Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi says... "Nice try, future boy."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Good luck on your camping trip.
    Looking forward to see something new from you.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya, thanks for posting on my sketchbook.

I can't exactly critique you! But I really like your faces, especially those little charcoal ones on the previous page...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I like the self portrait (although I was shocked to see you are a girl--for some reason I was sure you were a guy).

I wanna see more digital paints from you! I see you complaining of being really beginner in it, but the only way to get better is to do it.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for posting on my sketchbook ^^,
    I like your sketches, I like the features in your selfportrait, but i think the space between the nose and the chin is a little higher than it should be.
    that's it, have a nice trip ^^

Aila is offline More Imagination than Skill Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigarbage View Post

Aila: Thanks for checking out my sketchbook! That's awesome of you i'll try out the cube perspective technique when I get a chance, thanks for suggesting it
    You are most welcome!
    The self portrait is looking good. I might have suggested a little subtle shading in the face, (like cheeks, more under the eyes) as you hinted at it in the eyes, nose and lips aswell. But nonetheless, it looks like a good sketch to me.
    Happy New Year!

Insanity is the key!
    Also, studies are a key. And passion is a key. Also, so are inspiration, motivation and dedication. Talent can be a key. Insomnia can also be a key, depression is a sad rusty little key. Damn, artists need one hell of a keyring.

Current Sketchbook

My little webspace

My Old CA Sketchbook

My57 is offline I will live forever or DIE TRYING! Level 11 Gladiator: Essedarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol pretty good for a marker that's drying out. Just watch for proportion next time - I actually really like how you did the eyes

My observational skills may be great but i said nothing about my drawing skills

My Blog/Tumblr

My Sketchbook - College Years

My Sketchbook - High School

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please comment on my deviant art I need friends T-T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BUY MY SHIRTS PLEASE - They're awesome.

monstertree is offline They look so good that's why I keep 'em in the front Level 7 Gladiator: Samnite
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really good improvement in the latest batch - minor crit, watch your construction with the faces, a couple are a little wonky. Keep up the great work!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,320 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the feedback at my sketchbook! ill think of something to critique later on, im in a busy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, really great updates! nothing to critique..just keep up the hard work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hooray! More comments, and a fifth page! I'm so excited.

pixel cheetah: Hey there, thank you for your visit as well Try as I might, I cannot figure out what the word "pathcy" is meant to mean. Though I do agree that the fashion studies could benefit from a more coherent approach. They're a bit all over the place. Thanks!

devastacio: Thanks! Her knee is a bit bothersome. I have a lot of trouble with bent legs. More studies are in order! I had a great New Year, did you drink your fill too?

Pervy: You learned something? Do tell! They say that the best way to learn is to study your peers. I will do my best to keep stirring the pot.

Spivak000: I'm not sure what you mean by "throw in more anatomy over the different forms", do you mean you want to see more construction lines? Sorry, maybe I'm not reading the sentence correctly I do agree that perspective plays a surprisingly important role with the figure! I'll have to work on this, it's apparent that I don't have a great grasp of it when I struggle to represent foreshortening. And as for my lips, I get that a lot haha!

LtPlissken: Thanks, hope you had a great holiday!

Lewis D: The charcoal ones eh? I'll have to do more. Maybe next time you stop by you'll see something you want to tweak I'll await your critique!

Andrew Sonea: You thought I was a guy? Haha! It must be the manly way in which I draw And you are so right, more digital is in order!

Gof: Hm, I think you're right. I was drawing my face from the little vanity mirror in my car, I think I may have exaggerated the perspective

Aila: That's true, since I started shading the features, it seems a bit unfinished to leave the rest of the face untouched. I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the crit!

My57: Yeah, the danged proportion. GAH. Thanks for calling me out! And thanks about the eyes, I was trying to find a compromise between a stylized ink and something of realism.

monstertree: Always the wonky faces. Just means I gotta draw more! Thanks for the crit :nod:

Parsakoira: No prob, and no kidding. You're always updating your effing sketchbook. I'll await your return

Lang Oulk: Thanks for dropping by! I hope next time you can find something you can crit

Turns out I had a little bit of an opportunity for some sketching over my trip. Nothing so awesome that I'm jumping for joy, but another reminder that life does not sit still for you. I sketched most of these in about 10 seconds or less. And the proportions show it. Oh and, as for the car, what an embarrassment! A rather sad attempt at perspective. I shouldn't jump into something quite as complex as a gently tapered box-type thing just yet with so many angles. Oh well, it was good practice.

