Sketchbook: Kiwi says... "Nice try, future boy." - Page 8
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi says... "Nice try, future boy."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Works from the start of my sketchbook class.

Experiments
    styles
    life drawing that I abstracted

dip pen, graphite, pastel pencil, colored pencil

It's a very squareular and white sketchbook, which is not my favorite, but gotta do what I gotta do! I think I might tea stain the whole thing...

Attached Images Attached Images      
    SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really love all your work so far! You've made some great progress and I especially like your sketches, they really have some character. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm really digging the abstract stuff kiwi. Keep up the good work and have fun at college

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice gestures! this is something i really need to get a grasp on, do you have any recommendations of sources to learn more about doing this?
    i like the abstract piece too

Last edited by aks9; January 16th, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: add subscribe notificiation woop ;)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first page in this thread is really worth something and it shows that you have
    some talent.

But girl, what happened? Sorry to say but those stars do not reflect your skill level. It seems that recently you are only here to post comments and you don't draw at all. That is unless you count those 10-seconds poses.

Thanks for stopping by my SB.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for dropping by my sb!
    your stuff is very good. the collage-esque things are interesting, more please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very cool updates man , sry i missed some of them , i like your gestures from life ,keep posting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, You seem to have a sort of abstractness with colors and lines. If honed it could be a very interesting and unique style indeed.

and also- why did you choose 'Kiwi-garbage' as a username? lol, I never saw the fact that your female. Silly me!

anyway, friend, have fun!

peace!

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey kiwi, great sketch book. Your control of light is great. There's a solid progression in your drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy MLK!

Opheliac: Thanks!

TacoMeat: Thanks, I will

aks9: Hm...I don't really know of sources. My best suggestion would be to experiment with approaches- tonal, line, scribbly, as few lines as possible, play with different media, try to capture the essentials in a given time span; 30 sec, 1 min etc. Everyone has a different way of seeing the world, so just explore!

Justyna: Thanks for your comment.

empyrean: Thanks! Which are you calling the collage-esque thing?

Sivonja: Thanks, I'll do my best!

poetry man: haha, that's okay. Kiwi's are cool, and my art is garbage! peace to you

Yuzikoi: Thank you

Okay, I had a bit of extra time to hash out a still life. I could work on this thing until my eyeballs fall out, but I have to move on with my life! I think I learned some decent stuff in the meantime.

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool gestures and i like your abstract ^^
    Good work on the last still life =D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fucking love your studies, they have some kinda of mood to all of them and your sketchbook pages,also the still lifes are great love the last one, i can see a smiley on it will look forward to more updates

Last edited by snatti; January 17th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess I must start subscribing you, Kiwi dude, not to miss the kickassing hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi there, sorry for missing your update. I don't have the time nowdays to visit CA so often. Anyway, your newest studie looks very nice. You could work on it a little more, and sharpen the edges for example but it's still ok. Only thing that bothers me is the shape of this pitcher, I have the feeling it's a little off. But still it's a good piece of work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kiwi,

nice rendering of subtle detail on this last study. I like the subtle shifts in color on the surface. To improve, you could fix the right side of top oval. Its just slightly off. Also, the reflection on the upper right of the sphere is giving an impression of flatness in that area. You might soften it up or just remove it altogether. Sometimes things we actually observe from life don't translate to a drawing or painting. But all in all, an improvement over the cup studies.
    Glad to hear you are liking your professors!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Wonderful still life. The reflections in it look great. The only thing I would say is to clean up some of the edges as they are a bit messy in areas or a bit soft in places where they can be harder.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ---still paint was wonderful & your light & shade things are great..... GOOD LUCK!

Here is my: S-K-E-T-C-H-B-O-O-K

/.....if there is someone from AUSTRALIA especially from SYDNEY on this site, then leave a msg for me, and I really want to meet with you & to making a friends-of course if you'd agree it...............please

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great job with this one Kiwi. This is definitely one of my favorite digitals from you. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I meant these:

They aren't actually collages, but they could be. You used many different materials, forms and stylistic expressions in them so they look like a piece put together from many things.

I hope that was understandable, haha.

Last edited by .empyrean.; January 18th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kiwi great job on the last still life. I can really feel how glossy the vase is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome sketchbook stuff, its very emotive! With your next digital one, I must say that it's really a step up from that cup I saw last. But there is some distortion on the bottom left part of it, looks like the ellipse either didn't quite line up, or that the line doesn't curve to match the other side. Maybe I'm just seeing the reflection in a silly way. In any case, keep it up, I'll be checking in more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo mister! you did great on that last still life
    Do more! And do all kinds of different materials.. glas,, filled glas. a brick.. food.. something chrome..etc etc

Keep up the hard work m8!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello all! Thanks for the support as always

Gof: Thanks friend!

snatti: Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to check out my stuff! And wow, I did not see that smiley until you said that, now I can't look away! hahaha

Justas: Wow, hey thanks friend!

