entries as possible, to get the best selection of your best beasts that we can and in order to do this we need artists. So promote the hell outta this round! If you have a sketchbook, mention the round! if you post on or DeviantArt or what-have-you, mention it! If you have a blog about your art, mention it! This round can and will be great with a little help from all you awesome contributors. Let's make this one to remember.
oh. my. god. im literally shaking this is so epic!!! (and its really close to something i posted in the suggestions thread ) damn i better finish up my chow so i can start on this. ill TRY to do all 3 but we'll have to see. GAAAAAHHHHHH IM SO EXCITED!!!!
DV, i have no idea how you DONT have a star already haha. im actually kinda scared as to what youre gonna bust out this round O_O as with everybody! this round is too epic to pass up! excuse me while i go add a link to my sig