Sketchbook: Baron Flame's : The N00b Archives
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Baron Flame's : The N00b Archives

And here we go
    Once upon a time not too long ago, in the enigmatic land of CA a noob was born and he was as noobish as they come. There was.......
    okay long story short, I am yet another noob who loves concept art and just like any other n00b i dream to be a concept artist but i lack the skill to do so.
    Up until a few days ago I was making the same old excuse that perhaps one day I'll magically have an awesome collection of sketches and I will start my own sketchbook here. But then after I posted a certain question here on the CA forums.....well lemme just say that I had an epiphany, so as to say.
    So here I am ready to be embarrassed over and over and over again till I can properly draw something; well either that or kill myself sometime in foreseeable future
    xD

anyhooo
    Tomorrow onwards I'd be following some tuts that I asked my friend to get me
    [Fernando Freitas - Drawing The Figure] so I'll be posting biweekly.
    Here's the first post of the n00biest n00b you have, and will ever see,
    Was sleeping when this image popped in my head, drew what I was capable of

P.S: If this gets deleted due to too n00bish content.....oh well atleast I tried
    xD
    ^

Edited : Dec 3, 2012

Irrelevant post. Attached images removed.
    Kindly redirect yourself to post # 6
    Thank you.

Last edited by Baron Flame; December 3rd, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    Desperation is sometimes as powerful an inspirer as genius.
    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenGwenevere View Post
    Being really passionate about something would mean coming back to it again and again and again even though half the time it's frustrating or grueling or yes, even tedious... When there's something you just can't let go of in spite of the fact that it's driving you nuts most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't be embarassed, don't call yourself a noob and there is no such thing as "too noobish". We all start from somewhere, just keep drawing You will be surprised how fast you can improve if you have the determination to study.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pixel cheetah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by pixel cheetah View Post
    Don't be embarassed, don't call yourself a noob and there is no such thing as "too noobish". We all start from somewhere, just keep drawing You will be surprised how fast you can improve if you have the determination to study.
    Thanks for the reply. Like I said in my last thread
    I have the passion, the desire...all I need is the direction and hopefully I won't get lost, now that I have started that is.

P.S: But my posts really are too freakin n00bish... xD

---
    Being really passionate about something would mean coming back to it again and again and again even though half the time it's frustrating or grueling or yes, even tedious... When there's something you just can't let go of in spite of the fact that it's driving you nuts most of the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, of course, of course, but there is no point repeating it As for direction, here is a great collection of Loomis books, they are free:

http://www.fineart.sk/?cat=1

Start practicing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel cheetah View Post
    Well, of course, of course, but there is no point repeating it As for direction, here is a great collection of Loomis books, they are free:

http://www.fineart.sk/?cat=1

Start practicing!
    lol
    and Thanks a mil
    I've heard a tonne of good stuff about the Loomis Books
    hopefully this coupled with the tut I am about to follow will help me

---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Long story short. I have a habit of getting all to excited about one thing, go all out and then within a short span crash and burn. I had the excuse of having 3D assignments on my hand and I drifted away from sketching again. So more than a year later I am back, this time I've got no excuses(I don't have a workstation or a gaming rig to work on since I moved to Canada a couple of months ago) taking my time with things, going slow and being patient. I have a full time job (night shift as a concierge in a condo) so I won't be able to post as much as I would want to but hey, some progress is better than none.

Also I want to know if the quality of the images I've attached is acceptable enough for now as I would be getting myself a scanner some time around Christmas.

I'm following the Gnomon basic perspective tutorial by Scott Robertson. Apart from the few images I will be posting about 2 or 3 times a week, I usually warm up by practicing straight lines, ellipses, circles and accelerating curves(Oh, how I loathe them). I am trying to work on my line quality along and am trying to keep the whole thing as tidy as possible(possibly two of my biggest problems). I would do and post more but I don't have that much time on my hand(although I do do warm up exercises during the odd graveyard hours of the night) not to mention I don't want to get all fired up and end up the same way as before(hopefully I will be consistent this time around).

-Cheers

Attached Images Attached Images        
    ---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay. I meant to post this yesterday but things like bills, signing a new lease, job, etc came up. Nyhooo
    I have been unnaturally busy with so many things for the past few days that I didn't get much time to draw. What I did isn't much but better than nothing.
    So I tried my hands on foreshortening in both 1 and 2 point perspectives. Then I tried to do the same when either no vanishing point is in sight or isn't visible. I also tried to make a thumbnail of a few things I saw(is it okay if I click a photograph and then try to do the same, for some reason I find it cheating if I can't draw it from memory alone).
    My biggest problem, from what I can judge, is untidiness and inaccuracy. Also I since I am using my camera I had to adjust the perspective of a few in PS(I know there's a perspective joke here, but I am in a hurry so no can't do ).
    Nyhooo I gotta head off to my job again. I'll post within a few days again.

Attached Images Attached Images                    
    ---

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.