Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Pervy's Sketchbook!

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Pervy's Sketchbook!

Hiya! After lurking the forum for a while, I've finally found enough courage to share my studies you pretty people out there and hopefully get a nice beating of knowledge into me.

A little about myself, I started to take art seriously a little over 6 months ago and since that day I've be torturing all eyes and sketchbooks alike to reach my dream of doing what we all love. Also since I finally got myself a scanner, I'm even more extra motivated to poke things with lead!

T-T Now lets us hope for the best.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pervy; January 2nd, 2012 at 09:27 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Entry #1

Here we go, my very first entry -- yay! At the moment I spend most if not all my time doing studies on the human form and anatomy. There's just so much I need to learn!

The first three images are from real-life references where I'm trying to focus on getting a basic shape for all the different parts of the body..

Though at the moment, figuring out a basic form for the pelvis is one of my major issues. I've tried the disk shapes of Loomis, the rectangle block of Vilpu, the blocky shape of hogarth, and even the underwear David Finch uses (which has been working best for me so far), so now trying to mish-mash them all to find what works for me.

Also after checkout out other sketchbooks out there, I've found that I really need to clean up my line work for sure, it's just so messy lol.

The 4th image is just few boring figures from imagination.. As you can see, I definitely need to do more studies on faces, hands, feet, balance, perspective, foreshortening, and actually just about everything lol. I think i have just the very basic understanding of proportions and the muscles (very basic), but I very much have a long long long way to go..

Side Note:
    I should also mention that I work on a 12x18 inch sketchbook and my scanner only scans up to 11x16.5, so some of the images are missing roughly a inch or 1(1/2) on their sides.
    Also, I drew these with 2H lead, so I had to digitally darken them up a bit for you guys to actually see them ^^;.

Last edited by Pervy; December 17th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook Entry #2

Here I go with my second sketchbook entry! These are the horrible studies I did yesterday ^^;.

First & Second are some figure studies from photos and some Loomis.

Third & Fourth are some horrible heads from my imagination to see where I'm at.. Which I desperately need to work on..

Fifth & Sixth
    Another figure study of photos and the sixth is some from imagination.

Seven
    has even more figure studies from photos, and Eight is where I'm trying to apply some of the things I've learned from the studies.

Nine: After burning my eyes through my sketchbook, and this made me realize that its horrible to look at! ^^; So I tossed something more complete pleasant to look at.. At least that was my intention lol. Just a figure from imagination. As you can already tell, I need a lot of work.

Side note: Uploading all these images is sure time consuming! o-o Huge props the guys with huge long going sketchbooks, that's some real dedication.

Last edited by Pervy; December 18th, 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook Entry #3

Lately I've been doing a lot of whole figure drawings, but I think my neglecting of studying specific body parts have made we weaken quite a bit when it comes to actually drawing finished anatomy. So, I decided it was time I went back to the basics and study both the figure's proportion and the muscles!

1st Image:
    Here I just copied two arms from a real life references and tried applying them from imagination (The two numbered are from the reference). I also tried rendering a bit but realized I completely forgot to consider the light source lol *facepalm*.

2nd Image: Here I did some more applying of what I learned from the first image. I even tried drawing a few bananas from imagination ^^.. (Ugh, I definitely made that guy's neck to long though..)

3rd & 4th Image: This is where I went back to Loomis to get my female proportions right, and I'm glad I did since I was really off base lol. I also tried to refine my basic shapes of the torso and pelvis (oooh the pesky pelvis *shakes fist*) to forms I could use in different positions (Which I drew in blue).

I think i'm getting on the right track of things with going back to anatomy, so now I'll powering through the whole spectrum of the body's anatomy to figure out how little I know lol.

Also any advice or critiques would be super awesome ahah

Last edited by Pervy; December 20th, 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook Entry #4

I'm always prone to forget what I learn every once in a while even after I copy something over and over, so I thought why not actually try to do something with some actual poses to test and ingrain the new basic forms and proportions into my head. Better yet, why not also post up the basic forms and the sketch so who ever wants to see can see.

