Sketchbook: An overture - Page 6
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: An overture

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

getting old

@Blackspot: Hey, Thank you so much for stopping by again! You are right, planes help me alot and I can already spot a few of them thanks to Sir Asaro resting on my speakers- it is troubling me when I don't notice not noticing planes, but I find it even worse when I know there are planes but I cannot see them (which was the case with both the acrylic portraits). I don't find you too brutal- if anything, it helps! I would have not looked at my toilet sketch again had you not said it was awful. A mere "it's not so good" would have not have the same effect- so, thank you again!

____
    L'UPDATE
    A little update from the last days; I really enjoy painting an hope to do more of it in the future. I will probbaly read Light/Color again and try some colour palette exercises, I am quite lacking on that front. I am also looking into a lifedrawing course that would give me 6 sessions with a model- but I am yet to get more information on that. Budget is tight; and if it weren't for my birthday next week I wouldn't be able to afford it at all, so that's a positive thing!
    I really struggle with the human body, mostly in the waist area, hips and also legs/feet depending on the angle. I tried drawing myself in the mirror, but its all up-front and doesn't really teach me more than a book could. I also don't understand foreshortening.. gosh, so much stuff to tackle and the new work starts next week!

Anyway, for dyslexics and those that are bored by my personal backstories, here is the stuff:

GuildWars2 Asura rubbish:
    Name:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  58.2 KB

Asura: They are tiny and I wanted to see how big they are. Turns out they're 4 times their own head; which is a little smaller than a human head.
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  53.4 KB

That's me
    Name:  IMG.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  73.6 KB

Asura Head sketch
    Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Size:  78.7 KB

...and in acrylics
    Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Size:  83.2 KB

And still life in acrylics (onion&apple)
    Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  134.3 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

balls have been grown

from life! today! went to the local Costa this morning.
    I upload the images in order they were drawn, to see how crappy the first one was- I felt so awful, stalking these people like that- I didn't dare looking properly. Hence the table float around like a flying disk..

The further away they were, the more comfortable I felt.

Attached Images Attached Images            

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Lord Louis, thanks for stopping by my sketchbook.

Your progress is amazing and your sketchbook puts me a lot in mind of Jason Rainville's. Looking through that guy's stuff and following his journey was an inspiration and a pleasure, the same as it has been with yours. Keep doing what you're doing and never stop working - I don't want to see anymore hiccups like the one you had at the end of last year!

I'm subscribing, so I'll notice.

I love those coffee shop sketches. Really free and loose, and you've caught the attitudes and poses of the people wonderfully. I'd love to see more of those. I also really like your acrylics work, especially the colours and brushstrokes in the life study at the top of page 5. It's a shame that class turned out to be a disappointment and waste of money, but I guess that'll happen. Good luck with future classes and here's hoping you find one thats worth the money. I've been looking around in my area but there's nothing at all. And no coffee shops for miles so I'm stuck working in the mirror - though, I totally get what you mean about mirror work being another version of a flat surface because it's only a reflection we're looking at, not the real thing in real space.

Really liked your mirror study though - it's given me ideas about doing myself in full rather than bits and pieces of feet and hands etc.

Okay, I'll shut up now.

P.S. If you're looking for a book that gives some detailed how-to info on colour mixing and theory, try this one - Kevin Machperson's Fill Your Paintings With Light and Colour. It deals with oils and is mostly about landscape painting, but the methods can easily be translated to acrylics and any subject matter. I'm about halfway through it and absolutely loving it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I want to see your stuff from the last few weeks as you're improving. Nice still life, but why stop at 50 minutes? An apple and an onion will last a week, unless needed for eating. Push it.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

up..da..te...?

Huh... I'll give my update a go, then. I'll save copy in word just in case. Took me a while to get the scans sorted. Hopefully the thanks system will find its way back soon.

@CandraH: The forums were down but as I'm subscribed I was able to read your reply via email and it was so encouraging, the nicest response I have had so far, definitely. Especially since you mention Jason! I have actually got his sb in my bookmarks bar and I visit it regularly when I feel too complacent or indeed wonder why I am doing this. I hope that you get to find your drawing spots, painting outdoors seems to be possible where you live; that's good. My next drawing class starts tomorrow. It runs for only 6 weeks and is drawing only (as opposed to painting) but it's the life model I am really after.
    Thank you so much again- it's quite a while since you wrote but it was heart-warming!

