IGD News
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: IGD News

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

IGD News

Hey All,

Would like to do an announcement and a request here.

Am launching a new downloadable PDF/snail-mail newsletter, “IGD News” for the independent game community. IGD News, will start as an eight page downloadable PDF with guest editorials, game reviews, articles, as well as showcasing the talent of the community. For a complete overview of the newsletter, please visit our "in-progress" webpage at www.igdnews.com

Now the request…

Each month, IGD News will feature cover art from community, meaning you. Anyway would appreciate your submissions for IGD News cover art. Your first question is probably deals with whether you will get paid. As I have no revenue coming in, I will start out with an honorarium of $25 per cover. Hopefully I can increase this in the future.

Over at IGD News you will find a link for submitting a link for your your artwork.

General Guidelines
    1. Please only submit a single piece of arwork.
    2. The image should be convertable by you to PDF in the near future if selected.
    3. Submissions will close March 31, 2004, midnight.
    4. The image should be 8"x10.5"
    5. Anything goes from this site, all your work is great.
    6. Please do not submit artwork already used in other publications, etc. Just something from your existing portfolio.
    7. As this is a publication for independent game developers and enthusiasts, I will probably lean towards someone who is not yet in the industry as a selection.
    8. If you have questions, contact me at editor@igdnews.com and I will respond here.
    9. Color is preferred to B&W.

Also if you have any suggestions or comments regarding IGD News content, you may contact me directly.

Thanks,
    John Thrower
    editor@igdnews.com
    IGD News

Last edited by MojoHammer; March 17th, 2004 at 05:36 PM.
    www.igdnews.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok,

Without a single response, I will up the ante. Submit some artwork you like at IGD News as well as a price you would like to be paid and I will select the best based upon price/concept.

Also, am in need of monthly cartoon/comic. Pay will be what is requested by the artist. Topic of work does not have to be computer/games either. Have had no luck finding a suitable forum to post the cartoon/comic request.

Thanks,
    Mojo
    editor@igdnews.com

www.igdnews.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure there are some peeps here who would love the extra exposure.
    With your deadline approaching have you had any submissions yet?

Good luck to you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think I have receieved about 10 to 15 responses now. I have since posted on a few other similar sites. I would like to build up a backlog of artists for future issues and am trying to respond to all inquiries. If I don't hit you back up by the 31st. Give me a reminder. I have on my to do list an editorial page that will list intended future cover artists.

Thanks,
    Mojo

www.igdnews.com

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.