View testimonialsGet Two Free Art Videos
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Sketchy McBookerheizen

Sketchbook - needs work. Crits greatly appreciated. Nuff said.

Non-cyberspace sketchbook pages:

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More observational fail

Reality drawings, 2-20mins.

Attached Images Attached Images                                  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really like your style- kind of nightmarish and emotive. It kind of seems to show- a dark side...
    your last figure drawing is really quite good (all of them are good- but that one in particular catches my attention). you also seem to do really good landscapes- that first land scape seems really really good.
    What i would say, is your hands need a bit of work. they look like hands, but something is obviously off. as well i think you may want to watch your proportions when making faces- I'm still learning myself, so i can't be very specific, but your portrait of the girl- her eyes seem sort of flat, and i think maybe too large. as well i think her nose may be a bit to narrow. The skin less i assume anatomy study also seems to suffer from a skewed perspective.
    Other than watching proportions, and maybe focusing more on construction ( i think construction may be the problem with your hands) i'd say try and play with mediums.
    You show a strong proficiency with tone and value drawings, but I was told schools want to see you try bit of everything. In other words, i think you might benefit from playing with a bit of color.
    This is just IMO though, and as i write all over the place- opinions are like butt-holes, we all have one, and they all stink!

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a great figure work ......really awesome work ...... good luck for your admission!!!!

Last edited by maanas.93; November 20th, 2010 at 01:50 AM.
    the future is mine

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Themegagod: Hey, thanks for the kind words and awesome crit!
    The dark feel of the drawings is completely unconsciously done. ill have to see if i can cheer things up a bit, maybe throw in some color!

Im definitely going to keep pounding away at construction and proportion; probably my biggest weakness among my many other difficulties. Those hands are just so difficult to get right! To Bridgeman I go! The portrait was done from photo, and just plain kicked my ass. I see the dullness in the eyes now that you mention it, so I think Im gonna try and do it over, splash in some more life perhaps.

Its funny you should mention that last figure because its a master copy of a Rembrandt sketch! The masters' work sticks out, even when drawn at the hands of a nub like myself XD

If you're breathing and have working eye-balls, Ill snag any criticism you can throw at me. Every little bit kicks me to work that much harder.

Maanas: thanks so much! and to you as well

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.