@BlackSpot: I honestly didn't know how to proceed any further. I had tried to refine the onion and its lines, but ended up screwing around and just re-painted bits rather than improving. Tell me where you think I should push if you see it- I cannot. And that's my super-effective excuse at the moment to let my paints rot *blush in shame*

I will try to attach the stuff more or less chronologically. 90% is from life (outdoors + mirror for portraits). The stuff that isn't, well, it's obvious.
    Feeling very disoriented at the moment. At first I was really hysterical about going outside and draw people, but after 5 times it becomes really boring to draw people in a cafe all the time. The gestures repeat a lot, and I try to find new places for variety so that the fun comes back. However, at the same time I struggle to draw the same person twice without them looking very much not alike- extremely frustrating. Lala~

First batch: 31st AugustName:  IMG.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  120.5 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  83.8 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  84.3 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Size:  86.4 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Size:  74.4 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  62.8 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Size:  66.8 KB

Second one: 3rd of September
    Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  84.2 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  75.4 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  97.8 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  82.6 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  97.7 KBName:  IMG.jpg
Size:  86.5 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Size:  157.3 KB

Third one: 4th of September. Yep I sat alone in a cafe on my birthday.
    Name:  IMGg1.jpg
Size:  68.1 KBName:  IMGg.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  82.7 KBName:  IMGg2.jpg
Size:  91.3 KB

ok I'll leave it here before anything goes wrong. More to follow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

same update still

continuing

09 09 12
Size:  83.6 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  91.5 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  74.4 KBName:  IMG_0006.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  87.9 KBName:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  83.4 KBName:  IMG_0008.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  82.8 KBName:  IMG_0009.jpg
Size:  82.8 KBName:  IMG_0010.jpg
Size:  67.7 KB

10 09 12
    Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Size:  81.1 KBName:  IMG_0011.jpg
Size:  77.7 KBName:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  89.4 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  63.7 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  72.6 KBName:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  71.8 KB

Aaaand everything since then. Wasn't very artistic. Loads of work. Quite depressing really, from next month till December at least, I'll have virtually no time for art. Will see how that goes..
    Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Size:  71.6 KBName:  IMG_0015.jpg
Size:  82.9 KBName:  IMG_0016.jpg
Size:  56.3 KBName:  IMG_0017.jpg
Size:  80.1 KBName:  IMG_0018.jpg
Size:  77.3 KBName:  IMG_0019.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  78.8 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

continued

Maximum attachments allowed 20, 2 more left:
    Name:  IMG_0020.jpg
Size:  89.9 KBName:  scottishalienarcher.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  40.0 KB

done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

still life

I spent roughly 90 minutes on this one, and I thought I'd add my steps so you can see what I meant with that I just repaint parts, clueless of how to achieve the colour. I spend a lot of time trying to get the copper look right, as well as the beige-white paper, and it just ends up being a mud fest. I don't consider it finished though. If I can manage to set the scene up again tomorrow, I'd give it a fresh go.
    Name:  DSC_0036.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  64.6 KBName:  DSC_0037.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  97.0 KBName:  DSC_0038.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  99.7 KBName:  DSC_0039.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  80.7 KBName:  DSC_0040.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  69.1 KBName:  DSC_0041.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  79.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wonderful still life! I like the highlights.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ludic For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is online now Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    They're too pale and insipid. Define the shadows with a thin wash and build up from there. You're painting a 3d shape. Form first, detail second. Same with the pot. Look at the overall shape first, where the shadows are that define the form. Acrylics dry fast, so wait (or use a hair-dryer) then over paint. Mud happens when you get impatient. Make a sandwich or run round the block.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Black Spot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mwahaha, a blackspot whipping just how I like it
    Spot on, I get impatient very quickly. I'll give the pot another go tomorrow. I won't be able to recreate the folds, but the money is certainly still at the same place.
    Thank you!