1st Image: This image I'm just warming up my proportions/forms to make sure I'm on the right track before moving on. I tried also tried adding values here and there so i can check later from my value studies just how far off I am hehehe.. (F.Y.I., I have yet to actually study value, lol so I apologize now for the horrible rendering)

2nd Image:
    Here I just made up some poses from my imagination using my basic forms to seeing if I can actually do any dynamic-like poses from my head. Reason why is because most of the time I find myself just drawing static standing poses since I'm not to confident in my proportions yet (Not to say these are really dynamic.. I still need to understand perspective and foreshortening). I also added a superhero/superheroin on the sides just because I'm actually kinda hesitant of drawing large breasts or muscular pecs lol.

3rd image: Now this is where I erase down the original basic forms with a kneaded eraser to draw over it with the second sketch. lol as you can see I don't like drawing the people that are getting hit.. ^^: Just lost my patience for it.. Anyways after this I realized I still need to work on my drapery, values, more dynamics, torso/legs/back/ muscles, faces, hair, and of course hands. ^^; I'm amazed I can doodle anything with how much I don't know. Oh, and sorry for my horrible sense of fashion >>;;.. Think I made the heroin's head to big to.. hmm

If you have any advice/critiques for me please do tell, I'd love the help.. I very much need all the help possible ahah. I'll answer questions to though I can't say I have much to give ^^;;

Last edited by Pervy; December 20th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work. The anatomy looks a bit off to me, but they're pretty well put together.

Amateur Artist. Professional Asshole.

Lookit the Pretty!

Rule #1 of depicting soldiers: KEEP THE DAMN FINGER OFF THE DAMN TRIGGER.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got some decent anatomical studies going on. I appreciate your lines. Be careful of that bisected line technique for the faces. You are squashing and stretching the features (especially in the eyes). It's not the end all be all unless you're a geometrical genius! (and are any of us?) So don't trust it

More more!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your arm studies are great. I too found it helpful to study anatomy in groups for couple weeks and then move on. Don't be so hard on yourself, you've got talent you just need to keep drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great start man. You have some pretty solid figures. Keep the studies going.
    One thing you could improve on is the faces. The facial features don't appear to have any depth. Your figures faces look like those faces of barbie and GI Joe dolls. Study how the mussels on the face react to various facial expressions. Apply more value to work in order to give your figures more depth. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for visiting my sketchbook!

Yours are good ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You know when you wake up a day later and look at your past sketchbook stuff and all your mistakes just slaps you? That's how I feel just about now ahah. Anyways to more important things!

Falchion: ^^; Your totally right, I really messed up on the boxer's arm and leg, the girl shooting's arm, all the abs lol, and a few other things that i cant think of ahah. Really appreciate the critique and comment!

kiwigarbage & Tacomeat: I think your both right about the bisecting lines and the faces having no depth.. So after failing through some loomis studies, I started some life studies on the head and I think I'm getting to understand a little bit more of how to put the features on the face. I'll be studying the muscles a later on when I find where to put the features, since I think I'm really benefiting from the real faces studies I'm doing right now.

Flanagan:
    Thanks a lot! I definitely going to do more specific muscle studies since those are awesome! I found that doing a whole figure at once makes it hard to focus on your weaknesses at least for me..

stezsen:
    The pleasure was mine! I just comment on great sketchbooks ^^. Your doing loomis far better then me when I was going crazy at the book. >> actually seeing you work so hard makes me angry and want to work harder, so I hope you work hard also!

----------------------------------------------------------------

1st Image: Just some study of a buff/normal body type of guys. Once again tried adding value but that's not exactly what a 2H lead is for ahah, so i'll be needing to get a new medium for that..

2nd & 3rd Image:
    Here are just some of my struggles of figuring out how to use Loomis' process of drawing the head. >> There's a lot worse that I made that day which I feel isn't worth the scanning process ahah. Anyways, something about Loomis' use of the circle and lines I just don't get, and never really clicked for me.

