Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Traditional or Digital art?

Which do you appreciate seeing more? Digital art or art that physically exists and can be photographed or scanned.

And in the " traditional " art section do you prefer abstract art or literal art

I will admit to being an abstract artist in general, I only started a few months ago and haven't been trained. I tend to draw what i see in my head when i listen to music, that being colours and shapes when I am at a complete state of relaxation ( no drugs )

Last edited by PO; December 20th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Gruaig :: Gorm :: Dubh
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 Times in 776 Posts
    Cerque:
    "You can't build on vagueness" - Bill Evans (Jazz pianist)

From Gegarin's point of view
    http://www.chrisbennettartist.co.uk/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 685 Posts
    Oh hell...*runs out of thread*

"Everything must serve the idea. The means used to convey the idea should be the simplest and clear. Just what is required. No extra images. To me this is a universal principle of art. Saying as much as possible with a minimum of means."
    -John Huston, Director

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OmenSpirits View Post
    Oh hell...*runs out of thread*
    What is wrong with the question?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,091 Times in 2,481 Posts
    Your an abstract artist by your own admission right? The only way to make your art is traditionally. Nobody will pay you to do abstract art as a concept artist digitally, so you need to be in galleries. I would think most people here prefer realism over abstract because they are here to learn to be illustrators and production and concept artists. Not much call for abstract artists in those disciplines.

Thanks
    I really have no idea what the terms are or anything like that, I am amateur in my understanding of art and its history and technical terms. I was just told this was a good art site. I am just curious what most people's opinions are on the matter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerque View Post
    What is wrong with the question?
    It gets asked a lot here. A lot a lot. Then people start arguing opinions, senselessly.
    Can't have a thread where people just say "I like this and this is why". Someone always chimes in with "My opinion makes more sense."

I like traditional methods, being able to hold a physical creation over digital replication is more satisfying to me. As far as abstract vs. traditional, I don't care - if I like the way it looks than the category doesn't really matter.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    It gets asked a lot here. A lot a lot. Then people start arguing opinions, senselessly.
    Can't have a thread where people just say "I like this and this is why". Someone always chimes in with "My opinion makes more sense."

I like traditional methods, being able to hold a physical creation over digital replication is more satisfying to me. As far as abstract vs. traditional, I don't care - if I like the way it looks than the category doesn't really matter.
    Yes, I like that view you hold as well. I just don't understand why people argue so much over this?

"Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself."

Last edited by PO; December 20th, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks
    Yes, I like that view you hold as well. I just don't understand why people argue so much over this?
    Touchy subject when you play with the categorical boxes artists place them selves in, I think. Better to just not have a box.

Thanks
    Touchy subject when you play with the categorical boxes artists place them selves in, I think. Better to just not have a box.
    Jesus, I wasn't looking to start an argument if thats what you guys were thinking. I just have very little knowledge on artist's opinions on these things as I know so few.

If someone cannot share their opinion without being shouted at or ridiculed then something is wrong.

I personally find mindscapes more interesting ( Although I love literal art as well ). By "percieved" reality I mean visual "reality." The photograph does that now, painting is free of that obligation now. The cosmos doesn't consist soley of photons bouncing on two-dimensional plains, there's so much more to reality than what we can percieve with our pre-hensile fleshy bodies. I personally find mindscapes more exhilirating than landscapes. I enjoy looking at abstract art that explores this. I also enjoy literal art ( I hope that is the right term - I am quite ignorant of art terminology ) and portraits of people that capture their persona and spirit. I think Joseph Mallord Turner is very interesting because he sort of paints landscapes based on his own personal experience. And so this allows for abstraction as he can exaggerate whatever he wants based on what he experienced in that place.

Let me know if you think I am speaking shit or not ^^.

Last edited by PO; December 20th, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Thanks
    Jesus, I wasn't looking to start an argument if thats what you guys were thinking.
    Lol, I don't think anyone thinks that - it's just what happens usually.

Thanks
    Lol, I don't think anyone thinks that - it's just what happens usually.
    Alright good, don't anyone post in here if they just want to start a fight now Please.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,091 Times in 2,481 Posts
    I am not making a judgement, I am just offering my opinion about the site and the disciplines people prefer here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.