Thanks
    Thanked 1,312 Times in 544 Posts

Looking for the name of a European comic artist

Hi everyone. Somebody posted this guys work possibly a year or so ago, and I can't for the life of me remember his name / find the post he was referred in at the time.

I *THINK* he's a European comic artist, possibly for a newspaper (sorry, that's still a very wide spectrum), and he uses little to no words in his comics. I remember two specific scenarios that he illustrated:

--
    He has one strip of a man arriving in a foreign country, and another person greets him in foreign language, depicted in the comic strip as a speech bubble with a symbol in it (for example, We'll pretend it said "&", and the man was waving as he said it).

The other panels depict the man pleasantly walking through the town with various people waving at him saying "&!", being rather polite. Then the last frame has him witnessing someone hammering a nail and accidentally hammering his thumb, and cursing "&!!!!!" at the top of his lungs. (everyone up to this point had been cursing at him instead of greeting him).

--

He has another cartoon of a man asking a waiter at a restaurant if he could order "what that man is having over there", while pointing to a man on another table eating a meal. The next panel shows the waiter has walked over to that table, picked up the mans meal, and is bringing it over to the first gentleman.

A lot of the comics are done without words, which gives them this brilliant charm... I'd love to find his work again... thanks.

- They're all rendered in an almost Calvin and Hobbes, black and white inked style.
    Last edited by BlightedArt; December 12th, 2010 at 08:09 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member