4th image:
    Have to admit I definitely don't do the model any justice lol. But I started doing some head studies from head without the use of loomis' circle and kind of trying to create my own way of doing so instead. So this here is where I"m trying to learn each little piece of the face like where the eyes go when tilted, what the nose looks like when the head is up or down -- stuff like that. I think after I get that I'll move into the muscles then go into the values of the face (Though that's not to say I won't wing at it anyways ahah, that's just for actual specific studies).

Side Note:
    If you have any advice on drawing the heads that would be great! I already have Loomis' head and hands book (pdf anyways), but other than that I'm not to sure where else to go for structuring the head other than doing it from just copying real life head lol. Also I definitely need to get a new drawing medium if I want to get into variant shading for value, so if you have any recommendation for what kind of lead to use, I'd really appreciate it also ^^;. I currently use a 2mm lead holder with 2H/HB lead.

Last edited by Pervy; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One good way to learn to drawing heads is simply draw portraits from reference. Start picking up magazines, looking online, draw from a photograph, draw a friend, or draw yourself in a mirror.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchbook Entry #6

Whew I learned quite the bit after doing these face studies, though strangely I found that working with values really burns me out pretty quick ^^; guess that means I'm really doing something right.

Tacomeat:
    Thanks for the tip, I'm totally doing that lol! I've already grabbed a lot of reference, and I have to admit being able to draw any face in the world makes you feel pretty amazing o-o

----------------------------------------
    1st Image: Here I finally did some real face studies by trying to focus as hard as I could on the values and structure of the head. Though unfortunately the lighter shadings seemed to have been lost though the scanning process ^^; but what can you do?

lol anyways with only 2 values (2H & HB) to work with and the smudging effect of using my fingers.. I think this may be the best its going to get for values until I find something I can actually blend with (May just have to do it digitally when i get a tablet). If anything else, I may just look into shading methods like cross-hatching to get more value studies in.

Side Note:
    Most of these heads didn't show the middle of the forehead and up, so I just kind of winged the ones you see here lol. Also other than # 7, 9, and 3, they all had pretty bad shadowing so I found it pretty hard to figure out how to shade someone that has really no shadows (or very little) on their face.. Definitely going to have to rummage through other sketchbooks to find out how they did it!

Also please by all means critique me to death lol. I feel like I really am on the right track, but it's sometimes pretty hard to see what habits I should or shouldn't have.

Last edited by Pervy; December 22nd, 2010 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My goodness do I feel much better, finally think I'm getting a much greater understanding of heads. Yesterday i was struggling so much to get any head looking right using Loomis' method that I was about to go bald from stress/frustration.

These heads below are from my imagination trying to apply the things I learned from the real life studies and I have to say the improvement I've gotten is awesome! Though I still feel I'm guessing where to put the eyes for the 3/4-like and I pretty much winged the whole profile positions (since I haven't done much studies on them yet), but I think with a bit more studies I'll have those down soon. But again, the shading was cut off majorly by the scanning process once again ^^: so I'll need to find a way to mend that soon..

But as for my next face studies, I think I'll stick with just the features and excluding the values, since as of right now I feel those are most important before I start moving on. lol and doing all the values really make the drawing process 2-3x longer (3x = they have a beard). Also will definitely get more studies in for hair while I'm at it. ^^: I wish there were more bald head models out there..

Last edited by Pervy; December 22nd, 2010 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a good start,like some of the others above me said the muscle/bodywork seem to be advancing a lot stronger/with more confidence compared to the faces. Take some time to watch the feature placement especially. Either draw harder or paint over the lines in photoshop so i can see the middle sketchbook uploads,they're practically invisible xD that being said,i love some of the postures you've used...especially the action in them,when you said they were from life..life drawing classes or photos or friends or or or :o

keep going.

