Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Everyone is working really fast! I'm really impressed.. Perhaps I'm working a bit slow. I might have to choose just one.

Here is the rough of War on his horse.. I have never been good at designing swords, but I am really wanting to make this one right. I want it to have a presence. Any advice will be MUCH appreciated.

ChoW#227 :: Xmas 3week Special : 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    the best advice I can give you is to use a reference , there are tons of pictures of swords around , look at them for a while try to figure out what makes them sexy looking and internalize that. Than maybe start from a existing one and develop it further ....its a very hard thing to design something from scrap. To reach that point its very important and inevitable to train your head to know whats needed, and that works best with looking/working at/with reference material for a very looooooong time .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    the best advice I can give you is to use a reference , there are tons of pictures of swords around , look at them for a while try to figure out what makes them sexy looking and internalize that. Than maybe start from a existing one and develop it further ....its a very hard thing to design something from scrap. To reach that point its very important and inevitable to train your head to know whats needed, and that works best with looking/working at/with reference material for a very looooooong time .
    Ah, much like the figure... Makes sense. I suppose this applies to environments as well?
    Thank you very much for the support~ I'll start studying up right away.
    Yours is looking fantastic, by the way. I really like the piece around the neck of the horse. It feels tangible.

Thank you again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Axazel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I can't believe I'm doing this... I'm no concept artist but, uh, I love ponies! Also have a soft spot in my heart for the bible stories they don't read to you in Sunday school.

I have a composition planned out on paper and I'm starting to do each individually. Here is the beginning of Death. He will be the smallest and waiting in the back, just watching. Since War and Famine are his means of killing, he gets to saunter up all easy-like.
    It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.

My sketchbook (it'll get good near the end)

Thanks
    Oh yeah... My Famine.. ah. Well. In my head it works out great. On paper it's shaky. It will be better in color.. I hope.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Bethany K. just a quick one as I am going to sleep now ( its 5:14 here in Germany ) there is a serious issue concerning the perspective its impossible, even by bending very far to one side, that you have a under and overview at the same time. Either his legs or his shoulder has to be redesigned.

so long
    Seb

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Bethany K. just a quick one as I am going to sleep now ( its 5:14 here in Germany ) there is a serious issue concerning the perspective its impossible, even by bending very far to one side, that you have a under and overview at the same time. Either his legs or his shoulder has to be redesigned.

so long
    Seb
    Not sure I agree, as the eye is at a midline. Could be wrong, but the body looks ok to me. However, the arm gun facing us has a round opening, yet the arm is tilted down. So either raise the arm more, or tilt the gun barrol.

Thanks

This is going great dudes! This is my first CHOW and I'm glad to participate All critiques are welcomed! Hello to anyone who reads this and have a Merry Christmas!

Thanks
    just an update. the horsy is obviously coming later

Thanks
    colours!

Thanks

"happy family "

Need to know if can do something like that?

Attachment 1127004

Thanks
    lookin great guys. dropped out of the last one, so im really gonna try to finish this. big project though :/ essentially 8 characters (4 riders + 4 mounts) im still ideating right now but i might have something to show by tonight.

tryin a new rendering style, emerging? scritchy scratchy!

ps make a sketchbook!!

crits tomorrow (maybe)

*edit: eh not much progress, but i started the sketch for conquest. i was gonna do one big illustration but i couldnt find a way to cleary fit in all 4 without doing pretty much a straight on side view (which i thought would be kinda boring), so i decided to do one illustration of all 4...O_O ive gotta get my ass workin!

Attachment 1127067

if i do finish all 4 ill gonna try to make a piece with all of them, but i doubt ill be able to get that done by the deadline. we'll see
    Last edited by lancer_idenoure; December 22nd, 2010 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks
    Didnt get to finish the muse... so here is my try for this...

The Red Rider... the warrior

Thanks
    crap it is huge... i even tried to reduce it!

Thanks
    @Carnifex, many here are afraid to copy each other, but why not learn from it insted, if u find a composition u like why not use it for your own, if all to similiar then give cred to the one u copied from. This isn´t a dead serious competion. At least for me it´s all about the learning process. The same composition can have a tons of diffrent finished renderings depending on light, colours, rendertechniq and so on.
    Merry christmas everybody..
    A wandering mind is more likely to find new places

www.fotograferat.se

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast