Sketchbook: Rain Walker "Dream Journey" (New oil paintings and drawings) - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Rain Walker "Dream Journey" (New oil paintings and drawings)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The pencil portrait is looking good Rain! And wow 16 hours, could you give me some of your patience?

I did one quick oil painting last weekend, but only one. I know lazy me. I should really really really do black & white still life paintings to practise my values, but somehow grabbing the pen & paper is allways easier than taking out the oils and start messing up with them.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wacom update??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Stunning anatomy studies!!! .... and the portrait came out really well!!

- BLOG - ------------------ - Sketchbook - ------------------ - deviantART -
    "It's nothing really, all in a days work for us bicycle repair men"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, we demand update!! And no more slacking! ..Please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    figured id sign up, your work consistancy beats the hell out of mine, so why not.
    with your portrait, congrats on such a strenuous effort- but does it always have to be someone famous? i think a bit of an Attractive vs. Beautiful argument there. ah well, keep up the studies and the finals are always fun once in a while ciao

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ NickyBeats : thanks nicky ... anime Roles! ... by the way ur imagination is crazy.. and ur anatomy work is amazing...

@ Satupeikko : i actually did the portrait during 3 days.. i do need patience as well .. im gona check on ur sketch book to see how many oil paintings u did in the last 2 months since i wasnt here .. the different between oil and ink is if u dont have a studio .. it will be so hard to set up ur oil equipments every time u wana paint.. thats what is slowing me down over here
    and im sorry for late update... it has been crazy here.. work and stuff.. but im gona post everything.. 3d work and i have 3 new paintings im sure u gona like

@ Vices : :'( :'( .. im going crazy here.. im calling wacom central here each day.. they dont have the wacom 21UX 2nd generation only the small one.. and i dont want to get the small one and they all say there is a shortage of it over here... Im waiting for it since january!! this is strange.. how come they dont make new ones?! is it just here or every where else?! once i get it .. im gona be posting here every SECOND!!

@shambok: thanks mate im glade u like my work

@ Providenc : thank u my friend.. but i really dont draw someone famous everytime.. i only drew hitler , angelina, enrique and that girl from heroes.. all the rest are clients here .. they look like famous people but they arent .. im gona check on ur progress now

first im sorry for being soooooooo late but lottttttttttttts of work.. but i came here with gifts... 3 paintings.. and loots of 3d work..

im gona start with painting one and some 3d

here we go

Attached Images Attached Images      
    i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    paintings steps...

a girl in darkness..

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this update was worth waiting for, lots of drapery on that last painting . I'm curious what you will make from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    moving on to the 2nd 3rd layers..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @deadlyhamster : this is the final pic.. what do u think ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's stunning rainwalker, but imo a bit to green. But I admire your skill level in every medium you use

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you.. i was thinking to do an overlay of white over the dress to desaturate the green and yellow.. but usualy after leaving a painting... i hardly come back for it.. but i think i will re visit this before my exhibition im gona do in the summer...

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm... forgive me for being cynical, but just last month you posted this:

and now you post this:

I suppose anything is possible... but...

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @P saga .. lol if i did only this one sketch i would be suspisious as well.. but if u gone back a little while i did other paintings as well.. but that was just a practic on light and shadow.. it was a 5 min thing.. but on the side i did alot of oil practice.. and this painting took around 120 hours.. in 30 days.. but i posted all the steps all together since i was away... i will post the other 2 paintings soon.. but i promise u .. everything IS possible ... my journey is less then 2 years long...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    but i supose u liked it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Walker View Post
    @P saga .. lol if i did only this one sketch i would be suspisious as well.. but if u gone back a little while i did other paintings as well.. but that was just a practic on light and shadow.. it was a 5 min thing.. but on the side i did alot of oil practice.. and this painting took around 120 hours.. in 30 days.. but i posted all the steps all together since i was away... i will post the other 2 paintings soon.. but i promise u .. everything IS possible ... my journey is less then 2 years long...
    I don't know if I buy that. In other drawings, you show step by step where you completely finish the eyes, and then completely finish the hair. You do the work piecemeal. That's a tip-off to me. Artists don't work like that. They draw the whole and then work on details.

And an artist that could pull off a painting like the last one wouldn't make nearly as many mistakes as you made in the cast drawings--even if they were only quick. The form is completely wrong and deformed; they don't match up (their silhouettes don't match); the shadows aren't well defined, and they don't describe the form.

Another piece that tells me something is fishy:

I don't want to rain on anybody's parade; but if you're passing the painting off as your original work...