Will

Never Attempt the Possible;attempt the impossible and even if you fail,you'll fall among the stars.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The heads are looking soooo much better Pervy. Once you get a hang of the basic proportions of the face, challenge yourself with some different expressions. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FootstepsBeckon: Thanks a lot the advice! Definitly have to be super careful where I place the features, since that really is the hardest thing for me to figure out lol. Also tried to get this sketchbook entry to bit more dark so you can see them better. And as for where I got the poses for the first few posts I did in my sketchbook, I just used this site: http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html Great site for gestures/figure study. I should do more of these studies to again..

Ah and I should have been more specific, but the studies I do are generally based off photos, though sometimes I use myself as reference (such as when I do specific muscle studies like arms/legs/torso). T-T If only I had friends that would strip and pose for me..

TacoMeat: ^^ I really appreciate it the compliment and advice! I really do need to start moving into more expressions. Just so many things to keep in mind about each expression and how it effects the face, it's kind of daunting lol. (But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna wing it!)

---------------------------------

1st image
    Here are some more face studies based off some photos I found. It amazes me just how much the face changes even when you just slightly change the axis of the head. Learning the proportions for this might take me a while for sure ^^;.

2nd Image: After doing the face studies I tried to put a little of what I learned into some Christmas-like poses from imagination. lol also the girl on the right is about to kiss a taco. I just saw your name, TacoMeat, and thought why not have her kissing a taco? Feel like I messed up quite a bit on the anatomy on the arms and chest of the girls, so this made me move on studies in the next images.

3rd & 4th Image
    : These are some studies more specifically on the torso and arms using Stephen Rogers Peck's book "Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist". Actually is the first time I used the book and I'm quite happy I did! The book is filled with little notes on how the muscles moves and changes along with showing how they look.

What I plan to do next is try to move on to the hips and legs and really learn those muscles while applying what I learn about the torso/arms to them also. will also be studying a few more faces on more difficult axis to find where to place the features. T-T There's just so much I need to learn.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yesterday was a pretty busy day with the holidays and all lol, but luckily I still managed some time for a few more head studies.

1st image:
    Finally cracked opened my Andrew Loomis book on heads and hands and did a few studies of the heads in there. Specifically, I'm trying to see how Loomis renders his heads.

2nd image: Here I tried to apply what I learned but it looks like I definitely need to still work on my anatomy (hands especially) and up/down-shot faces. Though I think I'm at least getting better at drawing 50 year old buff guys with very small chests >>;.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy holidays to anyone reading this today! lol and I apologize for taking your time.

1st & Only Image:
    Another little study out of Andrew Loomis' Heads and hands book. ^^; Still have a very hard time rendering like he does, but pretty soon I'll be heading over to the art shop after the holiday season is over and pick up some new supplies. Anyways, here I was studying more or less on figuring out how to draw in profile and I definitely learned a few things.. Though drawing the lips and nose has always been difficult to figure out, especially for a attractive face for me. I also did a few doodles where I apply what I learned, but I just didn't have the time time to scan it with the holiday and such.

Anyways, hopefully my tablet will be coming in soon, so I can finally start going into color and more effective value studies digitally, outside of just working in traditional means of using up graphite. Also might have more time to draw to, so that's awesome also.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good start so far, the studies (both of bodies, and of faces) are looking great. Keep up the good work!

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Naidy: Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the encouragement lol (I very much need it ahah).

---------------------------

1st Image: Just two heads in profile where I applied the things I learned in the last study I did. I actually did these and a other imagination sketches yesterday, but since I don't have my secondary sketchbook with me, I only have these two to share. ^^; Better then nothing maybe?

2nd Image
    : Now usually I don't post up my warm-up doodles, but I this one in particular I always found helpful so I decided to share it at least once haha. Pretty much before I do any full figure drawings for the day, I usually do a quick warm up of drawing my basic shapes for the figure. I do this to get a sense of my proportions and the shapes themselves.

Not sure why, but I found that if I don't do it after I haven't drawn a whole figure in a few days I just run into more trouble. I also do other positions like 3/4 and side, but I think you get my point lol.