Everything is in Staedtler technical pen

Attached Images Attached Images          
    SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Oh dear, now I am much too big!" cried poor Alice.

Any crits on this at its baby stages would be super helpful! (I am attempting to do some digital stuff now...Behold the lameness!)

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Revisions revisions....

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the pigeon toe legs. I would consider having the arms/hands press more on the ceiling, and maybe ref a more surprised expression for dramatic effect.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,687 Times in 2,424 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Dear Kiwi, I see that you are continuing to conquer the
    dark shadowed lands of Erathia, and that you are turning
    the gloomy mangled paths to a beautiful sunny roads.

Your vigorous everlasting warrior soul has put you
    up to a mission that you should draw even on your
    camping trip, so that is the way you did. You showed once
    more to the world that you are a fearless vigilant drawing
    assassin, who never rest.

Me, myself and I are all admiring to your courage and
    to your beautiful drawings. Say hello to sexy Alice.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    klortho: Is this a little better? She looks a bit befuddled, maybe not surprised enough?

LtPlissken: Alice, meet Plissken. He thinks you're sexy. He also thinks that I am a fearless drawing assassin, which was meant to be a secret. I wonder what he thinks of you now that you have color? We shall see. He should know that I always appreciate every wonderful comment he takes the time to leave on my humble sketchbook.

Here is a color splotch!

Tada!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigarbage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 918 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome updates keep it up! ill be looking out for those updates always enjoyed the Alice in wonderland tales
    happy new year
    -Jamie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

HEY!

Great job on the sketchbook so farrrrr!!!! YOur gesture drawings throughout your sketchbook is something i can learn from. I need to just scribble more and work from the inside out lol. Sometimes i get to conrtoled like a perfectionist or something. Afraid to let go as some would say. Keep the posts coming!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Such a wonderfull sketchbook =)
    Your Alice is hot! (Sorry I have a weakness for sweet girls *blush*)
    Maybe her upperbody and head are a litte to small, while the arms are nearly ok. It looks like the headand upper body are far more behind the arms and so on. If you just (it's digital!! yay) scale it a bit bigger then you even get a slight more dramatic efect like klortho said. Cause the space will be even smaller =).

Have fun!

I can do so little in so much time!

.)~ Sketchbook ~(o | Deviantart | Pixiv | dreamanime.de

You feel frustrated and don't know where to turn this frustration on? No problem here is your salvation!
    Just critique me in my critique thread and let it all out, please *bow*!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there,

Now you're into some serious work in this New year eh? Awesome!

Oh dear, now I am much too big!" cried poor Alice.
    and i was wondering...."who the fish is Alice?" lol just kidding mate. I love it. Nice facial expression. face is kinda cute. interesting pose! :p Hair looks great but i would like to see more curvy hair stands.but its a minor thing. Her arms n legs; be more gentle on those. i would like to see more smooth curves as it adds to the feminine side. every straight line you draw adds to the masculine quality. so watch it. the perspective of the left arm and the hand looks odd to me. i thinks its because it isnt shaded yet.

The colored 'Alice' looks really cool. hoping to see it finished. i like the skin tones and the cool colors on her cloths. its great because her face and her hair gets the first attention due to the color temperature. Then the user notices her expression. nice thinking!

great job overall. will visit later to see the progress.

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alice in wonder land the best story

i like this shape looks great

keep it up my friend

Qlotzan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spivak000: I'm not sure what you mean by "throw in more anatomy over the different forms", do you mean you want to see more construction lines? Sorry, maybe I'm not reading the sentence correctly"

Hey Kiwi,
    Sorry for not explaining myself better. I drew up an example to illustrate. So you could do a really loose gesture of a figure, put it aside, and then come back to it later and add little bits of structure to clarify the forms more. I'll sometimes do this with one of my artist anatomy books as reference. Its a way of seeing the different parts of the body better in 3 dimensional space. Now of course, any final art you do doesn't have to have these things if a more simplistic form is the goal. Here is a quickie and I am by NO MEANS an expert at this:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love these sketches of yours.. so free!