Ramalooke: No problem! There's no pressure to always check in on me, though it's totally awesome of you I agree, there might be something a little off in the shape, and the edges are a bit unfinished. In the future I hope to find a way to define edges quickly and sharply...

Spivak000: Hey! You mean the ellipse of the mouth of the vase? Yeah, I think you're right, it's a bit wonky. And the area does look flat, though it's accurate to life. I thought the color reflection was interesting, but it does detract.

Andrew Sonea: Thank you! Yeah, the edges are a bit unfinished, I should be less afraid to commit!

Mag Neo: Thank you!

TacoMeat: Thanks! I'll do my best

.empyrean.: I thought that's what you meant I just had to clarify because some people call my gesture pages collages. I will try to do more of these, they're great for experimentation and learning new materials!

Marian Rowling: Thank you!

Nelka: Hey! I think you're right, I might have screwed up when I put in the thin shadow line at the base and exaggerated the shape...Thanks for the crit!

RBeek: Hi there, I'm a sister! And thanks, I will check out all kinds of different textures

My first attempt at a digital landscape, I tried to put too much information into it, and it ended up looking unfinished and confusing. And it's really hard to figure out accurate colors for constantly changing lighting, and on a luminous computer screen!

As with any study, there are valuable parts, and horrendous parts. Some bad perspective, bad colors, rough rough rough! But also some good colors, and a better way to lay down a painting.

See ya!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Coool beans! Love the experiments in here, I've always been drawn to those sketchbooks that don't just have pencils in them. It's a much bolder statement as an artist, I think, to throw down a bunch of different mediums and make them work. Your doing it well! Keep working those studies too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Was just looking at those abstracts.

I try not to be, but sometimes I'm pretty bias against abstract, yet for some reason I can't stop looking at yours. There's something really interesting about them, 'specialy the second.
    Nice to see some exploration there amongst the usual studies.

Speaking of studies, the top part of that last still life is looking good to me and that landscape is looking like it's off to a good start. Keep up the good work!

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello there mate,

Sorry my friend i was really busy with the ChoW and was refining my anatomy knowledge. i saw your last update but i waited till im free and relaxed to reply.

Haha You're simultaneously cruel and kind, you make me smile And thanks for the link! I'll try to apply that to my work
    Hey i dint mean to sound cruel. i was just pretending, so you'd update

Well i hope you're having a fun time studying. I dont know anything much about traditional media mate (hell i dont know anything much about arts either, yet ) but its always good to see someone's work done in traditional media. #222 Life study looks super cool. I see you have signed there probably because you are totally satisfied too. way to go!

i wish i could say something much more useful here mate but your work is way out of my league. However,when you do work from you imagination i can easily fuel you up till you say enough enough!. Hope you understand.

about the last update; Aren't you supposed to lay down the values in grayscale first? (its explained in those videos i gave you)its not that bad anyways. learning painting takes time and loads of patience so just hang in there.

and hey, if i miss more than two updates send me a PM will you ?( you are welcome to attach an angry Mel Gibson pic if you wish to ) i dont like the email subscription anyway.

Lets see more stuff and dont forget to do some work from your imagination.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,458 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Kiwi, jeez I love your figure studies from life. Real class, loose lines but rock solid proportions, lovely faces and hands. Youre doing exactly what I want to be doing. One day!... Thankyou very much for commenting so I could click through and enjoy those sketches

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1292095124

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1295196326

http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1295196392

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; January 19th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those gesture studies look great, I've never been able to capture form so well without going back to fix lines, or leave things loose, i need to learn from you!

That digital still looks great, def improvement from your works even just pages before it.

However on the last enviro, landscape (whatev u wanna call it) I think you could benefit from breaking parts of it into layers, i'm not quite sure if you're going for a realistic approach or if you'd like to leave it in a more abstract, painted style, but cleaning up some of those lines with a hard edge brush would really make parts (i.e the railing stand) pop, but take my advice with a grain of salt, i dont ultimately know what you'd like to accomplish

oh and those collages are looking good, they have a focal point, unlike some of the ones i've posted haha

keep posting, and let's see some more imagination as some here has said, you must have some wicked things goin on in that head!

...the imperfections make it interesting...

[sketchbook] [deviantart]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 491 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really enjoy the studies you have done.

Keep up the good work.

http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1294358537

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2