3rd Image: Here are some figure/ mediocre value studies of 2 photos of the same model. What i'm doing here is trying to apply both of my body studies and face studies to a model which I'm pretty satisfied with. I tried a different approach for adding value by giving her a base shadow but.. ^^: It didn't go to well lol. But I did learn quite a bit still!

Oh and I should also note that the references for these two were only from the head to the mid-thigh, so I just improvised the rest of their legs based on how they were posed ^^;. Hope they came out well..

4th Image
    : After I did the photo studies I moved on to some figures from my imagination. Before I started sketching I told myself I wanted to make a figure standing with a ribbon of some kind, a girl sitting, and one with a back shot. So as you can see that's what i did lol. I just find putting little objectives like that on yourself is rather nice when you achieve it (no matter how simple/easy). Still having quite a lot of trouble with anatomy, but getting my shapes to form the figure I found rather easy (sorta).

^^; I sorta made the girl in the middle head to small, or is to tall, and looking at it now, I also made the arm on the girl sitting look like its bending wrong.. I definitely need to do more back studies, studies around the shoulder/deltoids, and elbow studies. Hm.. Pretty much need to study everything in general ahah but those more then others I'd say.

Any advice or critiques would be super awesome ^^

Last edited by Pervy; December 26th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    making good advancement buddy, KEEP GOING. The loomis studies are looking really strong but curiousity gets the better of me...boobies THEN bacon?! priorities man!

look forward to moar updates :3
    Will

Never Attempt the Possible;attempt the impossible and even if you fail,you'll fall among the stars.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to FootstepsBeckon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its been a while since I last visited here,you've improved very well, I like the way you draw heads.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to stezsen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good Pervy. Its good to see that you are identifying your weaknesses and tackling those weaknesses with such enthusiasm. Keep up the good work and happy holidays.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoMeat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

FootstepsBeckon
    : lol thanks for the encouragement, William! Oh and also thanks for that extra boost of motivation from your sketchbook for making want to do get into more digital stuff ^^, I'm very happy I did. Now the question is whether to paint bacon or boobies.. Or both..

stezsen Thanks for visiting my sketchbook again ahah, not exactly the most exciting place in town but I do feel I've grown quite a bit since my first post. ^^: though I'm sure most of the heads you liked were probably me and my copying of loomis' awesomeness lol. I'm studying more face features to get better though!

TacoMeat Always awesome to hear from you, and happy (late) holidays to you also! lol I try to stay motivated as possible, but sometimes that in itself can be harder then any study. But something about when i see something wrong right after I actually scans it really motivates me for some reason ^^;. Just gotta keep pushing!

----------------------------------

1st: Here are some studies I did trying to really focus on how the arm attaches the body and how those muscles change. So far I've found that I generally know where certain muscles are from studying muscle placement, but when it comes to actually drawing and rendering them, I find its a pretty different concept I need to study on.

2nd : I did a few figures using just quick basic shapes but I didn't feel to confident about rendering the muscles just yet, so I applied whatever I felt I had a handle and what I couldn't I'll be doing further studying on. (Rendering abs especially)

3rd & 4th: These are some studies from both imagination and observation of John H. Vanderpoel - The Human Figure. lol I saw that some other people had sketchbooks with him (algenpfleger), so I figured if amazing people could learn from him, then I should to!

5th & 6th
    : Finally I did something with actual color -- my very first digital painting in Photoshop (ever)! Honestly I would be the first to tell you that these apples need alot of work, but I'm very proud at how they look right now.

Through out the whole process of coloring the apples I kept wanting to give up, but after every few paint strokes the apples slowly got a little better, and that voice got quieter and quieter until it eventually disappeared.

Now that's a great feeling to achieve when you defeat that voice that tells you to give up! So the apples themselves might not look great, but at least now I know that digital painting is very well within my reach.