...a perpetual plan for discovery days,where everyone can take part in "purposeless play".
    My Sketch 'em up book!!
    My Blog/portfolio site- purposelessplay.com/blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, it's Alice and a small door net to her. First i didn't understand it was a house , it looked to me like ropes.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone! As always, thank you all sooooo much for taking the time to comment here! I try to return the favor every time It keeps me motivated and excited about art. That's what this is all about right? I hope I leave valuable comments for you guys too, it's a give and take -a friendship!

OmertA: Thanks! I love them too, it's so wonderful that Carrol did his own illustrations in the beginning

Joe777k7: HOWDY! Aw thanks so much! It took a lot of heckling from a beloved professor before I started letting go. Once I did, my drawing really started to kick off! I think I need to do some more careful stuff though, maybe I'm getting a little too loose

Klaus Reinbach III: Thank you! Haha, I was surprised when people thought she was sexy and hot, but then, she is Alice I thought the girl from the newest movie was pretty cute too, strangely plain but beautiful. I was trying to draw her in perspective a bit, maybe I didn't quite exaggerate enough! And you're right, the arms are almost there. Too big I think. Hooray for the lasso tool!

devastacio: Hee hee, you and your feminine ladies. Some of us are more muscular than others you know Though you're right, she's a bit young to have some of those angles. The hand is odd I've been in a bad habit of breezing over hands lately in the hopes that people won't notice how crappy they are! Obviously I've gotta face my fears. Thanks for callin' me out!

qlotzan:

Spivak000: Ohhh! I see now! That's actually a great idea And with the advent of digital technology, I can just use one of my crazy sketches in ps and not ruin it. hrmmm....I foresee some wonderful things to come from this suggestion. And thanks for showing me examples! I'm off to try this now...

silvestri99: Thank you!

catukas: really? is it because the corner lines are too big? Maybe I need more "housey" things like windows and shelves.

And a strictly 20 min warmup from this morning. Does anyone have an astigmatism? I've been struggling sooo hard to see straight lines, and I can swear that things stretch and warp as I look at them. I almost have to pretend my way to an accurate-looking sketch because I see things weird. Does anyone else have this problem?

I still suck at digital. Had to start over like...a lot. But here it is!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love your sketchies and alice is lookin good. Try to use biiiig brushes when working digitally! just throw in the big forms and blend Also the perspective on the cup seems a bit odd, i think its the lower part that is a bit off.
    Keep up the good work! you're improving loads

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! You're sketchbook is so lively, a fun place to be! Like someone said before, you sketches have a really "free" feeling to them. Keep drawing and improving! Oh, and work on Alice a bit more, I like it! Good luck!

"Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city."
    Sketchbook】【Blog】【Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kiwi,

As someone mentioned the base of the cup might be a little bit off. It should be a rounder oval than at the top. The scratchy effect is neat. You might throw in a changeup and do one area with slower more orderly lines and another in the quicker looser style. See if they can work together.

As far as seeing things in an odd manner, I think its safe to say that we all have our achilles heel when it comes to artmaking. For myself, my proportions and values are often off.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Vodus: Thank you! Biiiiig brushes....I will do that! funky perspective as usual >_< practice practice practice! And thanks! It's so heart warming to hear that I am improving

whisper_wm: Glad you enjoy it! I'll put some more work into Alice today, I'm happy she's getting some positive reviews! I need to get over my tendency to abandon stuff before it's finished...

Spivak000: Ah! It is the base. I couldn't figure out where the weirdness was. Thanks for that! I think I exaggerated the perspective a bit, and shrunk the bottom. I'd like to try the style of line you suggested as well, I don't think the looseness is quite there in this piece. We'll practice together! And overcome our horrid Achilles heel!

Just some fun with the DSG topic: HUGE DOME-LIKE ROBOT IS JUST VISIBLE THROUGH THE FALLING SNOW

maybe too much whiteness.

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And another super quick DSG...

SLUG DRAGON! The very dangerous and ferocious second cousin to Trogdor!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

31. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigarbage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe those DSG's were just a little too silly.

Here's some more Alice!

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2