Sketchbook: Let me tell you a story... - Page 7
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Let me tell you a story...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The digital stuff. I have a few more things but i have to scan them. Mostly watercolor paintings. Ugh some stuff is too big XD need to start saving for web.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More bears some from ref some not.

“To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    random crapName:  collie.png
Views: 478
Size:  972.6 KBName:  greyicon.png
Views: 467
Size:  12.5 KBName:  kittenrustyicon.png
Views: 474
Size:  13.6 KB

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Almost a quarter down page 7 and no critique, I must be doing awesome jobs on everything.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

p sage is offline in pursuit of hot lines Level 14 Gladiator: Dimacheri
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingal View Post
    Almost a quarter down page 7 and no critique, I must be doing awesome jobs on everything.
    Work on the accuracy of your shapes. The volumes. For instance, the head volumes, the leg volumes, the midsection volumes.

If you're drawing stuff from out of your mind, compare what you're drawing to reference... at least after the fact. The animal heads, cartoon heads, etc.

Your shapes in a lot of cases don't make the figures read as if they have weight or volume.

Yes... sorry, it's a very general comment. But after taking in what's on this page so far, that would be your starting point. It would be unfair and possibly cruel to give you too long of a list to work from right now

Put aside worrying about getting coloring right for now; set aside getting values right for now; until the shapes/volumes look solid. After they do, then pick up value... and value will strengthen the shapes/volumes you've designed.

If you want fuel for your work, check this:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...92#post1938492

Thinking connects desire with creation.
    How good are you?

The Road to Perdition
    clog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to p sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by p sage View Post
    Work on the accuracy of your shapes. The volumes. For instance, the head volumes, the leg volumes, the midsection volumes.

If you're drawing stuff from out of your mind, compare what you're drawing to reference... at least after the fact. The animal heads, cartoon heads, etc.

Your shapes in a lot of cases don't make the figures read as if they have weight or volume.

Yes... sorry, it's a very general comment. But after taking in what's on this page so far, that would be your starting point. It would be unfair and possibly cruel to give you too long of a list to work from right now

Put aside worrying about getting coloring right for now; set aside getting values right for now; until the shapes/volumes look solid. After they do, then pick up value... and value will strengthen the shapes/volumes you've designed.

If you want fuel for your work, check this:

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...92#post1938492
    Thats an awesome link! Thanks for that and the advice Ill get right back to it. Atm I have my teen challenge entry.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just saw your entry to the teen challenge and had to come see your sketchbook!
    I really like how you get the motion and expression across, looks just like animators' work. Seems you are comfortable where you are heading.
    Have you looked at the Advanced Animation book yet? Pdf here. I found that very helpful for movement and gestures.

Hmm, not that I could offer any advice really.. but I'd say that I think you should work from life as well as from books. That will help you a lot!
    Keep it going

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LordLouis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And more meat. Holy cow it didnt ask me category shit!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!

I had a dream last night. I was at this place with a bunch of animation studios all lined up and pretty. I kept going and I was at the pixar studio. I went in and it was so beautiful. I felt like I had made it to heaven and i started crying. I saw John and i was some crazy cubicles and offices. I was too scared/emotional to talk to anyone. I tried to faint so maybe he would touch me (dream logic =S). I got there by teleporting (there were teleporters instead of bus stops) and almost getting hit by a train. I woke up with tears in my eyes and motivated. To be honest I think ill just be satisified working on any kid shows/movies. Pixar and Dreamworks etc would be nice but I dont think I would stay there forever. Just make a few movies, rub into the peoples faces who said I couldnt (old art teachers), and sponge up all the great knowledge that I can before moving on.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your bears! I pretty much agree with mr. Sage, focus on nailing the volume of the shapes you're doing, then worry about value and only then worry about color. If the line drawing is off, the values will be off and if the values are off, the color will be off. So it becomes much easier to spot and fix your mistakes if you focus on one thing before the other!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to yochanan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    first vector. sucks hard bro

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the advice. I dont believe thats all true though. There are plenty of good color pieces that have no lines or values at all. People can be good at color without being good at lines or values. Not saying thats what im aiming for but I think its fine for me to have some fun and play with colors while learning form.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    These are some very friendly looking drawings. It calls animation to mind; are you interested in becoming an animator? I see a lot of good quick studies, here, but few longer, more thoughtful studies. It'd be very interesting to see you draw or paint a still life, spend an hour or so on just that one drawing, if you felt like it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Basham For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alot of my dog luna, life drawing. and some wolves

