Captain
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Captain

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Captain

Did this one the other night, and I would have liked to spend more time on the feet amd calves, but I ran out of time.

Been drilling anatomy recently, and I'm feeling a little more confident with my studies.

Also, as of the 17th of December, I'll be off on vacation, so I won't be able to post updates or anything like that until the 20th of january next year.

Alright, here it is, critique the crap out of it!

P.S. can anyone explain to me how to assemble thumbnail views, in layman's terms? Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think your anatomy and costume is pretty good man. The next step will be adding more gesture to your figures which you shouldn't bother painting. Just draw them. Sketch gestures hundreds of times. But I know its fun to finish something.

I noticed the light was very dark and you pretty much had no light. Once you have painted it pretty flat and even the way you did, choose a direction for a light source. Darken the planes which will miss the light, and highlight the areas that will catch the light. If something is metal, put the strongest highlights on it. The stronger the light source, the easier it is, and the more dramatic it is. This is of course, my style only, so take or leave what you will.

I did this paint-over to show you what a nice dramatic light can do.

P.s. scroll down when posting and you will see manage attachments. Use this to add your image and it will make a thumbnail for you

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    artfix, your lighting is great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artfix - Holy crap that looks awesome! I agree with you on the lighting, and also the atmosphere and gesture. I'm trying to do a lot of gestural stuff at the moment, but I was mostly worried about anatomy in this one, so that's why I understated the lighting and gesture. But if you reckon my anatomy is passable, then I'll move on.

Thanks sincerely!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You bet. I like that you focus on one thing at a time. I try to do that too.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.