Perfect Painting
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Perfect Painting

I am new to painter and I was wondering what tips you guys had for honing my skills in Painter essentials 4.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well we mostly focus on Painter (not Essentials) since it is a stripped down version. Nothing wrong with it but it's more for hobby.

Just wanted to point out your topic is "no such thing" because the answer to your question though frustrating and canned as it is

You need to practice and learn that it's ok to make a lot of mistakes. You also need to work on your foundations because no program will make a "perfect painting".

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://essentialscafe.com/Default.aspx

Yes, the only way is to practise continually. You can take classes, read books or watch DVDs about digital painting but all of these, when it boils down, will say "draw, practise". So...pick a subject and paint. When you take a break search through this forum and others to find out what others are doing. Do research on composition, value and colour, these are very important and need to be conquered. Essentials has simple brushes which are enough for the time being.

When you paint you will hit obstacles, become frustrated and make mistakes, just like every beginner and professional alike. You are not alone!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to joeparis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you to you both I do realize that there is no such thing as a perfect painting however, sorry for the misleading topic name. But thanks once again to you both. I will take your advice.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.