Thanks

I think MCs should shut up during live DJ events...What's your rant of the day?

Two things I just have to get off my chest. Some might agree, others not. First thing is (if you listen to any form of electronica), an MC gets on stage and starts yelling crap we can't understand to try and hype up the crowd. In my opinion, if the crowd needs an MC then the DJ ain't doing their job! Secondly, so many internet radio djs talk non-stop through the set they're playing. It's very annoying. Just listen to Bassdrive DNB sets on I-tunes.

...now I feel better.
    Last edited by RoboBobo; January 4th, 2011 at 04:32 AM.
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I understand how you feel, there there.
    Perhabs drawing will improve your mood.
    Last edited by Incinerated; December 22nd, 2010 at 08:47 AM.
    "Take credit for anything embedded in the edit as long as you ment it when you said It"

|Deviantart

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    There's something I need to get off my chest as well.

Dear Euless/DFW drivers,

When someone has their signal on, and YOU have the right of way, PLEASE. DON'T. STOP. In the middle of the road. There's a skill I have called WAITING for everyone to pass through so I can go into that lane.

"But I'm trying to be nice!" - You're not being nice when I CAN'T SEE WHEN/WHERE YOU'RE STOPPING. And don't bother honking at me by the time you get impatient and then drive along. That's not nice.

Thank you,
    Velderia.

Edit: Oh, and I listen to BassDrive too. It starts to get on my nerves when they set their mic to turn the sound completely down when they're speaking. Having some volume a little up would be better.

Thanks
    Haha yeah, I always switch to something else when a Bassdrive DJ starts yapping too much. Though I once heard one of them talking about how it's the rule that they have to talk over unreleased tracks so people don't record it or whatever.

Thanks

People should learn sidewalk manners, it should be common sense really. If the sidewalk is narrow enough that two people can barely fit side by side (or even narrower) and you sense that the person coming from behind has greater speed than you and obviously seems clogged by your blockage, dicrease your speed and diameter for the briefest of moments to let them get past you, I assure you it does not take much effort nor prolong your journey noticeably at all. At least grab that huge Guess bag or whatever ever so slightly closer to your body so that I would not need to sweep the wall of some dirty, dusty house/car to fit past.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 850 Posts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raoul Duke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,262 Times in 2,074 Posts
    There's something I'd also like to get off my chest.

I hate how people do not pay attention when making turns. When you see people at the corner of the roads, please do not assume they're street urchins or prostitutes and realize they may be trying to cross the street. So please do not punch on the gas because the light is going to turn green - because chances are WALK will also appear.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,121 Times in 870 Posts
    yeah yeah, I like the way that sounds YEAH YEAHHHH yeah put a donk on that rastafarai

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nofu View Post

People should learn sidewalk manners, it should be common sense really. If the sidewalk is narrow enough that two people can barely fit side by side (or even narrower) and you sense that the person coming from behind has greater speed than you and obviously seems clogged by your blockage, dicrease your speed and diameter for the briefest of moments to let them get past you, I assure you it does not take much effort nor prolong your journey noticeably at all. At least grab that huge Guess bag or whatever ever so slightly closer to your body so that I would not need to sweep the wall of some dirty, dusty house/car to fit past.
    I sort of agree - but not really...

The gate to my house is at the apex of a curve in the road. I like to walk quite quickly and people sense me coming up, so they quite often slow down and pull into the side.

At this point I can't really run around them to get to the gate, so I slow down and they can't work out what's going on, we get slower and slower and eventually stop all together standing defensively - probably preparing to be mugged by this guy who is following them and refusing to overtake on this dark corner - and they're standing actually right in front of my gate!

This has happened about 20+ times now - Just keep walking at a constant speed and in a constant direction down the inside of the pavement. That makes it easier for me to plan the optimal course.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by refraction View Post
    Haha yeah, I always switch to something else when a Bassdrive DJ starts yapping too much. Though I once heard one of them talking about how it's the rule that they have to talk over unreleased tracks so people don't record it or whatever.
    Ohhh. I get it now. I never thought it was a piracy thing. Cool, now I forgive them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 887 Posts
    I find it interesting how this thread has developed a completely non sequitur traffic anger subthread!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamber Parrk View Post
    I find it interesting how this thread has developed a completely non sequitur traffic anger subthread!
    Ha no kidding! but oh well. We're all entitled to rant
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Now we're ranting anyway

I have this thing about religion....
    (23:41:52) (ArneLurk) I woner of there are people who have hairy penises

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I wish people, who have nothing to do with the art classes; would stop using the humanities department as a fucking lounge and being a bunch of noisy assholes.