Last edited by p sage; May 22nd, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    P sage .. i would agree with u if i only had these 2 pics in my sketch book.. but i have 7 pages of drawings and paintings... look this picture was a tutorial from Matt from his website www.drawing-tutorials-online.com .. it was an early step to study light and shadow from projectors.. it isnt about detailing.. its just to understand light from different sides.. it was something i was having fun with for 5 min.. it isnt a complete art .. but the painting is a final project... so thats y they are so different..

and as for the method.. i do paint the whole thing in the under layer then get into details part by part.. and ur right it isnt the right way or the artist way .. i think its a part of reading the betty edward book ..and i know how u feel about that .. but as i said.. im new .. year and half only .. so im not really that good .. i swear but i appreciate ur critique.. i really do

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    again.. ur picking on the wrong stuff.. this last pic u have as an evidance.. its a quick study for god sack.. its a 30 seconds life drawing... how can u compare this to the painting ?

and why r u taking the fast work as an evidance that im stealing work .. this painting is a copy from a painting done by iranian artist.. as the one before copied from origional french artist.. u can find the origional art on website.. but im posting steps.. in how im doing it .. step by step... no one can pass 7 pages of art from other ppl as his own.. i really dont have the time for this...

but i get from ur words ..its either u think my last painting is too good to be mine and its a great compliment to me actually... or ur actually just looking at my last page and comment.. in this case plz look from page one.. and u can see the progress..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this painting is a copy from a painting done by iranian artist.. as the one before copied from origional french artist.. u can find the origional art on website..
    Well maybe that should have been said up front, then, because the way they were posted it seemed like you were passing them off as your own.

Again, step by steps showing the work being done piece-by-piece are a tipoff that the work isn't yours.

Copying good work from other artists is fine and ethical as long as you acknowledge that that is what you're doing.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh so ur problem wasnt with me actually painting it .. it was that the art isnt mine !? then why ur puting other work of mine as an evidence i didnt do it.. so u know i did do it but i copied it from other ppl painting.. in this i did say that up front.. 3 or 4 pages ago before i did my first oil painting i said im gona start copying painting from famous artist to start to learn how to paint

and yes none of the paintings here is mine.. just the bird ..its from photo.. the others and the next to come either photos or other ppl painting.. and since im not an art student or again.. that good in art.. i still cant do origional ideas for paintings.. i can only copy .. but thats the way art students learn from the 15`s century! ... so i dont know y ur mad at me from copying paintings!

anyway if u want acknowledgement...i already said this before.. and again..

ALL THE PAINTINGS ARE NOT MINE i copied it from origional art or photos .. ok ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh so ur problem wasnt with me actually painting it .. it was that the art isnt mine !? ... in this i did say that up front.. 3 or 4 pages ago before i did my first oil painting i said im gona start copying painting from famous artist to start to learn how to paint
    Baloney. I went back through your thread and checked for such a message. If you edit to add something now, we can see the change date.

Listen, all I'm saying is that if you're going to copy someone else's work (which is fine for learning), give them credit.

I don't like giving people the business, but I was about ready to give this thread 5 stars after seeing the last pic... then went back through the thread... and it didn't make sense.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everytime im sure all ur problem is with giving credit to the painters i copied their art and (im with u in this) u say something else as if its not me who painted this painting.. and u know what its good.. keep checking this SB .. coz what im gona post next is even better

and as for all the other paintings i didnt mentioned the artist .. only the french artist (oriental painting) and this one .. coz the way i copy art.. i open google .. i search for oil painting large size.. and i pick what i like and paint it.. so the next 2 paintings i dont know who they are ... but i liked them and painted them.. so either u didnt belive me or not i really dont know how to convince u that this is my work.. so keep on checking this up

coz in 3 or 4 months im gonna do an exhbition with around 20 paintings.. if i finished them in time ... and im gona take a picture of me beside my paintings .. so u would belive that i did do it.. if that didnt work.. im gona send u a plane ticket to come and visit me in the exhibition and im gona open my laptop and get into this SB and show u its me who painted them.. is this good enough ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all im saying .. im not a commercial artist .. im an architect and i work in my field.. i do art as a hobby .. i learned by myself.. and some good books and dvds... and im learning by copying the work of Greatest artists out there.. so u really dnt have to be pissed if i copied art to learn .. and i give them allllllllll the credit for their great work... and if u saw my paintings u will notice that i DIDNT SIGN any of them.. coz i know when u copy other ppl work u dont sign it in ur name .. coz its their right.. and check my paintings.. i didnt sign any of it.. coz it isnt mine.. if u noticed that u would have known that im not stealing their work.. but u didnt notice that .. did u ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    everytime im sure all ur problem is with giving credit to the painters i copied their art and (im with u in this) u say something else as if its not me who painted this painting.. and u know what its good.. keep checking this SB .. coz what im gona post next is even better
    Okay. But you still need to acknowledge that the original work is not yours and that it is reffed. You hadn't done that until today, which is deceitful to the people reading the thread at the very least.

I'll leave you alone now.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well i thought not signing the paintings and not saying this is my own art and just saying im new learning by coping art is enough to know im not taking the credit of all this art .. so it seems i cant change your mind .. sory for deciving u which is .. weird coz im not posting this work in art gallery.. but in sketch book..

anyway.. thanks for stopping by

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just one more thing:

i think i will re visit this before my exhibition im gona do in the summer...
    I think you should re-think this

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    no i think im gona do it and invite you to see it .. after all u liked the painting i last posted so im sure u gona like the other paintings..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    after all its a charity exhbition so im not gona be paid even if all the paintings are sold .. if thats whats gona piss u off

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    after all its a charity exhbition so im not gona be paid even if all the paintings are sold .. if thats whats gona piss u off
    Not at all. My comment about your exhibition was just an opinion after all. My earlier comments were about showing people that the original work was not yours. Do what you like.

How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think everyone here already knew that this wasnt my art.. they all know it was a copy.. coz no one said good job on ur creativity or imagination .. they all liked the oil painting as it is.. anyway.. here is the next one.. cant wait to hear what u gona say about it

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5