Thread: .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,837 Times in 521 Posts

Last edited by nauvice; May 31st, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nauvice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I knew it was going to be a cracked article before I opened the thread!
    Edit: I´ve read that before! It´s good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 379 Posts
    I enjoyed the article.

I just hope it just doesn't turn into a cutter-bashing thing. It's not a 21st century thing. Self-injury has been around since the beginning of time: http://library.thinkquest.org/11577/art.htm

People also don't realize there are other ways of self-harming oneself besides cutting. I used to bang my arm whenever I wanted to hurt myself and the pain was so bad at one point that I was honestly afraid of nearly breaking a bone.

Still, I enjoyed the article. I laughed at a few parts. Some parts were a bit eerie though. I think there's more to life than just growing a pair of balls though.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    Hadn't read this article before - thank you for posting
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velderia View Post
    I used to bang my arm whenever I wanted to hurt myself and the pain was so bad at one point that I was honestly afraid of nearly breaking a bone.
    When i was angry with the world, i used to punch my door open to get into my room. Until i moved into my new house where my door is apparently made out of balsa-wood. After 'accidentally' putting a hole in it, I (ironically) covered the hole with the 'dhammapada' till i could patch it up. I don't think my landlord ever found out.

recently two people i know have been in hospital for serious injuries, caused by them taking out there frustrations on street signs and glass windows.

I don't punch inanimate objects anymore.

Anyway, interesting article.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Once when I was 12-13, I was so angry that I started to scream at the top of my lungs, "GODDAMN THE WORLD". I couldn't finish the sentence, choked up from laughter. I couldn't believe I'd started to shout something so ridiculous over the little things that'd just come together to upset me. It was a learning experience.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I like how misery has to be caused by being able to avoid annoyance. It can't just be because there's a lot of annoying shit that needs avoiding.

Also, if there's more ways to avoid annoyance these days, why are people who've been around since before these annoyance-saving remedies were here so pissed off at now being able to (apparently) avoid the annoying shit?

The reason people can't trust more than one or two people with a photo of them sleeping with a cow isn't because that's all the friends they have. It's because these days people finding out means it shows up on the Internet and your life is ruined.

Back in the day: Cat in a bin? Meh, big deal, maybe the neighborhood is mad at you.

These days: Cat in a bin? Look out, 4-chan's coming to kick your ass. And the whole world knows about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Two Listen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 916 Posts
    Living on a small island, you tend to not come across the same problems that're said in that article so much. (It was a really interesting read though! )

I'm constantly exposed to people I find annoying, but I know that plenty more find ME irritating, so it all works out. No sense being irrationally nasty to people you don't want to be friends with, or you miss out on allot of interesting conversations.

I think one of the most important things you can learn is how to listen to others. Especially older people. They're so under-appreciated these days.
    Anyways, the reason I say that is because I've found people that aren't that well liked always tend to be the ones that ramble on about every small negative thing about their life and even when conversation is steered to a different topic, they'll veer right back onto it.

I think the internet sometimes lets people become a little self-obbsessed, and there in lies the problem.

/end ramble
    Last edited by Naidy; November 20th, 2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Oddly distjointed sentences.
    - Sketchbook -
    Cheers

Thanks
    1) No, people are getting smarter on average. Intellect causes misery. Handling misery appropriately causes intellect. Infinite loop ergo evolution ergo infinite, contrast wise evolving misery with delayed solutions.
    2) Physical atrocities, are something we have a lot of experience with, this is now changing to mental torture, in which we do not.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyskoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,738 Times in 4,642 Posts

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.