Sketchbook: Tome of Searing Passions - Page 8

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Quick sketches

Hi everyone,

@ Snake- Thanks for the detailed review mate. i really do appreciate it. But you shouldn't replying if you are going through a busy schedule. But honestly your presence here is always a welcome sight especially when im getting an all out assaulted by shiNIN and Sivonja... LOL...just kidding. I wouldn't have come this far without those hard crits. Ill be working on my linework as you and Sivonja pointed out several times. Glad that you like my last update. maybe youll like the latest update of Thalestris as well. ill try my level best to eliminate those errors. Thanks a lot for the encouragement mate.

@ shiNIN - hehe. I hope im not giving you a tough time by posting like a crazy sob! anyways just reply me when you are totally free only. i know you need loads of time to improve yourself as well. The sad story is i cant help you like the way you help me out mate. im not experienced enough to do so. but ill try my best to help you out Thanks for all these valuable crits. Just know that behind my improvement you and all my other friends are there.im grateful. i mean it. Oh by the way..as i promised, ill be doing my version of 'Teresa' from tomorrow onwards. i started my fact finding today.

@ Sivonja - Whoa easy there. go easy on this poor beginner. hehe. Anyways thanks a lot mate. Ill keep practicing.

Now to the updates....

This is a quick sketch i did just now.Refined in PS. lips are bit fu*ked up but im happy with this. i didnt render eyes so may look little odd.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 997 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Don't worry, helping you is one of the best things I can do with my time and that's just do good to my motivation
    I posted another "Tegaki nostalgy" time-consuming stuff in my sb... I wonder what would be different if I would get crits... Maybe I needed that years when I drew thousands of faces and every drawing was very wrong... I fought with my tools as well but not just that, that's obvious... Whatever.

The eyes? I have no problem with them, pretty ones.
    I don't like the mouth, again. The farther corner turns away from us, I wrote that already. As if it would be in a cylinder... The center of the mouth should be a little more to the right as well, I think... I'm tired now but I had to post, I'm addicted
    Oh and the usual slope on the top of the head... I can't explain it more now.

I'm sorry for this messy blurb, I try to behave in the future.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome expression on the first woman! You are right that the perspective of the second woman's mouth is a little off, but it's still a good study. All you would have to do to fix the mouth I think is shade the bottom lip a little more evenly with the darker tones you have on it.

art is never finished, only abandoned~Leonardo da Vinci

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ezekrialase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try to widen your value range more. Determine the direction of a light source and begin darkening areas that receive less light and highlighting areas that receive more light. Also, keep in mind when to use gradual shading (in areas that are more round, like how light is distributed along a sphere) and more abrupt changes in the shade (in areas that are more angular, like how light is distributed along a cube). These are some things to think about for your next drawing. I admire your dedication. Keep it up bud.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoMeat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bro, you are trying really hard on your faces, and it's AWESYUMMM!

HAVE FUN BRO! =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those faces still looks a little messed up. Make sure to flip them when you are drawing to get a fresh look. If you are using pen and paper, look on your pictures thru the mirror. You will avoid such mistakes like wrongly placed lips, or other anatomical issues. Wish you luck, and keep posting. I'll try to visit CA more often, cause I'm skipping to many of your updates xD.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Teresa - Initial concepts - step 1

Hi everyone,

shiNIN - hello there mate, Thanks for the crits as always. im not completely comfortable with drawing lips in different perspectives, still. But ill remedy it soon. Yeah thinking it as a cylindrical object would solve the problem i guess. thanks for the tips. Oh btw you can write anything you want here mate as long as you dont violate the forum rules, its fine by me

ezekrialase - hey hey, good to see you back in action mate. Glad that you like the 'Thalestris' concepts and thanks a lot for the tips. i guess have to do a 'Lips' study soon!

TacoMeat - hello there mate. Glad that you dropped by. Yeah i recall you mentioning this to me sometime back as well. Im sorry, i was really busy with the face studies and i was really careless with my linework. But this week ill dedicate some time to go through some books and slowly get this fixed. Thanks for all the tips mate. I appreciate it.

Kungfoowiz - hey bro, glad that you like em. Still they are far from being perfect but ill get there! thanks mate

Ramalooke - hello my friend. After long time eh? yeah i remember you mentioning this to me before as well. I tried it once but i couldn't make head or tails out of it. But today i think i found the true advantage of this neat little trick! thanks mate. much appreciated.

