Help Please, new painting can i get a crit!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Help Please, new painting can i get a crit!

Hey everyone I'm working on this painting in photoshop so far i feel its going pretty well but I'm currently stuck DX. I dont know where to go next. I know I have to detail it but i dont know what to detail. also i feel like my lighting is not defined enough. If anyone has any advice at all I would gladly take it. thanks so much for those who check this out!

Name:  Antartica.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  376.4 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,885 Times in 2,357 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You need to learn atmospheric perspective. As things recede, they lose saturation and cool in hue and they lighten. Those cracks in the ground have to get lighter as they get farther away. Same with those birds in the distance they can't be black because they are far away. You also need a light source in teh image and every thing needs to relate to the light. Where is your light source for this where are the shadows?Right now all of color is too similar in hue; look at some reference.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like this picture, the perspective is nice and it sort of reminds me of a Warcraft 3 painting, ( lichking and all?)

Though, try rendering those clouds a bit more, they seem to be in a rough stage. Don't forget atmospheric perspective on those cracks. They still hold the same intensity in the distance as close-up, and maybe that's what's hurting your picture ^^?

Cheers!

Sketchbook

I am going to be amazing! .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah it does look like a good start. I'm not sure what you want it to look like in the end so its harder to comment tho.

The ice cracks could use to be put into better perspective. It looks like the ice in front is bulging up. Instead, the cracks should get smaller into the distance.

Find a way of rendering the clouds a little better--either by using a soft brush or a blending brush. You can also try adding some more dramatic lighting by darkening the whole thing and adding some bright areas. Usually the bright area will go behind the shape of interest. In this case, behind the ice tower thingy.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.