Sketchbook: Rain Walker "Dream Journey" (New oil paintings and drawings) - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rain Walker "Dream Journey" (New oil paintings and drawings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    still life...

(((((((((((based on an image from google .. type still life.. large ... and u will see it )))))))))))))0

((((( by the way.. its not mine... its a copy from this photo or paintings)))))))

all the credit goes to the great artist.. who done that.. and i copied it from him...

P.S.. this painting is a copy ... from another painting or photo... done by someone else... which is not me...

Attached Images Attached Images        
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    going on this painting... that isnt mine... i mean the artwork .. the original.. isnt my idea... ^_^

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    final painting.... (which isnt mine) ^_^

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i dont understand. you painted this right? but your saying its a study? you can still say that you painted it, but that you did it as a study. but, it looks amazing! really nice details, and crisp edgework!! really really awesome job!!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    read back a few posts .. i had a big argument about panitings and credits ... so thats why im saying not mine.. study.. practice.. so no one think im stealing other artists credits... so no one get pissed

thanks nicky.. im glade u liked it

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    no i actually just finished reading all that.... yikes!! im on your side. who cares? practice is practice! and you didnt try to sell any of these, so i think its good to do master copies!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well ya im doing all this to have fun.. and im posting on a website for new artists.. do i have to write the full detail of each painting i do ?!

anyway.. i did what i can to convince him... any way.. one more painting to come.. soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome painting !!
    And for your gesture drawing try using a pen or brush pen it's help a lot than using pencil.
    Keep going !!
    And why not try to create some painting composition from life
    (I mean some fruits in a basket on a drapery or something like that...)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hito_O For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aha! I thought I recognized those arm and leg studies. They're from Giovanni Civardi's book, aren't they? I'd know those babies from a mile away. It was my first anatomy book and I still carry it around like a pocket bible. This is some great stuff you got here dude, especially the anatomy studies. There's a real charm to them, and you have a good eye for value. Keep it up!

eat-drink-fuck-draw-sleep. repeat.
    Every critique helps me improve! Have a look at my sketchbook, it won't take long.

It is well with me only when I have a chisel in my hand.
    -Michelangelo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SDNolan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another great painting rainwalker..., you learned to oil paint so quick in such a small time, your amazing...
    and Nickybeats, its not about picking sides between sage and rain it was just a thing that needed to be explained.
    I already knew rain was painting from other work but I'm glad there are people like sage because he is aware that other people copy from other work but claim it as their own.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlyhamster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Seeing the progression on that study was great. Was scrolling down. "Oh is he done? Oh wow nope, even more detail. Done yet? Nope, oh lord thats even better!" haha.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How many hours did you spent on that last piece? I find it even more amazing than the previous

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Shad- For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, you have some serious talent. You can do whatever you want with that kind of an eye.

The Sketchbook of Naj and Stu!:
    SKETCHBOOK

And of course go check out the SB of DefiledVisions

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart DeViva For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there Rain, good to have you back! You were right I love these paintings! You are getting better and better. Keep the paintings coming, my friend!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Satu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great paintings. Try painting from real life not computer ecreen or print out. Its a hard skill to aquire, but being able to translate 3D into 2D with just a pencil and brush really focuses you to develop.

Here is my Sketchbook. Please have a look if you have time. Thanks.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=119105

25. The Following User Says Thank You to UCT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Hito_O : thank you... im gona try what u said about pen and brush for gesture i never thought of it before... as for the creating painting.. i really need to create art rather then copying it.. i feel i have been copying art for too long.. my creativity level is at Zero! .. maybe im to scared to make mistakes which is stupid.. but i really need to do live painting .. to get some courage to invent art rather then immitate...

@SDNolan : you are totally right it is giovanni book.. i love his anatomy drawings.. its amazing.. i just did it in 2 colors to make it more interesting .. im gona try to copy the whole book maybe i can memorise it to improve my gesture drawing... im gona post more soon

@ deadlyhamster : ur right i wasnt fighting with Sage .. i was trying to convince him ppl already know im really really new .. and i already said im copying ppl work its the most important way to improve ur work.. im not selling my art for profit and im not posting my work in an art gallery or amazon.. this website is all about new artists i thought everyone already knew that like u.. but he kinda thought im stealing art and whatever its not right... thats why i didnt sign any of the paintings coz i know it isnt mine to sigh i thought that was enough.. anyway.. i will try to create art of my own.. maybe when MY WACOM COMES :@

@ JFierce : im glade u liked it.. i dont know should i keep posting steps or just post the final painting ? what do u think ?