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I seem to have forgotten some! wolves and more luna life drawings.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    from start of this sb to this last page i do see a difference and that is very good! so just keep on pushing out work cuz its working!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,425 Posts
    Follows
    Following

When Superman was a little child, no one believed in him, he fall of from the sky,
    and the greasy farmers were laughing at him. But when he lifted the truck with his own
    hands, everyone stood by his side. Soon after that Harry Friedrich Oswald got elected.
    The people was also suspicious about your work, same like with Superman, but after
    some time, they realized your real creativity, endurance and capability. Now they have
    a different point of view. I have a different point. Your soft side is coming to a slight surface
    with your each and every study. Through the animal drawings an paintings you are signalizing the
    world, you are showing the truth of love. I am so honored to see you still active and full of positive
    desire. We will go further together, and nothing will stop us from now, take care buddy, and keep
    drawing, never lose faith.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by LtPlissken View Post

When Superman was a little child, no one believed in him, he fall of from the sky,
    and the greasy farmers were laughing at him. But when he lifted the truck with his own
    hands, everyone stood by his side. Soon after that Harry Friedrich Oswald got elected.
    The people was also suspicious about your work, same like with Superman, but after
    some time, they realized your real creativity, endurance and capability. Now they have
    a different point of view. I have a different point. Your soft side is coming to a slight surface
    with your each and every study. Through the animal drawings an paintings you are signalizing the
    world, you are showing the truth of love. I am so honored to see you still active and full of positive
    desire. We will go further together, and nothing will stop us from now, take care buddy, and keep
    drawing, never lose faith.
    oh my god. I love you for this. Such a great comment. Its probably the hormones but I am tipping towards tears and I never cry. Why did you do this to me man =(. I actually have felt that way before on here and talking to some people who left here. Alot of people are more into being a super-render machine rather than a storyteller. 5 star sketchbooks filled with stuff rendered to photo perfect but with such boring pose, no story, no life. Thats nice and all but not my style, its not what I want to do with my art. ( i just realized that recently, that theres more to digital art being great at high render paintings, and that it doesnt interest me) Hopefully one day I will be a superman when it comes to the stuff that I want to do. A hundred Thanks man! /respect and such we'll get there together definitely ^_^

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Wingal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can only agree with the above post! I mean the difference between your first sketches and your actual is enormous! Keep up the good work and improve every time you get the chance to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a lot of work being done in this thread and your progressing nicely. I see a lot of studies of forms and human figures that aren't really being applied though, try and fix that. For every few studies you do try to apply what you've just learned, and if you don't remember what you learned, go back and do it again. Keep goin

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey buddy thanks for stopping by my sketchbook. I like how your sticking to your particular style interest in animals, you have def improved a lot since the start of your sketchbook. Maybe throw in some longer more realistic studies too preferably from life so you can study form lighting ect. I feel it will help improve your pencil rendering which can look a bit flat at the mo and in turn help the work you are doing in colour. The more you learn about the real world the more depth you can add to your imaginative work. Keep going I am def interested to see more from you.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ja1307 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those animal drawings are really cool! Keep doing em! more more more!

Try and do some slower cylinder studies where you are really trying to get correct foreshortening and the correct degree ellipse. It will only help you cylinder quick sketches.

-----------------------------------------
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awwe wtf Only 20 per post now -.-

I attempted the 24 hour comic thing. I came up with Cannonball! Its about Cannonball the pirate sport tourny. I only got to page 9 =( (went to bed when I had 11 hours left) Ill put the text on with photoshop bubbles since my handwriting is craptastic! I feel in love with the characters. Was really fun to make.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Page 3 is alone because page 1 was supposed to be alone but i messed up so page timing was messed up. So i had to make 3 alone to get back on track

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stuff.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOO! Dynamic sketching. Its been helping me get more into construction.

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You said the same thing to 10 other people. Way to make me feel special =(

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I know i was just here, but im excited I learned that one can "ink" with a pencil. Mind blown =p Probably going to be doing this from now on. not solely but for stuff i "needed" inks for

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    beutiful artwork. im really liking color work. very good work maybe try adding some more black and white paintings.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to thebluepuppy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sing. Sing a song. Sing out loud! SING OUT STRONG!

My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love all the great sketches with the wonderful variety of stuff like the awesome animals and objects.Plus great job working on the basic shapes and working off those.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 18