Sketchbook: Rain Walker "Dream Journey" (New oil paintings and drawings) - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Apologies RainWalker, reading that after seeing you post in my SB, it felt like a bit of a dig.. I post a lot.. but it's for my benefit. If I threw out the bad drawings I'd not have much left at the moment.. though granted, in the grand scheme of things the early sketches only really matter if you're famous, retired, and in need of cash. :/
    I understand the mentality you're talking about.. when I was in modeling and simulation I was the same way.. 2 hours for a render .. one spot's off do it again..

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actaully thank u ... i reposted my first sketch ever in the first page.. and updated my story... maybe it will motivate anyone who just started..

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=203429

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent 3d designs and the rendering of the horses are awesome

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuffs!! keep it up!! love the way you start with the pencils.. ^^

My heart and mind are the hardest things to understand..

My Sketchbook

My DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent stuff and I see where you're coming from on the whole depression deal.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Excellent stuff and I see where you're coming from on the whole depression deal.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ shadow1687 : thank u my friend... cheers!

@ migs3331 : ohhh the pencils... i didnt touch a color till one and half year of pincil ... all black and white .... till i was sick of it... but i do love it.. and i will be posting some anatomy work in colored pencil... i think everyone should start from the easiest cheapest medium toward the hardist,....

@ FightingSeraph : thank u friend... glad u liked it

im working on some anatomy.. going back to basics again.. taking a break from oil for a while.. posting in few hours...

i love to do everything and learn everything... i hate to be cornered in one place.. i believe u can be anything u want... Your mind is limitless... check out my sketchbook ... u will find a bit of everything

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good work with that oriental painting, as always!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Rain,
    Thanks for the feedback on my sketchbook!
    great sketchbook, Loving the oriental painting! and the anime! and all the studies are great aswell.
    I see you allso have the crappy genius pen i use ...i will post some digital stuff soon.
    From reading what you wrote about sketches and perfectionism i thoaght i'll give you a really great advice i once reseavd that realy helped me and i hope might help you..

I got it in a gnomon masterclass from the great "iain mccaig" and i quote it directly here: "It takes time to learn anything, and there is a strange phenomenon that happens in the learning process: for a while you actually get worse! The reason is that you havenít learned the new lessons yet, so those arenít working for you, but you canít use your old tricks either, so for a time you just resign yourself to looking really bad. The good news is that once youíve have grokked the new stuff, you can bring the old stuff back in, and your talent and skill takes a giant LEAP!"

And another advice is to separate your drawing in two separate states, the one is when you are learning something new and you are concentrating on practicing like anatomy or whatever and the second state is drawing from imagination and then you just delve into the story or fantasy you have in your head.

i hope this helps! because it sure helped me...looking forward to seeing more stuff in your sketchbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Satupeikko : always happy to see ur comments mate

@ Amit_F

thank u mate for your advice.. i have to say its a new perspective to look at things.. i spent like an hour re reading it ... it is true.. one u reach a high level of art u suddenly seem ur falling down and ur art turning into crap.. and u can see it all over the sketchbook section .. great work then not so good.. and i think this is where most artists fall apart and quit their art journey.. sometimes i feel art is just a mind game.. a fight with ur own mind ..

but i will try to do some imagination art when i FINALLY get my wacom tablet.. im still waiting and there is no respond from the wacom factory in Europe.. first they said mid FEB then mid March.. now they said mid April! i dnt know whatís going on!

thanks for ur advice mate.. i hope u keep sparkling ur wisdom beads on my SB from time to time

---
    as for now...

im back to basics..... Anatomy.. Gesture drawing.... more to come ...

Attached Images Attached Images        

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, you have much different skills. Drawing, painting, 3D and more. You are so good in all of those. I appreciate you post the making of from you paintings because I learn from it and will remember your technique if I will start to paint myself.
    Good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ deadlyhamster .. thank u i dnt think im that good yet .. but i know how to take a complement ... i cant wait to see ur paintings...!

for now.. more anatomy...

Demo_Thesis is offline The Hattermancer's Apprentice Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! You really go all out with your anatomy studies! I'd love to start doing some of those myself. Do you have any idea where I can find some online resources for that?

