Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Tome of Searing Passions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    I like your update frequency
    You are getting better. Even if my inner critic could provide a list of flaws any time, these are smaller than before.
    Sometimes I don't criticize something because I could say merely "the mouth expression is weird, but I can't put my finger into it". Well I usually say such things as well but I can't expect you to make an expression correctly. I'm not found of critics that are true but I can't solve the flaws in question without much practice before.
    (and I should let others to say something I didn't )

The expresson of the new face is much better, the previous was an intense, even painful "yuck!" to me now that I look at it again.
    This seems to be okay but the upper teeth curve very strangely.
    The top of her head is missing. Over the hairline one has some skull and the hair with volume... Even if we see her slightly from below, we should see a bit more.
    She has a not small ear, it's fine, but the lines of the hair around it follows its curve and it's like a huge ear optically... Not a fortunate thing.
    {and my English isn't nice but I'm usually understandable, that's the main thing I wish I could write in a conscise and stylish way though}
    I could write more but it's enough for now.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I said again, mouth is not good , perspective of upper teeth is wrong this time

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sivonja For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quick sketches

Hi everyone,

@ Snake- Thanks for the detailed review mate. i really do appreciate it. But you shouldn't replying if you are going through a busy schedule. But honestly your presence here is always a welcome sight especially when im getting an all out assaulted by shiNIN and Sivonja... LOL...just kidding. I wouldn't have come this far without those hard crits. Ill be working on my linework as you and Sivonja pointed out several times. Glad that you like my last update. maybe youll like the latest update of Thalestris as well. ill try my level best to eliminate those errors. Thanks a lot for the encouragement mate.

@ shiNIN - hehe. I hope im not giving you a tough time by posting like a crazy sob! anyways just reply me when you are totally free only. i know you need loads of time to improve yourself as well. The sad story is i cant help you like the way you help me out mate. im not experienced enough to do so. but ill try my best to help you out Thanks for all these valuable crits. Just know that behind my improvement you and all my other friends are there.im grateful. i mean it. Oh by the way..as i promised, ill be doing my version of 'Teresa' from tomorrow onwards. i started my fact finding today.

@ Sivonja - Whoa easy there. go easy on this poor beginner. hehe. Anyways thanks a lot mate. Ill keep practicing.

Now to the updates....

This is a quick sketch i did just now.Refined in PS. lips are bit fu*ked up but im happy with this. i didnt render eyes so may look little odd.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Don't worry, helping you is one of the best things I can do with my time and that's just do good to my motivation
    I posted another "Tegaki nostalgy" time-consuming stuff in my sb... I wonder what would be different if I would get crits... Maybe I needed that years when I drew thousands of faces and every drawing was very wrong... I fought with my tools as well but not just that, that's obvious... Whatever.

The eyes? I have no problem with them, pretty ones.
    I don't like the mouth, again. The farther corner turns away from us, I wrote that already. As if it would be in a cylinder... The center of the mouth should be a little more to the right as well, I think... I'm tired now but I had to post, I'm addicted
    Oh and the usual slope on the top of the head... I can't explain it more now.

I'm sorry for this messy blurb, I try to behave in the future.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Awesome expression on the first woman! You are right that the perspective of the second woman's mouth is a little off, but it's still a good study. All you would have to do to fix the mouth I think is shade the bottom lip a little more evenly with the darker tones you have on it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ezekrialase For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Try to widen your value range more. Determine the direction of a light source and begin darkening areas that receive less light and highlighting areas that receive more light. Also, keep in mind when to use gradual shading (in areas that are more round, like how light is distributed along a sphere) and more abrupt changes in the shade (in areas that are more angular, like how light is distributed along a cube). These are some things to think about for your next drawing. I admire your dedication. Keep it up bud.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TacoMeat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Hey bro, you are trying really hard on your faces, and it's AWESYUMMM!

HAVE FUN BRO! =)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kungfoowiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Those faces still looks a little messed up. Make sure to flip them when you are drawing to get a fresh look. If you are using pen and paper, look on your pictures thru the mirror. You will avoid such mistakes like wrongly placed lips, or other anatomical issues. Wish you luck, and keep posting. I'll try to visit CA more often, cause I'm skipping to many of your updates xD.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramalooke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Teresa - Initial concepts - step 1

Hi everyone,

shiNIN - hello there mate, Thanks for the crits as always. im not completely comfortable with drawing lips in different perspectives, still. But ill remedy it soon. Yeah thinking it as a cylindrical object would solve the problem i guess. thanks for the tips. Oh btw you can write anything you want here mate as long as you dont violate the forum rules, its fine by me

ezekrialase - hey hey, good to see you back in action mate. Glad that you like the 'Thalestris' concepts and thanks a lot for the tips. i guess have to do a 'Lips' study soon!

TacoMeat - hello there mate. Glad that you dropped by. Yeah i recall you mentioning this to me sometime back as well. Im sorry, i was really busy with the face studies and i was really careless with my linework. But this week ill dedicate some time to go through some books and slowly get this fixed. Thanks for all the tips mate. I appreciate it.

Kungfoowiz - hey bro, glad that you like em. Still they are far from being perfect but ill get there! thanks mate

Ramalooke - hello my friend. After long time eh? yeah i remember you mentioning this to me before as well. I tried it once but i couldn't make head or tails out of it. But today i think i found the true advantage of this neat little trick! thanks mate. much appreciated.

Well lets get to the updates....

Two months in CA - 2nd milestone

Its been two months since i joined CA! and im enjoying every moment of it. so thought about setting another milestone and review what i have done in the last month and where i stand now. Have to say im really satisfied. I just want to thank all my friends here because you are the true power behind my improvements ( if you think im improving). Special thanks to 'Snake', shiNIN', 'Ramalooke', 'Kiwigarbage' ,'Bethany', 'Sivonja' , 'Kungfoowiz', 'equilerex' and everyone else who has helped me out in someway. Im greatful for your kindness.