Well lets get to the updates....

Two months in CA - 2nd milestone

Its been two months since i joined CA! and im enjoying every moment of it. so thought about setting another milestone and review what i have done in the last month and where i stand now. Have to say im really satisfied. I just want to thank all my friends here because you are the true power behind my improvements ( if you think im improving). Special thanks to 'Snake', shiNIN', 'Ramalooke', 'Kiwigarbage' ,'Bethany', 'Sivonja' , 'Kungfoowiz', 'equilerex' and everyone else who has helped me out in someway. Im greatful for your kindness.

Heres the link to the Last milestone if you are interested.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...9&postcount=63

Teresa - Initial concepts

Here goes the initial sketch for 'Teresa'. it was a quick sketch anyways. i did another one but i didnt like it so i wont post it here. Im gonna do another couple more of these and see whats he best i could do. many thanks to shiNIN! But have mercy on me if i do a terrible sketch. i know shes one of your favorite characters

Last edited by devastacio; January 16th, 2011 at 02:10 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,720 Times in 2,452 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Well, happy two month anniversary my great friend!!!
    Let's open a bottle of something.
    You improved more than I expected I have to admit.
    You are a real hard worked and you deserve this all.
    Very nicely done Milestone billboard, I like it very much.
    This all shows, how serious and dedicated you are in your art journey.
    I am totally proud, and happy to have a buddy like you are.
    Improvement in drawing faces is so obvious. There is still a long
    road ahead of us, but the most important is that you are laying down
    a good and solid foundations.
    Best wishes my friend on your further journey.

Sketchbook
    [last update; 29th August 2014]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey do more skull studies! I think those will help your portraits. You seem to be getting better at portraits! no crits here..

well, peace!

Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

19. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As far as I remember, it's a much more impressive montage than the previous one You're on the right way
    I agree with everything Snake said, I drink one to your health and spirit now

Yay, Teresa! No, she isn't one of my favourite chars, it's just Alvaro can't draw, I'm his illustrator and he has ideas involving Teresa as his motorbike *sigh*

The same problem than before, the face is too big for the head. She has a forced smile and her neck and shoulder area isn't well defined.
    But she's definitely pretty and her face is okay for a calm proud one, thanks, I will tell Alvaro, he will be happy

21. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer - Initial concpets

Hi everyone,

@ Snake - Hello there mate. Thanks a lot. It means lot to me. I wish you all the best too mate. Opens up a Champagne. *Cheers*

@ shiNIN - Hello there my friend. come join us for a drink! Best wishes to you too. btw ill do another good concept for Teresa. ill keep doing it until i get it perfect (or near it). Thanks for everything

@ poetry man - Hello there. Thanks for visiting my sb mate and for the encouragement too

Now to the updates.....

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer

Here goes my humble concept for this week's ChoW. I have included all the fact findings and the justifications. I dont have enough pencil skills or anatomy knowledge yet to design the character i really wanted to . so i kept it within my limitations.enjoy!

Background story

She goes by the name 'Tiger Lilly'. Its rumored she leaves a Tiger Lily on the cold dead body of her victims. They say she's an elf and her mother used to torture her when she was a child. Driven mad by pain and anguish she has now become a cold blooded, hunter of night. Person who saw her last mentioned she was camping near the forgotten tower, a place where an evil countess was crucified. He went missing after few hours.

Character design details and justification.

1.Environmental setting - Winter/snow ; resembles coldness of her killings.

2. Tiger Lily - Red-orange color of the Tiger Lily resembles her appetite for killing, basically for pleasure and mental stimulation. through a flower, I also wanted to give a subtle message of 'Every dark cloud has a silver lining'. she may have some good qualities but no one may never know.

3. Necklace of fingers - She cuts off the thumbs of her victims and attaches them to her necklace. It contains 3 thumbs resembling 3 kills. I also wanted to make one thumb look like its been recently cut off from a victim, and others look like they are decaying, to show theres been 'cool-down' periods between the murders. but i just kept it like this for now.

4. scars on her cheek - Each scar resembles a kill.