@Ludic: Thank you so much! I hope I'll improve eventually.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey LordLoius, I'm glad my comments helped a little and encouraged you. Sometimes a little bit of positive support in the right place goes a long way.

I love those sketches from life you've been doing and think, to push yourself to the next level with them so you don't lose interest, is to maybe concentrate more now on the light. Scribble out a rough outline then focus on getting the shadows and mid tones down and let the form appear on its own. It might be a fun challenge.

I'll also second what Black Spot said about getting the shadow tones down first in your acrylic studies. I'm learning that when it comes to painting from life, it's all about getting the right colour mixes for shadow tones and lights, and getting them in the right places. Also, don't worry so much about getting outlines right or drawing things. Try blocking the big shapes in with paint and see how that goes. And, maybe practice with something a bit easier next time...

Great stuff in general. Good luck with everything and keep going! You're doing great.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Candra H For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your still lifes!! And your figure drawings (those many sketches which seem to tookyou a few seconds) are AWSOME!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MOB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gawd!! you have been busy! I feel even more like a slacker now .... (thanks for that!)

you are coming on in leaps and bounds mate good one and if Mrs Spot is taking the time to kick your ass then there is definately hope for you, no denying it matey you are getting good.

Ok thats enough sunshine blown at you get some more posted LOL..

all the best and thanks for the SB visit

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update

Alright, alright, update.
    CandraH: Yeah you're right, it was too difficult. I tried to set it up again but I found it much more difficult to set up than I had previously thought :/ I just leave it as it is. Maybe I can tackle the same object again at a later stage of skill.
    Good points about the drawing from life- I haven't been outside again yet, bad weather- but yeah, I'll take that on board.
    MOB: Thank you so much! Glad to hear encouraging comments
    Lightship: Here's my update, happy? I don't see the improvement to be honest. I mean I find certain things easier, but when I was at the Life Drawing course last week, I felt I hadn't learnt anything at all!

Life Model
    Name:  DSC_0043.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  59.5 KBName:  DSC_0045.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  32.5 KBName:  DSC_0046.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  40.9 KBName:  DSC_0047.jpg
Size:  46.2 KB

Painting
    Name:  DSC_0044.jpg
Size:  84.3 KB

Randoms
Views: 185
Size:  86.3 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  54.3 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  81.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

small one

Just some stuff from yesterday. I need to buy another lamp to setup a proper still life corner to I don't have to shuffle half of my desk space around.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HI matey

you might not see any improvement but I do, you have more sense of motion, depth and personality in your figures and the shading is not too shabby either. The other thing is the workrate is up so your confidence is coming up too, see all good!

have another ass pat and move on !! lol

alll the best to you and yours... ha ha ha ha

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightship69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm always impressed by the amount of updates here every time I manage it to stop by! I should visit your sb much more... Well, anyway. I like all the life studies a lot. I envy you of the sketches at a cafe. Much more lively than drawing people at bus or tube, like i'm doing it all the time. And you see even more of the bodies! Good to see you studying the whole gestures. Maybe you can concentrate from time to time on smaller parts, like hands, faces or maybe drapery. Whatever you like most. And I have to say - good work with the pencil there. Nice strong and fast lines. No need to take ballpoint pens to force yourself to work like that like I do XD
    And I like to see it how you do the studies with acrylics. I don't have any idea about that medium, so can't give you any tipps. But I think you're on the right track with the brush strokes as well as seeing the colours and forms.
    Furthermore I think the "meow"-thing is one of your best drawings around here regarding the hatching of the pencil strokes. You're starting to work out the right forms, even if i think that some strokes show the wrong direction. the curvy lines on top of the nose may should points upwards, to give a better feeling of the noses perspective and mass. But really, you're improving! you can do it! rock da house! =D