You've improved incredibly over such a short period of time. Astounding progress. It gives me hope that I'll be able to make the same leaps if I keep trying. I'll keep an eye on this one for sure! I really appreciate the encouragement you gave on my sketchbook, as I'm sure all artists do. XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Demo_Thesis : thanks mate for your encourgment also ^_^ .. i will give 2 websites it can help u with figure drawing.. one is very popular over here.. its posemeniac http://www.posemaniacs.com/ u can do a 30 sec or 60 sec or 5 min figure drawing session with a model (male or female) u can rotete the model as u want.. its 3D

the other website i came to find lately its with photos of models.. which is nice.. http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html

as for anatomy .. andrew loomies books ofcourse http://www.fineart.sk/?cat=1
    http://www.fineart.sk/ (the main website with good resources)

other books for Burne Hogarth and jack hamm are also important.. but my favorite so far and the one i did the last anatomy practice from is a book called the figure in action .. anatomy for artists by Louise Gordon .. lovely book

hope that helped

for now.. 2 more anatomy sketchs.. im loving the colored pencils ^_^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first i have to say thanks for stoping by my sketchbook, i appreciate it. And second you have a great sketchbook i love the first site with the anime stuff, i myself was obsessed with dragonball and still am i remeber when i was drawing son goku and the other characters. And the progress u made is admirable, keep up the good work!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mass87 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy smokes! i love your sketchbook. Its inspiring to see you can bounce back from the things went through and produce this kind of work. Very inspiring. I'm adding you to my follow.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mpaquin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    foot drawings, loove them! They look so, well, oposite of mine I guess would be right, so good job To be honest the eyes creep me out, but I think their suppose to when they look real, I love your new studies!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to spiralpen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook, I really appreciate it :')
    Those anatomy studies are looking really good - especially the one at the bottom of 161. Also judging by your latest oil, your control of them is getting better - would love to see some more oils :')

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mudd For This Useful Post:

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff! and it seems we have alot of inspiration in common ha, giovanni civardi, wes burt, dragonball z, neon genesis! great stuff! and i love the studies too! keep it up!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NickyBeats For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ NickyBeats lol.. it is weird that we almost draw the same stuff but it the most common thing that we are anime fans .. ANIME ROCKS!!

@ mudd i have 3 more paintings coming on the way.. but since i do classic style they take forever!!!!!!!!!!

@ spiralpen thank u mate.. foot and hands are the hardest!!.. i will keep posting anatomy work hopefully from time to time

@ mpaquin thank u for adding me i will keep my eye on ur SB as well .. it is very interesting

@ mass87 thank u mass87 .. anime was the first things first i ever draw.. and always will.. now im gonna draw anime again after anatomy

for now ... more anatomy .. coming soon... Anime

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Rain Walker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your signature message, It is such a good thing to belive, I belive it in theory but its harder to think that way

Anyway, great update! It looks amazing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Solid practice in here, keep pushing it^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your anatomy studies are looking good. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Spiralpen : thank you.. i think the hardist part of life is the fight against ur own mind .. if u conquare ur own mind u will conqure the world!! and i belive only small tiny percent of ppl do that in life...

@ Alextooth thank you and i will ^_^

@ Satupeikko .. i will try to do more anatomy but i need to squeeze some paintings... is that alright ?

ok sorry guys i have been away for a month or so... lots of work...
    for now i will do as i promised.. a pencil portrait step by step to show what i meant before with the "printer" type of drawing.. not watching the whole picture just focusing part by part... i will post each part done then in the end i will do a gif animation of the pic from start to finish... here we go

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! Amazing stuff. Though I can tell you've put tons of work into practice. Awesome job!

My sketchbook

DA

"This is a paint and pixel-splattered furnace that forges the swords of artistic mastery. This is a place where swarthy and belligerent dwarves drink turpentine mead, berate their apprentices and slap the trade into their skulls. It's where the anvils are made of graphite, the hammers are as true as rectangular marquee selections and the fires burn with the light of a thousand lensflares." --Jason Rainville

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha okay Rain you can do some paintings too if you wish, you have my permission

I should do some quick paintings myself too. Actually I thought of going outside to paint something this weekend if the weather is nice.

Well anyways your latest drawing is looking good as usual!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ Satupeikko i want to see ur paintingsssss ! did u go out and do them already ? tell me to check them out when u post them ..

@ wooden mango thank you ... practice make perfect... not yet for me anyway

for now .. the rest of the portrait... total 16 hours
    i will post the gif animation in an hour

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the final portrait.. DONE and delivered

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the process from start to finish...

NickyBeats is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,588 Times in 1,962 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    wow that last pencil portrait came out really awesome!! nice details! also, your absolutely right... anime is the greatest invention ever!!!!!!!!!!!! i still gotta see that new evangelion re-release, the second one. it looks awesome!

MY SKETCHBOOK!
    Some Sketchbooks you should check out! --->
    (expect this list to change alot)
    Mattinian
    RazorB
    Albino-Z
    MatejaPetkovic
    Cold
    Jama

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5