How's my portfolio??-Applying to Ringling and USC
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

How's my portfolio??-Applying to Ringling and USC

Hey guys, I'm planning to apply for RSAD and USC among many other colleges and planning to major in Computer Animation. I am a high school senior and I will mainly focus on Character Animation.

Here's my online portfolio: http://daiaenna.carbonmade.com/

Pleasseee, critique harshly. I do know that my original art and style is lacking, and I am working on that now. I am trying art with more dynamic poses and attempting to stray away from the Japanese-anime style due to the advice I got from one of the current Animation USC student.

I also have trouble deciding between the two colleges RSAD and USC. I've seen USC senior thesis and they're... well... not what I expected. Though, I am extremely impressed by RSAD students' works. But it's far away from Hollywood and I'm afraid opportunities to get internships for studios such as Pixar, Dreamworks, etc. will be less available...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your life drawings & still lifes are really solid. Avoid submitting anything anime-ish (a lot of schools won't even accept it).

You'll get in without any trouble, and I suspect you'll get a scholarship as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah Bradley View Post
    Your life drawings & still lifes are really solid. Avoid submitting anything anime-ish (a lot of schools won't even accept it).

You'll get in without any trouble, and I suspect you'll get a scholarship as well.
    Awesome! (: I really want to get rid of the anime-styled drawings from my portfolio. If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me which are anime-styled? I have an idea of which are anime-styled, and I think that the "Drawings" section is all anime-styled.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 752 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, all the pieces in the drawing section and the last one in the digital section.

Maybe try doing some self portraits? They're a staple of student portfolios, and show a lot of proficiency (if done well). Not sure if animation-departments are looking for it, but diversifying your mediums a bit couldn't hurt.

Good luck! You're gonna do great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your life studies are really awesome !!! good luck for your admission

the future is mine

Members who have read this thread: 3