5. Earing - It bears the symbol Loviatar the maiden goddess who resembles (Pain, Hurt, Agony,Torture and suffering). I just wanted to show shes a patron of Loviatar. (according to Dungeons and Dragons rules)

6. Circlet- I Made this symbol myself. Crescent resembles night and the three lines for number 3. so its symbolizes 3AM, the unholy hour. ( just wanted to spice up the story)

7. Weapon - She uses a 'Flail' which is the favored weapon of her deity. Adds to her brutal nature. (according to Dungeons and Dragons rules)

Fact findings

I tried to find out more information about serial killers. Do they have any distinctive facial features. well i couldn't come to a clear conclusion because in most cases they all looked normal.

Know about serial killers before you design.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...victims_1.html

A list of 10 worst serial killers ever in the world.
    http://socyberty.com/crime/top-10-mo...erial-killers/

Is there a relation between physical features and a predisposition to violence?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8175959AAcFusw

Female serial killers and the crimes they committed.
    http://socyberty.com/people/seven-fa...of-their-time/

Other Related links that i found useful.....

The true Amityville horror story
    http://www.essortment.com/all/trueamityville_rjlk.htm

About the goddess Loviatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loviatar

Facts about Tiger Lily
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1025/

PC Game Inspirations...

Diablo 2
    Neverwinter Nights 2

Movies i watched to get some more ideas....

Exorcism of Emily Rose
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404032/

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not very well today (messing with my sleeping pattern for too long), keep that in mind.

I think you wish to use some word with the meaning symbolize instead of resemble...

You know real tiger lilies are bigger, right? It's not a problem, I just mention it.
    I don't think facial features of murderers are important when you design a character - and no face exclude being a murderer even if there are a correlation. I know it's logical to use the face to tell something about the personality but I don't think you need to go that deep.

The eyes are looking into two slightly different direction...
    I understand the expression of the mouth but it's not realistic looking.

I don't know the English word... well, where her hair is divided, that's not in center. It's often so in real life but even so, it's disturbing.
    Neck and the little part that she has from her torso is badly attached to her head.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the last little while all you've been drawing are heads, and while your head proportions are looking good, you should start moving onto the body.
    exactly, and i think that you should draw a whole bodie instead single parts. it's simply more effective and you will learn faster.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Happy New Year my friend!
    I wish you all the best in this year!
    You took this character of the week real serious I can see it right from the
    distance. You are a determined one. No one should mess around you, cause
    you have a devastating strength, and you have your 'Snake Charmer' hanging
    by your side. You just keep up this attitude and you will be a pro artist in no
    time.
    She looks dangerous I have to admit, but you are committing the same mistake
    with her eyes, each look in its own direction, shiNIN pointed this out also.
    You should not have to exaggerate those neck muscles so much on every
    drawing. Yes, they are actually there but you do not have to draw them in
    so strong as on some hard core body builder. The cut-off fingers around her
    neck is a nice touch.
    Keep it up like this my friend, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for the serial killer link collection. You made my day, haha.
    Out of the 10 top serial killers, the number one place is taken by
    a Hungarian. Should I say more?

Sketchbook
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer - Tiger Lily - WIP

Hi everyone,

@ shiNIN - hello there mate. Yeah thats the right word i guess thanks for that. btw Tiger lily is kinda too big so i made it small to fit in. Well its a small drawing so cant make much changes now. my bad. Ill try to keep those things in mind when i do the next drawing. I focused on the concept, not really the drawing because I cant enter the poll anyways. Ill be starting my anatomy lessons from tomorrow so ill fix this 'neck problem' soon. thanks mate.

@ Bethany - hello there mate. its been a while eh? good to see you again. hehe yeah 8 pages. even i realized it when you mentioned only. Thanks for the tips mate and i hope youre also gonna try this weeks ChoW as i mentioned in your sb. Ill be moving into the torso muscles from tomorrow onwards. seen enough scary faces eh?

@ Ramalooke - Aye Aye! Im going back to studies from tomorrow onwards. so ill be drawing some fu*ked up torsos soon! . thanks mate

@ Snake - Happy New Year to you too! But that was weeks back eh? so Let me guess.....hmm was it vodka? beer? scotch? hehe. Thanks fro the encouragement mate. Glad you like the design. i read about the top 2 till now. I really need to find the book called "The Blood Countess by Andrei Codrescu" man i seriously need to read it! hahah shiNIN's gonna kill you hahahaha i just cant wait to see you getting your as* kicked LOL

Well moving into the updates...