Sidenotes:
    For the digital paintings I use a Wacom Intuos 3 6x11 and photoshop cs5. lol not that it really matters but my computer specs are 4gb ram, 32xbit windows 7, 2.2ghz dual core, 4670 radeon graphics card (Since painting digitally, you do need a pretty good computer rig that can handle it).

Also any advice on where to point my direction fro painting digitally would help a lot.. since right now I'm just wandering the desert painting things that happen to pop up. Oh, and fuji apples are the best ^^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, great facial studies. Your digitals look a little blurry and translucent. Don't be afraid of using the hard brush. Work with a large brush first and work smaller and smaller as you go.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoMeat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tacomeat: Thanks for the advice, your completely right ^^;. I just used a simple soft brush, but I feel like I definitely can get better from going large to small in brush size (and use that hard round brush).

------------------------------------------

1st: Finally did some mouth studies from John H. Vanderpoel's human figure book, and I feel it helped a a lot. This has both some doodles directly from the book (60 to 70%) and my imagination imitating the book.

2nd: Here I tried applying the studies I learned from drawing the ears, mouths, and eyes from my imagination. Definitely feel with everything I study, my faces get just a little bit better and better. lol Though I can't wait till I get to actual expressions since my faces are so lifeless ^^;;

3rd: More studies from Vanderpoel this time focusing on some basic bodies and some ears.

4th: I tried doing some more figures from imagination, but I found it kinda rough coming up with poses, so I think I'm going to do more gesture drawings to open my mind to more variety.

Sidenote:
    I'm having a hard time finding some references for studying foreshortening, so i was planning to instead find some comic books to study how they do their dynamic poses instead lol. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but It's hard to find really dynamic photo reference (especially for muscly guys).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool gesutre/pose upload pervy matey :3 trouble with foreshortening eh? try thinking of generic poses for image search engines which will hopefully have some foreshortened pose (for example,' man walking' will most certainly throw out a few front leg first pictures you could use, 'man pointing' would hopefully throw out a few ppl pointing away from the camera- might be worth a shot), aside from that,off the top of my head theres a good section on foreshortening and teaching your eyes to adapt to life drawing foreshortening in betty edwards 'drawing on the right side of the brain' - look it up :3

Staying posted so KEEP FREAKIN DRAWIN'.

Will

33. The Following User Says Thank You to FootstepsBeckon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're making great strides!!

Awesome. Do some practice on the nose-mouth area, looks like you're not giving the septum-lip ratio enough space.

Man, seriously you're workin hard.

Don't stop!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

35. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigarbage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    FootstepsBeckon: lol that's really a great idea ^^; I feel kinda stupid now for not thinking of doing things like that myself especially with how much googling I do (Expect generic poses soon). Also, I actually have read betty edwards book a long long while back but never ever finished it lol, so I'll definitely have to look back to it since I remember it being pretty awesome.

kiwigarbage:
    Thanks a lot for pointing that out, I really appreciate it! Those are one of the things I just never really noticed I'm doing wrong while drawing faces, so now I'm aware of a new mistake I can work on -- yay.

-------------------------

1st: Here are some quick bridgman studies that makes me personally feel pretty sad. After a 8 hour shift at work, this is all I could doodle lol.

2nd/3rd:
    I've noticed that I was having a pretty hard time coming up with poses and drawing the figure consistently, so I decided to do some gesture drawings to loosen myself up. Each one (except for #1-4) took me anywhere from 20-60 seconds of me just naturally trying to doodle each figure as fast as I could without really thinking.

4th:
    After I did the gesture studies I used that momentum to draw some gesture figures from my imagination, again trying to draw as naturally and fast as I could.

Pervy Notes:
    I'm going to start doing these gesture drawings for warming up since I find them actually pretty relaxing and it really opens my mind to different forms. But for now on I'll try to push myself to use less and less lines to define my figures since I also need to work on my line-work.

Also, lets hope I never have to resort to a gesture post again lol, since I personally hate haveing only gestures to post..

Last edited by Pervy; December 31st, 2010 at 05:49 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1