@ Shad : the last peace killed me.. it took around 140 hours in 30 days.. toooo much details.. Saga said he wont buy something like that coz i work part by part where artists do the whole thing in layers.. but im new.. i will try to be better

@ UmpaArt : thank you im glade u liked it

@ Satupeikko : sorry for being away.. i will try to post more.. but the paintings are taking over 30 days to finish .. i will try to be fast.. but i have alot of work these days

@ UCT : thank you .. i really need to do live paintings .. but i dont know why im scared to fail.. is it normal to feel that ? or coz im not an art student im self educated.. i dont know i need to get some courage and go for it... and soon .. coz all i done so far.. is copying art from photos or computer... and its what u said.. to be able to see 3d and paint 2d is not that easy.. i will try to do some soon..

for now.. i was trying for like 3 hours to copy an impressionist russian painter.. leonid afremov .. i tried to did the same style he do.. but i kinda messed it up.. i think he is using think paint rather then student quality winsor like i have...

i will try to post new painting soon..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'd say keep posting steps to your drawings, I think its both fun and educational for those viewing. Getting a peak into how people progress through their drawings and such.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your stuff is looking awesome. I definitely love the progression on the paining

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HolySh*T ! Great oils!

I wish I had time to do traditional painting... Maybe in a few weeks I`ll do it.
    Do you paint on canvas or some special paper for oils?

_QUASAR_

Blog

SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, Great improvement over the years. I myself want to get into traditional mediums and your recent study is very motivating. Again, awesome stuff man.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heyy Rain you should post more often since you inspire me to do oil paintings myself too! I'm slacking with oils, blaah. I like your latest painting. Though I would like to see more original paintings from you! I hope you'll update soon.. I bet you are making some super-duper great oil painting right now. I can't wait to see it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow you have a great handle in your oil paints! fantastic work! Im also in love with the architecture you designed in the previous page! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that still life is delicious.

(Insert witty remark here)

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap, that painting breaks it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh my gosh. That second to last oil painting is so impressive. Lately I've been really lazy about putting detail into my drawings, but your painting study/copy/whatever you want to call it really motivates me to practice seeing more carefully. Keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    5 stars! Merry christmas! *****

MY DAILY SKETCHES

If you can read this, I gave you 5 stars

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

back after a LONG 7 MONTHS!!!

guys and girlssssssss im BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

wow 7 months.. i have been away WORKINGGGGGGGGGGG and a bit away from art
    world.. belive me guys .... its more painfull to NOT draw then to struggle while drawing... i feel SO BAD,... but i came back with a BANG..

i did a painting.. oil painting... and finished it .. and it LOOKED like the best thing i did so far.. i was so happy coz i felt that i didnt lose my skill in these 7 months... so im gona post it and post the steps as well..

its a painting for SASSOFERRATO and the painting is ...The Virgin in Prayer

here are the steps.. and next im gona post the final painting and replays to the guys who asked me stuff 7 months ago... sorry guys...

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the final painting

@ Jfierce i will do that

@ conniekat8 thank you i hope u enjoy the new stuff

@ Quasar dude u should totaly do traditional painting.. more fun.. and i do paint sometimes on canvas some times on cardboards.. it depened on what type of smoothness im looking for...

@ Vatteh thank u im gona check on ur sketch book to see if u did get into traditional medium in the past 7 months

@ Satupeikko im so sorry i should do what u said.. but sometime work takes u away from art.. its sad.. i feel so bad.. but i will try my best to post as much as i can... and to motivate u to do more oil.. i will check on ur sketchbook and see if u did any as well ... i will try to at least post a painting per month.. at least... and i hope u like what u gona see next

@ yogeshj25 thank you.. what an encourging words

@ Divine lol.. i made another one i will post soon.. when i finish .. u gona love it... more delisious

@ Andres333 looool.. thank you

@Jorvaa i will leave a comment at ur skechbook to see how have u been doing throught these months.. thank u

@dark eyes Dude.. THANK YOU.. for the 5 stars.. ur the first .. love you man

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been awhile and wow last one looks great! The folds in the cloth look very real.

lol If you can find some magical way to trade your oil skill I'll gladly trade my digital and imagination haha

42. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, I only saw the ghost in the shell icon on the thread and than I find these marvellous paintings. Awesome !

44. The Following User Says Thank You to shockowaffel For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5