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer

Here goes the rendering of the Tiger Lily. Just open up a scotch and say i did a decent job (even if i didnt just pretend for heavens sake ) enjoy!

(I used 3B and a 4B to shade. scanned and made it duotone, few value changes because my scanner is made to torment me. . 2nd image just and alternative. She looks like 'Hell Girl' to me :p )

Last edited by devastacio; January 18th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, I can't focus on my head (or any other) studies for long so come to see if anyone put anything in his/her sketchbook. Oh yeah and it was you at that I't s always a happy moment to see you updated, oh not because you would be that good, it's just your little things are food to my inner critic
    Nothing much to say now because it's the same serial killer drawing but don't worry, I will think about something.

That's right you focused on the concept but for a real Chow entry one make little concept sketches and then comes the real thing. I don't know how you work or how many time you have to put in a Chow entry but it's how things should work. Working with traditional media has its disadvantage too.

Oh I'm glad we will have an excited audience. I imagine the "battle" between Snake and me will be pretty interesting sometimes. I could make it short of course but I keep him around to have some fun, you know, cat and mouse
    (You both are so precious, my life got two more shiny when I met you two )

Here goes the rendering of the Tiger Lily. Just open up a scotch and say i did a decent job (even if i didnt just pretend for heavens sake ) enjoy!
    I just drank a gin but you're right, Glen Elgin is better (though I'm a Glenlivet fan).
    But I suppose you write this to everyone but me
    *critic sharpens his tiny but fearsome claws. somehow I think my inner critic is a he. he totally looks like one, IDK why but he does*

Hm... poor Tiger Lily is a bit lost now and Hell Girl is too red, it's a powerful color but I's use it with a little contrast only when I don't do something where details are important. It burns my eyes

{looking at it for a few minutes - it's a dangerous thing, I always find new flaws when I do that}
    Hmm... Well you did it, finished a pic. That's something.
    I really don't know what else to say.
    I looked at the first page. You drew worse faces after a reference then. You have a much more idea about the size and placement of features now but that's obvious to us all.
    Grat

One day we will meet in Chow. That will be fun.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice to see u on CHOW , btw do not forgot rule that 3/4 of character must be visible ...that means she need body ,only head is not enough , anyway u have my vote just finish it before deadline

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congrats, you've made good progress. I like your rendering technique, just keep working on those proportions and as has been suggested, you should work on some skull studies.

Autism Girl: an experimental surrealist comic
    Help support autism awareness -- share this on Facebook if you like it!

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisquel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with Trisquel - your rendering is great. Nearly every place you do hair you *kill* it, man. You have a great grasp on hair strands & highlights & so forth. Loving it. Keep working on the expressions!

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

39. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, he draws hair better than me (but I suck at it so it's not a big praise in itself)... I mean its rendering is impressive, not the whole thing.

I forgot to ask before, what are those white spots on the pic?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey friend! Haven't heard from you in a while

You're improving so quickly! Way to push yourself!

In your drawings, try to push your values a bit more, get some dark darks (to black) in there, and it will really help to create depth!

Also, when shading the face, it helps to establish a tone from between the eyebrows at the top of the nose, in the eyesockets, and slightly down toward the cheeks. This will help to show that the area is receding into the face. Did that make any sense?

Keep going! You're rockin it! And I really enjoy your imagination

SKETCHBOOK

BLOG

"Only put off till tomorrow, what you are willing to die left undone." -Pablo Picasso

42. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigarbage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scotch is leaving some positive effect on you,
    I can see now. You should have drunk more of that magic potion.
    Exquisite pencil rendering, however I have mentioned once before if I remember
    well, that you should not put such a strong textured backgrounds behind your
    drawings, cause they take away much from the viewers attention, which
    you certainly do not want. Pure background (non textured) of any color would
    be just fine, but do not mix in some concrete and relief textured ones.
    In the end, if you insist on this kind of backgrounds, at least reduce their
    opacity a bit.
    I see that some of them are suggesting you that you start doing some
    other kind of drawings except the portraits and heads, I say, that you
    should do what you feel the most fun and the most satisfying. Do not
    rush with anything, there will be time for other things later, perspective,
    environments, figure drawings or whatever. Do what suits you the most in the
    certain moment.
    Keep being inspired my friend.

Sketchbook
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

44. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Damn.. that serial killer looks BAD ASS! =)

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. Its good to see that you are spending more time rendering and adding values. Great job on the last post; The improvements are showing.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoMeat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer - Tiger Lily - Final

Hi everyone,

@ shiNIN - Thanks mate. Well you should try out ChoW sometime. Well i dont really believe in disadvantages in traditional media. If there's will theres a weapon. period.

@ Sivonja - Hello there my friend. Yes im aware of that rule and i cant draw the full figure yet. These are for the ChoW:WIP thread only. i wont be submitting it to the Final Poll Thread. Ill do so once i learn to draw the full figure. These ChoW entries are just for practices. anyways thanks a lot mate. i really appreciate it.

@ Trisquel - Hello there mate. Glad that you like it and thanks for the encouragement. Yep ill do some more skull studies in another week.

@ donalfall - hello there mate. Thanks a lot for visiting my sb. Glad that you like it. btw you sketches are simply amazing. theres so much you know about hatching. Great work mate !

@ kiwigarbage -Hey there! Long time no see. I tried to make the changes in this update. Thanks a lot for the tips and encouragement.

@ Snake- hello there my friend. glad that you like it. btw as i mentioned its the scanner. damn thing is making my blood count go down i guess i have to fix some settings there. Yeah as you said i trid this update just for fun. Just because i wanted to enjoy it. Because i didnt do a paint job since this one. Painting i have done before
    Anyways thanks for everything mate. those words really encourage me. And i tried painting on top of the pencils too. hope you like it. many thanks for the idea.

Kungfoowiz- haha lol she is. real nasty. wears a tiger skin undy and doesn't use any protection so the victims need to carry their own . should i say more ? LOL....thanks bro. glad that you like the design.

TacoMeat - Hello there mate. You replied while i was uploading the pics.. anyways thats a lot for the encouragement

Well here goes the update....

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer - Final

I tried to do a poor paint job on top of the pencils. well so much noise created on the original scan so many apologies for the bad quality. Used Multiply and overlay layers with different opacity settings to preserve the pencils. Used old painting of mine as the backdrop coz cant be bothered 1st image is the original scan and 2nd uses some noise reduction in PS. hope you like it.

The initial concept is here....
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=228

Pencil rendering.....
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=233

My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be quick, my head is full with other things now...

Hmm I feel the disadvantages of traditional media for sure I love to change things, I need to be able to overpaint my pictures to have a chance to get some decent results...

I showed Teresa to Alvaro. He thinks Teresa in his mind is more graceful... or something... He is always bad to say what he wants of a drawing, I'm his illustrator and I can say it's pretty tough.
    He says the serial killer is more an amazon in his opinion and I can't translate everything he said, to any language, I didn't get it

It's good you try new things Well the colors don't form a whole united picture yet but I'm not the one to talk about it so I shut up.

52. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man , ucan use reference for body ,thats not forbidden , and i reccomend u to use references for all your human figure works ...it'snot shame , many artists using ref . so go on don't give up now

54. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 879 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the chow above is looking good, no big crits really at all other than watch the thickness and attachment of the neck. I can't see exactly whats wrong about it but it look a little thin and short for a female neck. Just something to think about for the future. personally when someone crits something like this in my own work I try to focus on doing some studies of that particular region for a day or two, just to nail it!

Keep on doing what you're doing its going well

Sketchbook: INSATIABLE CURIOSITY

Tumblr:http://lovegraphite.tumblr.com/

"We make our own fortunes and we call them fate" - Benjamin Disraeli

56. The Following User Says Thank You to ThomasM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh hi! Back from CHOW, are you? I really like what you did with the serial killer image, when you smudged parts of her face. It looks much better and more paintery.

58. The Following User Says Thank You to JaneMag For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Well, not seeing much colored ones from you till now,
    I have to say that this is a huge step for you and you should
    be more than satisfied. No matter what the crits say, no matter
    did you fulfilled the chow requirements or not, but this one is a
    huge push in your improvement. I have been following your work
    since day one here, and this is a milestone also. You are going digital
    slowly my friend, and you are going to open some new doors.
    The second one, the cleaned up one is much better and it looks
    outstanding. I have nothing to criticize, cause you exceeded my
    expectations. I wish you many happy painting and drawing hours
    in the future.I will be around all the time, watching.
    So just as I said earlier, heads up high and go straight forward,
    cause discouragement is not an option.

Sketchbook
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

60. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.