Sketchbook: Consistency guarantees success. This SB will be here until I die. - Page 12

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheartGFX View Post
    i miss your updates eternal, where have you run off to! anyways i hope you are drawing man be well and work hard!
    We were only here to entertain him whilst he was on vacation. Now hes gone to the grand old US of A and left us high and dry like the old toys in the back of the closet. QQ

Sketchbook Help me improve! Animations
    “To be an animator you have to have a sense of the dramatic, a feel for acting. You have to be a storyteller.”-Marc Davis
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.” ― Mark Twain
    My peeps
    Oghren Care
    Lakai
    Etern
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

No sleeping!

Hello my FAMILY! I have not been sleeping. Oh no no no. I have been hard at work. I am extremely sorry about the lack of updates but a few things have happened that I hope you will pardon me for.

ONE: I have embarked upon an ambitious quest to force myself to do more paintings because even though I was drawing I felt like my painting had slacked off pretty bad. SO ANYWAY! To combat this I am working on the background and layout for about 5 student films. I have ben told that I am crazy and that the average student usually helps out with one film, but... there is no but. LET'S DO THIS!!

TWO: I have been filling a sketchbook with a LOT of gesture drawings mainly focusing on the head, rib cage and pelvis. I think I am at about the 1000 mark now and the sketchbook is almost done and I have already started my second sketchbook. Sadly I didn't scan those as they are UGLY and mainly because i forgot to while I was scanning the other stuff.

THREE: See ONE and TWO.

So yeah sorry again! There is so much love for you guys because I always get tons more feedback here than anywhere else. Below is the sketches I do on the bus (it's hella shaky and I usually have 15-20 mins to do the line work) and when I get home or somewhere else I put the marker shading in. YES those are straight copies of teh FLCL artwork from the art book. I LOVE FLCL and I can't draw FLCL so I copy FLCL so that my life will be filled with FLCL. *ahem* I have ONE of the backgrounds I am polishing up for the final scene of the film (oh LORD PLEASE make it stay in the film!). Some regular sketchbook stuff

Attached Images Attached Images                                    
    Do a lot of work and your work will be as good as your ambitions.
    Eternal Sketchbook

Tensai --- A La Bapsi --- Psychobuddy --- Wingal--- Lakai

Thanks
    Hey buddy! I guess we are both back on the horsey once again! Anyway lets continue the race to victory together this time with all our CA brethren! Anyway you were on the bus and drew a picture of the inside of a bus off an artbook instead?

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

Thanks
    welcome back Richi.
    Nice update.

Thanks
    GREAT sketchbook pages!! D:
    i see a lot of improvement there!
    keep up those life drawings!! : )

Thanks
    looking awesome richi, great thumbs, and a sexay car design

Thanks
    Nice stuff in here.

"Observing the world around me"

My Sketchbook:http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...pper-(Updated)

Thanks
    eeeeh you do so many different things. And some stuff looks manga (was that the intentio?), regardless im glad to see manga art, i haven't read or seen it in a long while, its a bit nostalgic. You seem so comfortable with whatever you take on to draw, thats crazy i think. I dont really know what to critique, but i do think that, umm, well...i really like this.

I think in the end all i can say is, i wish i could take on things without fear.

My sketchthing
    -------
    If i don't reply to questions on others sketchbooks, send me a message. I'm very scatterbrained

Thanks
    My bad for intervening but you are doing really great, im my 25 and struggling with gesture drawing. Like your slogan dude, inspiring but starting with skeleton drawings is great.

Thanks
    Nice stuff my friend i love your mechanical drawings and that bear under the light is great, very nice use of earthly tones so your studies are coming along nicely. I'd say for your more stylized drawings look more into proportion which really you can only train through life drawing i think but also caricature and more powerful gestures. What im trying to say is try to broaden your understanding of certain things so you can exaggerate them. I find it helps to really think about what the character is doing and then make a gesture line and try to vary the line weight or exaggerate that gesture. I like the ink drawings on the last page and the inside of the mouth is really nice. keep it up man.

Thanks
    Awesome but not enough! More!! You are getting good with quite a few mediums.

-----------------------------------------
    My Sketchbook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...234403&page=10

Thanks
    ahhh gotta love yotsuba and duralumin, im a fan XD

Name:  img014.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  86.3 KB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazel33t View Post
    Hey buddy! I guess we are both back on the horsey once again! Anyway lets continue the race to victory together this time with all our CA brethren! Anyway you were on the bus and drew a picture of the inside of a bus off an artbook instead?
    Yes! I draw the inside while I am heading to class in the mornings. I have not been doing that recently, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakai View Post
    welcome back Richi.
    Nice update.
    Thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Niam View Post
    GREAT sketchbook pages!! D:
    i see a lot of improvement there!
    keep up those life drawings!! : )
    I will do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by Care View Post
    looking awesome richi, great thumbs, and a sexay car design
    Super thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LoudLikeNature View Post
    eeeeh you do so many different things. And some stuff looks manga (was that the intentio?), regardless im glad to see manga art, i haven't read or seen it in a long while, its a bit nostalgic. You seem so comfortable with whatever you take on to draw, thats crazy i think. I dont really know what to critique, but i do think that, umm, well...i really like this.

