Atelier Stockholm. Wow.
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Atelier Stockholm. Wow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Atelier Stockholm. Wow.

Wow. Just look at this gallery and make sure you click on the images to see the "Before Training" and see the contrast.

http://www.atelierstockholm.se/index.asp?page=gallery

I never seen anything like this before. Is this type of improvement something that happens in art college as well?

I am not going to apply or anything, I was just so shocked with the results.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 746 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    They are fairly impressive, but if anyone draws for all day everyday for three years there will be massive improvements, especially with some good guidance from teachers. So I think yes it would be possible to improve that much while going to art college, but mostly it is how much you draw. I think programs like ateliers have are very application based and have you drawing much more, so the improvement is more likely to happen than at any old art college. If you draw lots more than they assign and have you do at college though I don't see any reason why the same improvements can't occur.

Website
    Sketchbook
    Blog

"Complacency is the womb of mediocrity. " -- Jason Manley

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." -- Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While it's certainty impressive, keep in mind they're comparing pieces they spent minutes to hours on to pieces they spent days to weeks on. Very few non-atelier art schools spend as long on a single piece, so you're not going to get as impressive a before and after image. Also, most art schools spend time on things like liberal arts, which are arguably vital to an artist but aren't going to have an obvious effect on one image.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I attend an art school currently, and my advice would be never to rely on a program for improvement. In my own case, by connecting to knowledgeable individuals both within and without my school, and by drawing and painting outside of class and over holiday/summer breaks, i have seen some really good improvement, despite the loosely structured nature of my school's program. Its ultimately up to you to set your own goals, diagnose your own problems, and pursue greater understanding. atelier, art school, academy...in actuality learning is simply a matter of finding people with knowledge to catalyze the process and hard work. You will always be your own teacher.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I went to an art school for a short bit (my own damn fault) that focused more on modernist and post modernist expression than it did on technical skills. We did some still life sittings, but they were far and few between. And a four year program to not even offer figure drawing? Madness. Get a sense of how the school you're interested in defines their "art" before making a decision.

MY SKETCHBOOK IS AWESOME
    karmiclychee.net

EAT EARTH, DIG DEEP, DRINK WATER, GO TO SLEEP, YOU SHOULD NOT BE WAKING.
    Peepul: Tulokyn :: Nakhon :: Deadlyhazard :: raminafshafari
    :: Mr. Magic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i think its more of technique. but of course it takes effort to improve as well. so its a little bit of both.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.