Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: JackF's Sketchbook ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

JackF's Sketchbook ~

Hey ConceptArt ~

Before I begin,
    I started a sketchbook last year but only carried it on for a week (on a seperate account), because I lost determination in what I wanted, and many other reasons. That was last september ~

I just guess I wasn't ready for the amount of dedication, but I'll put much more of an effort (I meen, actually keep this sketchbook alive with frequent updates)

ok so ..

Hey ConceptArt,

My names Jack and one I would love to be a concept artist or something to that variety when i'm older, but I know I have to put the work into it.

I'm 16 years old and i'm currently in my first year of College (I come from England so im studying A Levels) ~

I welcome any criticism to help me improve, .. thats about it >3< .

I wasn't sure how to start off a sketchbook, so I drew a few things from life, reference, studies etc. To set me off to know where to improve :
    Page 1 One of Melanie Delon's digital paintings which I referenced from
    Page 2 Self-Portrait w/ Mirror. (annoying as the mirrors we have in this house are too big to bring somewhere comfy to draw so I had to stand >_>)
    Page 3 Bridgeman Neck Studies, Im planning on studying the head first so i'll be starting with the neck, overall head, then individual features.
    Page 4 Random Figure Drawing and bottom two are things from mind, they should be wearing wierd bear-like hats ;/
    Page 5 Life Drawings

Scanning has lost some of the drawings sketching lines D; ~ Apologies.

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did some sketches this morning ~

Annoying as hell to draw from life, because my little brother likes to annoy me so he kept moving every 10 seconds >3< (on perpous and constantly)
    I haven't done many life drawings of people, the only ones I have done are two self-portraits of myself so im please with the outcome I guess ^ ^ ~

First Page Drawing of my brother from life, about 10 minutes
    Second Page Bridgeman Neck Studies
    Third Page Photo Referenced Studies of necks, should have done more because I feel I didnt do enough to memorise different angles, so ill do more possibly tomorrow ~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It sure is lonely in here .. D;

Does anyone know how to fix scanning issue ? As in, whenever I scan something in, even if my lines are pitch black dark they seem faded ? ~

anyway, some mind stuff, (They're in the middle of the page)
    I realised after drawing two faces ... that I only know how to draw from one angle ... and male, oh dear. ;/

So I did some quick posemaniacs just to ... yeah.

Was just wanting to see what I could do from mind at the moment.. seems not alot, and not so good ..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice anatomy study do more practice using many subjects to improve your-self

keep it up

Qlotzan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello there, mate. I see you are starting by doing anatomy studies, thats good. Keep posting does studies.

I like the first image in 1# post

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Qlotzan ahhh thankyou ^ ^ ~ I'll ofcourse keep it up ;D ~ by more subjects do you meen more people from life ect. ? ~

Ramalooke I will do, thankyou ! ^ ^ ~

Does anyone know any more artists I can study anatomy from ? ~

And sorry I couldn't upload today, was busy with coursework, so i'll either upload tomorrow or later tonight ^ ^

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not much I did today, but atleast its something ~

First Page Some Still Life's from life ~ my still lifes lack in creativity, haha.

Second Page Some heads, well, two >_>, only took me 30 minutes so I should have done more, but ima do some bridgeman heads tomorrow ~
    Referenced from some Deviantart person who has stock images of different costumes / poses etc. really useful ~

Third Page Something i'm doing in Fine Art, only just started it but yeah, a focus point of disfiguration, using Melanie Delons digital painting as part of inspiration etc. ~
    First drawing will be finished in pencil, will do the other in ink and bleach ~

I'd post more of my fine art work but I dont want to publish it all on the internet since its for my coursework ~ otherwise i'd be uploading plenty XD ~

Oh and im editing the drawings on photobucket when im scanning in to make the pencil lines brighter and closer to what they are irl, but it makes the page slightly darker too >_>,

when photoshop stops crashing I can do it more easily in there ~

I waffle too much,

I live in Northolt in Central London when I'm not at uni! :D
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great drawings! Would recommend you do them a bit bigger but apart from that they're amazing

Thanks
    Thanked 2,690 Times in 2,426 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Yo Jack.
    Good that you started things again.
    Post some bunch of studies and something from
    your imagination, and we will discuss your strategy.

[last update; 28th March 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    ...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ladyknowles aha thankyou ^ ^ Yeah, I always have an issue with size ... my drawing size .. ~ XD My Art Teacher in college says hes going to have a nervous breakdown because my drawings dont normally exceed A4 size XD ~

LtPlissken ahh thanks for visiting ^ ^
    Yeah, though I chose a bad time, in the middle of college and exams soon so my updates will probably only be once or twice a week now ~
    But thanks for the advice ^ ^ When I have free time from coursework and revision i'll try do some head studies from imagination, ~

What I said above pretty much sums my situation up, I have done alot in my absence of updating this sketchbook but I haven't had the time to scan,
    My A levels are in less than a month so im revising for that and coursework deadlines are soon ~

But here's another Self-Portrait ~

oh, my mechanical pencil has broken so I had to resort to a blunt pencil XD ~ The only sharpener I have in the house is a harry potter one which breaks lead everytime I sharpen >3<

EDIT: GAH >3<, scanning ruins everything XD ~

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.