Heres the link to the Last milestone if you are interested.
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...9&postcount=63

Teresa - Initial concepts

Here goes the initial sketch for 'Teresa'. it was a quick sketch anyways. i did another one but i didnt like it so i wont post it here. Im gonna do another couple more of these and see whats he best i could do. many thanks to shiNIN! But have mercy on me if i do a terrible sketch. i know shes one of your favorite characters
    Last edited by devastacio; January 16th, 2011 at 03:10 PM.
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 2,520 Posts

Well, happy two month anniversary my great friend!!!
    Let's open a bottle of something.
    You improved more than I expected I have to admit.
    You are a real hard worked and you deserve this all.
    Very nicely done Milestone billboard, I like it very much.
    This all shows, how serious and dedicated you are in your art journey.
    I am totally proud, and happy to have a buddy like you are.
    Improvement in drawing faces is so obvious. There is still a long
    road ahead of us, but the most important is that you are laying down
    a good and solid foundations.
    Best wishes my friend on your further journey.
    Sketchbook
    [last update; 9th February 2015]
    SEXUAL CONTENT !WARNING!
    DeviantArt
    blog

...looking for a freelance work...
    In search for a Freelance work

21. The Following User Says Thank You to LtPlissken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey do more skull studies! I think those will help your portraits. You seem to be getting better at portraits! no crits here..

well, peace!
    Behind every great master is a great student...

Imagination is more important than knowledge- Albert Einstein...
    _________
    NEW SKETCHBOOK -- http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...40#post3743640

OLD SKETCHBOOK: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...25#post2543225

23. The Following User Says Thank You to poetry man For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    As far as I remember, it's a much more impressive montage than the previous one You're on the right way
    I agree with everything Snake said, I drink one to your health and spirit now

Yay, Teresa! No, she isn't one of my favourite chars, it's just Alvaro can't draw, I'm his illustrator and he has ideas involving Teresa as his motorbike *sigh*

The same problem than before, the face is too big for the head. She has a forced smile and her neck and shoulder area isn't well defined.
    But she's definitely pretty and her face is okay for a calm proud one, thanks, I will tell Alvaro, he will be happy

25. The Following User Says Thank You to shiNIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer - Initial concpets

Hi everyone,

@ Snake - Hello there mate. Thanks a lot. It means lot to me. I wish you all the best too mate. Opens up a Champagne. *Cheers*

@ shiNIN - Hello there my friend. come join us for a drink! Best wishes to you too. btw ill do another good concept for Teresa. ill keep doing it until i get it perfect (or near it). Thanks for everything

@ poetry man - Hello there. Thanks for visiting my sb mate and for the encouragement too

Now to the updates.....

ChoW#229 :: The Serial Killer

Here goes my humble concept for this week's ChoW. I have included all the fact findings and the justifications. I dont have enough pencil skills or anatomy knowledge yet to design the character i really wanted to . so i kept it within my limitations.enjoy!

Background story

She goes by the name 'Tiger Lilly'. Its rumored she leaves a Tiger Lily on the cold dead body of her victims. They say she's an elf and her mother used to torture her when she was a child. Driven mad by pain and anguish she has now become a cold blooded, hunter of night. Person who saw her last mentioned she was camping near the forgotten tower, a place where an evil countess was crucified. He went missing after few hours.

Character design details and justification.

1.Environmental setting - Winter/snow ; resembles coldness of her killings.

2. Tiger Lily - Red-orange color of the Tiger Lily resembles her appetite for killing, basically for pleasure and mental stimulation. through a flower, I also wanted to give a subtle message of 'Every dark cloud has a silver lining'. she may have some good qualities but no one may never know.

3. Necklace of fingers - She cuts off the thumbs of her victims and attaches them to her necklace. It contains 3 thumbs resembling 3 kills. I also wanted to make one thumb look like its been recently cut off from a victim, and others look like they are decaying, to show theres been 'cool-down' periods between the murders. but i just kept it like this for now.

4. scars on her cheek - Each scar resembles a kill.

5. Earing - It bears the symbol Loviatar the maiden goddess who resembles (Pain, Hurt, Agony,Torture and suffering). I just wanted to show shes a patron of Loviatar. (according to Dungeons and Dragons rules)

6. Circlet- I Made this symbol myself. Crescent resembles night and the three lines for number 3. so its symbolizes 3AM, the unholy hour. ( just wanted to spice up the story)

7. Weapon - She uses a 'Flail' which is the favored weapon of her deity. Adds to her brutal nature. (according to Dungeons and Dragons rules)

Fact findings

I tried to find out more information about serial killers. Do they have any distinctive facial features. well i couldn't come to a clear conclusion because in most cases they all looked normal.

Know about serial killers before you design.
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...victims_1.html

A list of 10 worst serial killers ever in the world.
    http://socyberty.com/crime/top-10-mo...erial-killers/

Is there a relation between physical features and a predisposition to violence?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8175959AAcFusw

Female serial killers and the crimes they committed.
    http://socyberty.com/people/seven-fa...of-their-time/

Other Related links that i found useful.....

The true Amityville horror story
    http://www.essortment.com/all/trueamityville_rjlk.htm

About the goddess Loviatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loviatar

Facts about Tiger Lily
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1025/

PC Game Inspirations...

Diablo 2
    Neverwinter Nights 2

Movies i watched to get some more ideas....

Exorcism of Emily Rose
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404032/
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to devastacio For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast