Art: 2010 Animation Reel

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

2010 Animation Reel

I've wrapped up my work for this year in this little reel for your viewing pleasure. I'm going to shop it around and post it to different forums. I hope this meets with your approval. Opinions loved!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    I really liked that jungle song that was used, but the actual animations are a mixed bag. Namely the wolf's movements in that first segment where we see it look wonky. Then again, this is just my two cents on this.

The Louisianian Sketchbook You can Comment and Criticize if you want.
    My Newgrounds Profile Warning: Politically Incorrect thoughts, view at your own risk.
    My Facebook Site I normally hate these kinds of websites, but a friend of mine invited me.
    Louisianian artists thread If you're from or live in Louisiana, don't hesitate to post here.
    My Profile Nothing else needs to be said.
    Trillian: Request to be added first.

Thanks Seraph! You have some good points. With reels, you should watch as if there is no music at all, but I'm glad you liked it. As far as the wolf goes, seriously, just glad you recognized it was a wolf and not a dog! I wanted it to be a cartoon wolf so there was not a lot of details. I did a run and a trot which I felt were acceptable at a glance but nothing excessive, there are endangered species in Montana you know! Thanks for your contribution.

hey cout

Your reel is far too long and varied. There are some good moments; for example the transforming robot near the end. I'd recommend narrowing your reel down to 4 to 5 of your best projects and keeping it under a minute. You want people to remember you for your best work and not be confused with five minutes of mediocre work with some moments of quality. Also, never show blocks of code, there is no way anyone is able to nor wants to read it during a reel. Instead show what you did with the code.

good luck

Re:

Licensing cartoons shouldn’t be a headache. Or at least, that was our thinking when we launched Cartoonsy. Electronic Use / Blogger / School paper? Cartoonsy allows emerging and established cartoonists to exhibit, promote, and share their works within a peer community dedicated to cartoons.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.