27. The Following User Says Thank You to JuliaMetzger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

update

Heyho, two comments

@Lightship: woop thanks so much for clarifying! well as I said before, workrate will go down in a week or two weeks time. Starting my 12 month MSc, and my part-time job that I need to pay for it will not leave me to much time. Still, I see what I can do. I'm a bit confused about where I want to go with my art; if I manage to get a job next year (hopefully) that would be another blow to it. At the same time, my chances of making money with my art are obviously around zero- but tbh I wouldn't even know what to do. Right now I'm just doing studies, trying to improve on the fundamentals.. but I really would like to try out some advanced stuff like composition. Curiosity really.
    @Valyavande: Thank you so much for your compliment on my life studies! Yeah alot of people seem to like them. I just wish I could incorporate these exercises in other pieces, such as my ever-recurring love for goblins. Good point about the "smaller parts". Faces or drapery really, hands are too small because I draw people from quite a distance sometimes. I have no clue AT ALL how to progress with my acrylics to be honest. I feel that the still lifes make me think about colour and how to mix it, and getting the contrasts more or less right. But I struggle with sharp edges (see my shoe) and most of all, I don't know how to work "layered" if that makes any sense. See my forest study below. I feel everything is too thick and saturated, and that is entirely unintentional. Not sure how to feel about that. You are right about the nose, I didn't think straight there. Thank you!

Well, let's update.
    First of all, I did some studies of figures prior to my life drawing class because I felt that I had gotten out of practice and it showed quite clearly last week. Pictures are from anatomy books, photos, imagination or Leyendecker.

Views: 164
Size:  47.4 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  53.8 KBName:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  58.7 KB

I also tried to paint the forest that is outside my living room window. I had to abort because it was getting too dark. But I really don't like where it is going anyway (see my comment to Valyavande).
    Name:  DSC_0063.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB

And then, life drawing class. 10m (pencil), 15m (pastel pencil) and 45m (charcoal) respectively.
    We had to fill our page with charcoal and then draw with an eraser. I was very skeptical first but wow, what an eye-opening experience! It is so cool since I can "paint" without thinking about colour at the same time (which I find very hard). I loved it, it was really fun and I will come back to this technique.
    Name:  DSC_0305.jpg
Size:  78.1 KBName:  DSC_0308.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  69.5 KBName:  DSC_0311.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  48.8 KB

And last but not least, life studies from the cafe today. 1,5hrs worth of drawing there. Inspired by the charcoal experience, I tried to paint with the pencil rather than focus on lines. I feel that I am often too flat and neglect form, and this technique lets me concentrate on light and shadow, which I love.
    A woman watched me drawing and came over to me, saying that she found my drawings really good- that was such a nice experience.
    Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  78.0 KBName:  IMG_0003.jpg
Size:  68.2 KBName:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  64.7 KB

Comments&Critique are very welcome, as always. Especially regarding acrylics..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

l'update

mhhhrrallright, update.

yesterday was quite random:
Views: 146
Size:  82.1 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  86.9 KBName:  IMG.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  48.3 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  68.8 KB

I also invested in a better brush, since I suspected that mine weren't that good:
    Name:  DSC_0071.jpg
Size:  31.6 KB

After which I painted just some stuff from life, as well as a copy of imaginism studio's take on wow ghouls
    Name:  DSC_0085.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  86.4 KB

And today, more acrylics... god I just don't get along with colour. Nor brushes, really.
    Name:  DSC_0082.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  69.2 KBName:  DSC_0073.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  74.9 KBName:  DSC_0087.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB

My last attempt after the colour wheel exercise: before and after I went mad.
    Name:  DSC_0077.jpg
Size:  69.9 KBName:  DSC_0086.jpg
Size:  83.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very interesting sb you've got going! I especially like the Bammes anatomy sketches. They just gave me so much inspiration so I'll head out to the library tomorrow. Hopefully they have some of his books there.
    I'm in the stage of learning about the body construction. I need to be more focused and get the shapes together.
    I really like your life sketches and all the variety in here!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenhouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Greenhouse, thank you! Glad to be of some inspiration. I can only recommend Bammes, to be honest. Of all the anatomy books, he feels the most "old school" to me. Emphasis is on weight, gesture and proportion as opposed to bones, bones bones. I just like the way the books are set up; and I still come back to them especially when I feel the other methods aren't helping. My main frustration remains Bridgman.