Also, Deviantart is a poor ass excuse for an art site! There mine rant!

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    i love Breakbeats, hate Jungle.
    Can't stand their yapping.

I never met anyone who liked it....
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    ^Yes Randis...YES^
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,794 Times in 1,166 Posts
    Official rant-thread, eh? Ok here I go.

I hate it when people stop in a shopping aisle (built for 2 carts to pass) with their cart. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AISLE. TAKING UP ALL SPACE.
    "I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Let me hop in on this:
    You think MC interruption is bad @ House(whateverstyle) & Electronica events?
    How about you go to a dancehall reggae night, see a bangin broad, groove all up on her, then all of a sudden an MC keeps screamin into the mic with pointless patois *AND* the DJ abruptly changes to an offbeat song right in the middle of the best part of the current track. Good reggae DJs are way harder to find than any other DJ on the face of the earth. If I wasn't already hit with the contact (I don't smoke, anything), I'd "kick a hole in the speaker, pull the plug, then I'd jet"
    Traffic:
    Oncoming drivers @ a 4 way intersection w/ no stop signs always have the right of way if going straight, One day I sat for dam near 5 min waiting for this clown to realize he had the right of way...frickin Walmart drivers licenses
    Shopping carts:
    Dude, I feel ya, I just push theirs out the way. Real bold. My next move is to look at them to see just what the hell they're gonna do. We are in a store, and there's an aisle full of potential weapons and projectiles sittin on the shelf. Let's dance.
    Chipsterology Sketchbook - Open for crits - 24hrs
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=126257
    Twitter: Chipsterology

Randis is offline ( ゚∀゚)/ ♥♥♥ おっぱい!おっぱい!
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,057 Times in 945 Posts
    I hate it when the fat mamas let their shopping carts stay in the middle of the way and wander off to get their shit.

I hate it when waiter make a face when they get none or little tip, forgetting that it is rewarded for a good service.
    Currently working on my indie RPG , please check out
    DRAGON FIN SOUP on KICKSTARTER
    Please support my Project!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    My finished paintings and other work

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R a n d i s View Post
    I hate it when the fat mamas let their shopping carts stay in the middle of the way and wander off to get their shit.

I hate it when waiter make a face when they get none or little tip, forgetting that it is rewarded for a good service.
    Do you even know how much they make? It not enough to live on; be nice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 916 Posts
    I hate when I see people on DA make huge journals ranting about their family. I've just seen one now where someone's like "OMFG MY COUSIN WENT TO SEE A BABY INSTEAD OF ME TODAY SO I'M NEVER GOING TO TALK TO HER AGAIN"
    Its stupid too, since her cousin/mother/aunt could EASILY find that journal and get really upset.

Can't believe how selfish some kids can be. *shakes head*
    Annnnd that's my rant. *salute*
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Naidy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidy View Post
    I hate when I see people on DA make huge journals ranting about their family. I've just seen one now where someone's like "OMFG MY COUSIN WENT TO SEE A BABY INSTEAD OF ME TODAY SO I'M NEVER GOING TO TALK TO HER AGAIN"
    Its stupid too, since her cousin/mother/aunt could EASILY find that journal and get really upset.

Can't believe how selfish some kids can be. *shakes head*
    Annnnd that's my rant. *salute*
    You know you can uncheck the journal option after watching someone right? Reading journals on DA expecting no wangst/idiocy is like reading youtube comments expecting an intelligent discussion

Seriously I hate the people who pollute CA with rants about DA, every post is essentially the same content/lame kawaii joke rehashed for the 50000th time. And Taylor swift, she sucks

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Eldritch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 916 Posts
    You know- I hadn't the slightest idea you could uncheck journals.
    And I'm sorry, it wasn't intentionally one of those "OMG DA" hate rants, just about people moaning about family in general. I keep getting people moaning about the smallest things to me lately, whether on the internet or IRL. xD

But anyways, I'm going to go do that unchecking journal thing before I forget.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    I'm sick of Swiffer commercials...I just can't stand hearing, "Hey, mop!" anymore. o_O

I'm also mad that people who bought buildings downtown WILL NOT USE THEM. It's almost a ghost town when it used to be thriving! The only cool place to go is a candy store.

Thanks
    This is getting too funny. I hate it when we try and parallel park in between driveways and there's clearly enough space for two cars, but some dick smoke parks his/her car in the middle and takes up two spots.
    My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]