Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    wow QLOTZAN thanks for all the info.. i dnno if i should bring back the first pic i had or just keep this one... maybe i will wait till i start digital work and put something at first..
    thanks alot for all ur info though

Vices im in love with the link u gave me.. that i went out and got black ink and a pen and a brush.. and for the first time i tried ink... this is a quick sketch i did in an hour and a half.... im in love with inkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    by the way it is crappy sketch coz i didnt pay much attention to details like i used to.. coz i just wanted to try ink ...so ...

sorry guys

Thanks
    hi that cool sketch in ink style

keep it up my friend

qlotzan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to qlotzan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Really good stuff here, the portraits are very nice. looks like its a case of refining your art, finding what lines shading etc is needed and what isnt so you get a more concise image but the fundamentals are down, nice!

Thanks
    thanks qlotzan

TheJackal : its true... once u got the main rules in ur mind and in ur drawings.. u will spent the rest of ur life refining ur art and creating ur own style... the art journey is endless... and im still way in the begining but im enjoying every bit of it...

for now.. painting no. 3 ... 2nd layer for the face, hair and backgorund...
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/SalemShanouha

Thanks
    great attention to detail! very cool work

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nengrana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I love your drawings, everything is perfect on them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlyhamster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Nengrana thanks man... i appreciate it

deadlyhamster ... im glade u liked them
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

Thanks
    Like the others, I like your sense of detail. I wish I could work oils like you the first time I did them... You have a good thing going on here. I like the horse at the beginning, love the intricate lines that give a sense of bulk. I think you'd use some freedom in color. Try to add variety to your marks think in terms of cold and warm, as much as light and dark. very nice control over your workflow. Most of the time I try to plan and execute oils like you, one layer at a time, very carefully, but then comes a time I start to get excited, and its the time I stop thinking too much and go with the flow. This is valuable, because you go to a different place everytime - you may mistake, or you may do some fabulous piece, but everytime you come back with a different insight, because you overstepped and went into unknown territory. Sometimes the best way to go to your destination is just to follow your instinct.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Moonrage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks for your post earlier, i can definently trust your advice because - Your so good :]
    keep it up and definently try some more ink works and get some sharp interesting lines coming out of your work, it will definently add so much more depth to your already skilled pencil works!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to James Thomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Moonrage.. u said exactly what the teacher said in the oil workshop im in.. he told me i paint exactly as i draw pencil.. and that i work like a printer.. printing all details without stepping back and seeing the whole picture.. its hard for me since i love classical work and putting every single detail in a picture to draw in large areas at once... its a bad habit i picked up from pencil that i cant get rid off... like the horse i should be starting with mid tones then shadows then light.. or what ever process that oil painters do.. but in 2nd layer i start adding final details ... not to mention mixing colors for hours to get exactly the colors i see.. i agree with all what u said but it is hard... can u imagine that i dont have any bad sketches ? every time i draw either its perfect (in my opinion at least ) or no other option.. i dont experiment that much.. or at all i guess... i dont have oil paintings that r tests for techniques.. as if every pic i do should be in an exhibition.. i need to let go a bit.. i really do but its a psychological thing i guess.. but i promise i will work on this.. i have to!!

Providenc thank u for ur comment.. and i did love ink for the sharp edges and dramatical effects... i love manga so much that i may do oil painting for manga.. i dont know if ppl did that already but it will be fun .. and i will post more ink soon..

Sean McClain thanks man.. i will

for now.. i had some pics left from my old post i thought to post here ..so i can delete my earlier post.. these are from waaaay back.. i guess 4 months since i started drawing... back in jan/ 2010... so they are oldddddddddddd drawings..

Thanks
    hey man, good stuff you have here, you're sure on right track, studies are really good and detailing is excellent!

Thanks
    okay that horse is seriously kick ass...I am not a trained painter so I cant comment on your techniques, Part from that i think your sketch studies are very nice.. but i bet you are missing out on some vital things at the break down steps cause i see some really basic problems in your sketches.. like the nose bridge in the Milla jovovich sketch. so my only suggestion would be to try to dome more intensive breakdowns... I personally do alot of sketch-from-photo practice, (working man>can't attend classes) the only problem with doing these is that, you can get carried away with the flat 2d form and not think of it in it's true 3d space..which leads to proportional problems,
    I hope I made sense here.. your progress is great.. keep up the good work and keep rockin!!!!!

Thanks
    Solid pencil drawings and those portraits are amazing, definitely capture the moment.

Thanks
    Liking your work, I envy the amount of posts you have lol

Do I see some work from Betty Edwards book drawing from the right side of your brain? Started working through it a while back an been meaning to pick it back up, your jut inspired me

Peace

\m/,
    "Making art is like making love, you gotta put your bones into it."

Silent's Sketchbook

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast