Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: NSFW Doin' Stuff, Look!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook! You have some nice stuff going on here. I find it a bit angular at times though , so maybe try loosening up a bit with some broader more sweeping strokes.

Oh, and the link you wanted:
    http://www.bestarmour.com/

Merry Christmas!
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Cool sketchbook, i really like this construction ethic in your drawings, very good observational skills also.

Maybe try painting more now? no other advice, really, stars from me.

Thanks
    Hi there! Congrats on your decision And good luck! Wish I had the balls to drop it all and pursue art.

And a crit: The most common issue I see in your drawings is that you don't give the nose enough space on your faces. Careful!
    SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 586 Posts
    The studies are looking great man, especially the planar heads! Cant wait to see all of it in some figure paintings!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidharth Chaturvedi For This Useful Post:

Koh

Thanks
    ryanoir Haha, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot man. I cracked open my Loomis PDF and got to studying. Going to do more today as well. Thanks for stopping by.

Justas Thanks a lot man. Color is not my forte, I really need to crack down and do some color studies.

LtPlissken Thank you sir. Hope you had a good one.

Halogen No Problem, your stuff is great. Thanks for dropping in!

Andrew Sonea You're Welcome. I think the angular feel comes from the way I've been formally taught over the past couple semesters. My professor teaches using what he calls 'Inflection Points' It's like the angles underneath a curve. Guess it transferred over to my sketches. Thanks for pointing it out!

Icecold Thanks a lot man, I really do need to start painting more now. I just need to get over immense fear of painting in Photoshop I suppose.

kiwigarbage Haha, thanks. I thought about it for a while before I decided to drop the job. But I think it'll pay off in the end. Thanks again for stopping by.

Sidharth Chaturvedi Sid, thanks a bunch man. I look forward to figure painting. Appreciate the comment.

Well Christmas is done and over. It's time to get to work. I took ryanoir's advice and started studying Loomis' Head and Hands. Included are some pre-Loomis study, imagination, trash. Some Loomis studies. A couple poop self portraits (I'll never finish a self portrait...) And an awful attempt at painting from imagination in PS. I'm the worst, someone help me? I wont promise anything but I should have another update tonight, I'm drawing all day. Until then, here it is..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts

You are right, Loomis is the law!
    Try to work with the brightness and contrast on your photographed drawings,
    can improve some visuals;
    Attachment 1129813
    I like this last digital guy, like his eyes.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    very nice work, planar heads and so on are good as some ppl said, i notice it too cos its something i really need to learn to do
    my crit would be to work more in larger sizes, i think your studies suffer from some slight small proportion problems and working in larger sizes might help bring these to light and thus get you working on them. i think it would be good if you could do more drawings of a similar size to those in post #3, or filling up an entire a4 page, imho. hope this helps

10. The Following User Says Thank You to aks9 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 748 Posts
    Your digital isn't as bad as you think. You just need to get used to colour in Photoshop. It is too desaturated for starters, and this makes him look sickly or dead. You also need to vary the hue more. His whole face is one colour, when in reality there are subtle shifts in colour--the forehead is typically slightly yellower than the rest of the face, and the nose/cheeks/ears are redder and more saturated while the jaw/chin has a faint greeny blue tint that is caused by stubble (even if they just shaved the translucency of skin shows the hair that is below the surface). Lastly try putting in some darker tones as right now the whole image is very light. I would darken his hair especially.
    Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    love the portraits, great sensitivity in light and colour. such a great feeling to them. great loomis studies, gosh i need to do some more hehe

Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 1,154 Posts
    YEAH THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!
    goooooood shit my friend! now moooore !!!

Thanks
    hey nice sketchbook you have going on, maybe i should join you in the loomis studies too! kinda gives me a short term goal
    my tumblr.

my sketchbook! <- sketchbook, drop me a critque!

Thanks
    You alot have of wonderful drawings here, exhaustive work ethic as well. I want to see more images like those portraits, really cool way of color use!

Lets see some more experimenting

Thanks
    LtPlissken Thanks man. I have to figure out how to make my scans look like 'not piles of shit'

aks9 Hey, thanks. I was actually thinking about studying in a larger scale today as well. Felt myself drawing smaller and smaller. Tomorrow is going to be a big study day. Will do some larger stuff then. Thanks for stopping by!

Andrew Sonea Thanks a lot man! That's the kind of information I'm looking for, very informative. What do you recommend for studying in Photoshop? I usually start a photo study, then lose motivation and then just draw garbage.

matty_mcmullen Haha, thanks man. You're stuff is incredible man, thanks for stopping by. Wish some of your digital skillz would rub off onto me. Until then I just have to practice my own self. Dammit.

ryanoir Yoooo mannng. Thanks, your recommendation was a good one. Just wish Loomis' Head and Hands wasn't a million pages long. I can study it for hours and only get like 10 pages in.

gen5 You definitely should! He's the best.

Doom-Breath Thanks for stopping by man. Appreciate the compliment.

Well I drew just about all day, started studying then just ended up drawing from imagination, mostly trash. Kinda made me realize I'm awful at drawing anything below the neck though. Going to work on figures tomorrow. And maybe a few Photoshop color studies. Until then.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jNeumann For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast