Artist needed for Comic Book Covers
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Artist needed for Comic Book Covers

I need artist to draw 4 different covers. They must be able to pencil, ink, and have it colored. The way i will go about this is give anyone who is interested a description of one of the covers. You will draw a rough sketch and email it back to me. I will then choose which artist from there to give the job. The artist I choose will also get commissioned for the other 3 covers also. When you email me for cover description, email me some of your work so this will help in deciding whose best for job. After the person gets picked for the job, we will discuss cost for the four covers needed. My email contact is
    petitesfoliesusa@aol.com
    Email me, do not reply to this thread as I do not read these everyday.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atreides For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You shouldn't ask people to do free work. post in the non paid jobs section.
    Artists: You should not agree to do work without knowing how much you will get paid.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ham-e For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am not asking anyone to do work without knowing what they will get paid. When I chose my artist they will tell me their rates. I will go by their rates, not mine. I cant just post a generic price cause artist rates vary. Also I am not asking for free work, i just want to see what a artist is capable of before I commit. I can't commit on a artist by looking at the few pages they show on their website.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ComicProductions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Also I am not asking for free work, i just want to see what a artist is capable of before I commit. "

Sorry,but this is bullshit. If you want the artist to deliver some sketches in advance, without getting paid, then you ARE asking for free work, because you don't pay for the sketches. It's as simple as that. Even initial sketches are work and in my opinion work has to be paid whatever the purpose is.

What are portfolios for? Just take a look at them.

I perfectly agree with Ham-e and my advice to artists is not to jump on the train.

Cheers

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hurdy Gurdy Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It would be awfully easy to give each artist that contacts you a different cover concept, hmmm?

I don't ask electricians to come wire a "test outlet" each to see who I like best. That would be a great way to get a room wired for free though!

Maybe once the comic is done you could give everyone a free "test copy" to see if it's something we want to read?

Stop trying to get something for nothing.

I wish there was a way to automatically flag these posts as spam so as to not waste artists' time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hey

is this still hapening i would realy love to do this for you my email is sir-wiggles@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurdy Gurdy Man View Post
    "Also I am not asking for free work, i just want to see what a artist is capable of before I commit. "

Sorry,but this is bullshit. If you want the artist to deliver some sketches in advance, without getting paid, then you ARE asking for free work, because you don't pay for the sketches. It's as simple as that. Even initial sketches are work and in my opinion work has to be paid whatever the purpose is.

What are portfolios for? Just take a look at them.

I perfectly agree with Ham-e and my advice to artists is not to jump on the train.

Cheers
    there are alot of people like myself who dont have there foot in the door who relish oportunitys like this, dont get yourself worked up but i think that their are loads of people willing to get their stuf out there, its called freelance dum ass

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglessss View Post
    there are alot of people like myself who dont have there foot in the door who relish oportunitys like this, dont get yourself worked up but i think that their are loads of people willing to get their stuf out there, its called freelance dum ass
    Freelances get paid for everything they do because they are respected by their clients as equals. Sure expect low pay when you are just starting out but working for free is not the way to start making this a job.

Hobbyists do work for free.

Educate yourself HERE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglessss View Post

http://www.no-spec.com/ read that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicProductions View Post
    I am not asking anyone to do work without knowing what they will get paid. When I chose my artist they will tell me their rates. I will go by their rates, not mine. I cant just post a generic price cause artist rates vary. Also I am not asking for free work, i just want to see what a artist is capable of before I commit. I can't commit on a artist by looking at the few pages they show on their website.
    You should decide based on portfolios, otherwise sounds like a contest.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't expect people who respect their own art to reply to your post, you're limiting your possibilities with that attitude. You could select a few people based on their portfolios, pay them for initial sketches, and select one to do the job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Published book illustrator,

Check out my portfolio: http://www.brenondesign.webs.com

More sample work available upon request

Thanks for looking! And have a great day!

brenon.conn@murraystate.edu

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.