I'll just add a sketch I did for this week's CoW, "Cancer", and a quick pen sketch of my mother as we were just skyping.
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  45.6 KBName:  mskype.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  39.3 KB

I am debating to try and go ahead with my crab, but I think I'll just get wet feet as usual. N8 n8

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Das Update

I have consciously avoided drapery for a reason.
Views: 127
Size:  74.2 KBName:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  107.7 KB
    Charcoal, 2 hours. Sorry for the bad photo, the lighting wasn't really good.
    It was so fun. It felt that it was just at the edge of my skills, I had to push it, really.
    Name:  DSC_0324.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  93.0 KB

And life drawing, this weeks topic: foreshortening. I put one of them in a spoiler-box because I don't want to tag my sb as NSFW.
    20 minutes warmup^^
    Name:  DSC_0312.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  43.9 KB

Insane foreshortening, 10-13 minutes. Loved it!!!
    Name:  DSC_0317.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  42.8 KB

And the 40 minutes pose:
    ( Click to show/hide )

Name:  DSC_0314.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  40.7 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

35. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Kevin, thank you!
    Yes they are. I paint in my living & bedroom, so I can't really use oils. Hopefully that will change next september..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, returning the favor for your visit to my sketchbook.

Very impressive! You really are getting good with those acrylics. The apple lying down closest to us is great. I have some acrylics and supplies begging to be used, but I'm really quite a mess with them. Do you work small or large? I always wind up with mountains of paint that dries too quickly to use, or too little paint to cover the area I need.

Anyway, back to you and your awesome sketchbook. I think your medium was what held you back more than anything on the drapery. The study really came alive when you switched to charcoal that blends smoother. Definitely keep those studies up, and maybe combine some cloth in with your fruit and other still lifes. Really digging the gesture drawings at the end here too.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Stroudle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I Like those charcoals, especially the last one. You got that drapery really good. I know it’s hard..puh!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Greenhouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Stroudle: Thank you very much! I work..well, A4 size most of the time, to save acrylic paper. I try to layer as much as possible due to the fact that the paint dries so quickly. I would LOVE to paint oils! But yeah, acrylics for now. The apple you mention has at least 12 layers of "hmm, that shadow area looked green to me.. nah, red it is. No wait, blue? **** where are my values?!".
    I think medium is a wonky excuse for my drapery study tbh. I mean I use pencil every day :/

@Greenhouse: Thank you! Yeah it was very tricky but I love the directness of smudging with my hand.

Okay, update I suppose.
    I had done two self portraits in acrylics on Friday night, in black/white to focus on value only. I don't do self portraits that often, because they _always_ result in some minor breakdown of self-confidence. And that is exactly what happened again! Didn't draw yesterday (had to work all day, anyway), barely came to terms with my artistic side today.

Why is it that EVERY TIME I mess up perspective? nose, cheeckbones- everything all over the place. I look like a guy, that doesn't help either. Rumble rumble!

Self portraits (first try, second try)
    Name:  DSC_0331.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  81.6 KBName:  DSC_0330.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  68.7 KB

Today, in pen, 30 second gestures. It's a little over 50, so I dumped them in one big file. (+perspective tralalala)
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  227.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  54.6 KB

And I had another go at CoW "Cancer". I drew in pencil, then pen, then coloured with markers. I then checked the values in Photoshop and was happy to see that they were what I expected. Nice to know that I am developing some understanding of value/colour mess.
Size:  68.5 KBName:  IMG_0016big.jpg
Size:  136.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my skype "doodle" tonight. there is so much to learn to take this one further, bloody discouraging. I accidentally read about the 10k hours rule on the forums again- that is always a huge mistake.
    Name:  greeny.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  54.8 KB

have a nice week everyone

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey there!

As I already said (wrote) I really like your sketchbook! Especially the very detailed anatomy studies! Cudos for being so patient. The fact that you try all the different subjects (human anatomy, creatures, colors and so on) makes it even more enjoyable to visit your sketchbook!

all in all: Nice!

Gur Ghen

ps: I really hope to participate in the next CoW-challenge. Because of the fact that I found it thanks to you I guess you should get even more Cudos

Feel free to visit my sketchbook and give me some advice!
    Thanks!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Gur Ghen For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 24