I think in the end all i can say is, i wish i could take on things without fear.
    Sometimes me jumping into everything can have a negative side. But everything I learn is good knowledge. Plus what do you have to lose by trying something? 0v0

Quote Originally Posted by Beeboy13 View Post
    My bad for intervening but you are doing really great, im my 25 and struggling with gesture drawing. Like your slogan dude, inspiring but starting with skeleton drawings is great.
    Thanks man. I learned it is never too late and more importantly, NEVER try to go too fast! I am learning to enjoy my progress and not stress out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephane Perez View Post
    Nice stuff my friend i love your mechanical drawings and that bear under the light is great, very nice use of earthly tones so your studies are coming along nicely. I'd say for your more stylized drawings look more into proportion which really you can only train through life drawing i think but also caricature and more powerful gestures. What im trying to say is try to broaden your understanding of certain things so you can exaggerate them. I find it helps to really think about what the character is doing and then make a gesture line and try to vary the line weight or exaggerate that gesture. I like the ink drawings on the last page and the inside of the mouth is really nice. keep it up man.
    SUPER THANKS MAN! I am really trying to learn more about the body. I have been doing a TON of gestures. I think I am at about 200/week but trying to push that even more. The inside of the mouth was also my favourite!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly View Post
    Awesome but not enough! More!! You are getting good with quite a few mediums.
    YES SIR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0000 View Post
    ahhh gotta love yotsuba and duralumin, im a fan XD
    Yotsuba is MY child! I will adopt her in the future.

-------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

Some anatomy stuff and the lanscape is the "close-to-final-draft" of the Final BG of the film I am working on. I am so blessed to have been called to be a background artist for this film and I am really doing my best. I am on the way to finishing my second sketchbook of gestures... WOW. I think there are about 1,500 of them total. *phew* Maybe one day I will find some time and scan them all in... if you want to see that kind of stuff....

See you all soon!! Can't wait to hear the crits/advice from all you awesome people. You guys are so good to me.

Eternal Sketchbook

Thanks
    love you animations

Thanks
    hey eternal awesome anatomy studies and life drawings dont stop doing those!! also try to always strive for neater linework little by little start doing longer lines, dont go over your lines that much even if you drew something wrong because that will only make it more noticeable keep it up man!

also found this http://www.reybustos.com/03ra/Quantae_mx.htm i think it might help you when you get to muscle studies

my sketchbook! Drawing like a maniac!!

My Blog
    My website
    #Bestyear

Destroy your weaknesses! theres nothing more to it! stop bitching grab that pencil and sketch Away!

UPDATED 2014

Thanks
    Hello again my lovelies!! More art for you!~~~~ PLUS FINISHED Final scene for my director's senior film! I need some crit on how to change the ground plane so it doesn't look so... unnatural. Loving all your responses so far!!

Muah! Muah!

Eternal Sketchbook

Thanks
    You like to shame people dont ( amazing studies) it?

Ahh man Life has been really busy and in all honesty not so busy that I didn't have time to draw but just lost all inspiration and direction with parents down my throat and all that jazz.

I recently moved from the city to a a more open area and suddenly i was charged with energy to begin the journey again and I know I am going to have lows I just hope I can persevere this time around.
    Again I really enjoyed your updates and wish you well. I am going to start my sketchbook again and I am not very good so its wont be amazing but it will be a start I guess.
    Writing this post I remember all the promises I made back then sort of angry at myself now but I guess it makes sense doesn't it.

~ Hard work beats wasted talent.

Doing a little soul searching ^^

Thanks
    your life drawings are getting so good D:
    especially the first one in this last post! really really cool!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,444 Posts

Hey there, it’s been a long time since I was here, and as I can
    see you abandoned this case of glory. You shouldn’t leave us,
    cause a big party is coming on. I don’t know what to give
    as advice for the final scene of director’s scene, all I can
    say I like your latest batch of studies, and you should
    definitely keep your battle axe high, for the oncoming
    adventures.

[last update; 21st June 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Hey man remember me? its been awhile, anyways im dropping by after about a year of procrastination and youve really gotten better I can see the improvement its awesome, Im loving those sketches on the bus, I should do some of those too

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Members who have read this thread: 8