Hey there traveler, you've wandered into my little sketchbook, I'm going to be throwing my little random sketchy doodles here hopefully daily but that might be a little optimistic. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to leave a comment
Last edited by RobStrachan; February 12th, 2012 at 10:28 AM.
A selection of life drawing mostly done from the Drawn Brighton classes and events, If your ever in Brighton do check it out they're by far the best and most sociable classes I've ever been to http://www.draw-brighton.co.uk/
A few Artist Studies (don't have the artists names and piece titles to hand but will be sure to add them)
Hey there! Your life drawings are really great. You have such a lovely use of line. It's really impressive. You've managed to keep the line looking quite tight whilst the drawing remains loose. Really impressive
My favourite is the third one from June 26th. What's that from? Life drawing or master study maybe?
awesome stuff here in your sketchbook... crazy life drawings and my favourite is the guy with the glasses and the sword could be a guy from Samurai Champloo or Afro Samurai
I wanna see more of your life drawings and especially MORE cheesy stuff ^.^b
I love your figures, especially your faces.
Though try to pay more attention to the proportions. Your limbs tend to get quite short and thin. What really helped me with that was doing bunch of quick little poses to really burn those proportions in my head so you can always eyeball it easily.
And your CHOW entry looks very promising, can't wait to see finished piece.
Well between work and the flu I wasn't able to do get my CHOW-359 done anywhere near in time, but I'm gunna get it finished never the less. So here's my colour progress on it. Kind of stuck or just need to work out a few areas:
- The structure of the glider, at the moment it's just a walnut jammed into a ladybird shell, which isn't much of anything.
- Turn the Walnuts back into leaves... I have no idea why I thought a walnut glider was a good idea.
- Work out the patterning of the shirt, need to do some research and get a better grip of some patterning in general.
- Sort out that stupid sharp curl back at the end of the shirt
- FIX the sleeves, right now they don't have any kind of intelligible form as a part of the shirt. Think I'll try and go back to a wider open cuff closer to the original sketch.
- Work on the hands cos their just characterless poo at the moment.
- Then do... something on the face, not entirely sure what needs fixing kinda feel like it's the eyes.
Last edited by RobStrachan; August 28th, 2014 at 05:47 PM.