Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Just A Beginner's Sketchbook :(

Thanks

Just A Beginner's Sketchbook :(

Hi All,
    I'm a beginner and try to get some help judging my work .. to know exactly where I stand ....
    unfortunately I can't go to any art school and I depend on online tutorials and some video courses to learn ... so any tips or advices or suggestion .... or any other kind of help will be very useful to me and will means a lot ...
    thanks All
    here we go
    Attachment 1103637

Attachment 1103638

Attachment 1103639

Attachment 1103640

Attachment 1103641

Attachment 1103642

Attachment 1103643

Attachment 1103644

Attachment 1103645

Attachment 1103646
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to SadMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,821 Times in 939 Posts
    You have a good base in cartooning. Now you must start drawing from life and studying the faces and features around you. This will have a really positive effect on your art, even cartoon art. Once you know the rules of anatomy, you can actually start bending them more effectively.

Also, I know you are new to uploading sketches here and were hesitant at first. Keep on uploading, but promise me you will stay away from lined paper. It hurts your artwork.

Thanks
    Hi Sadmonster,

I just opened a sketchbook too!

I like your color use and style and i agree with Star Eater. Well keep practicing. Good Luck mate.

Thanks
    The picture with the prisoner using his blood to write his credo on the walls of his prison cell literally brought tears to my eyes. This picture is a perfect illustration for the famous verse in King David's Book of Psalms (chapter 130, verse 1): "Out from the depths I have called to You Heavenly Father."
    "Let Love Blossom Like a Flower in Spring"

Thanks
    @StarEater: most of these drawings on lined paper I draw them during the lectures in which I'm not interested ... but I promise I will .... thanks for your comment .. I will try to practice harder on the life drawing

@devastacio: hi devastacio .. why don't you put your sketchbook link in the signature so it would be easier to reach
    thaks devastacio , I will try to practice harder

@flowers4love: I'm sorry,I completely have no idea what this book is, but I'm happy u like the painting

Thanks
    here's what I got for today ... I tried to practice more on the light
    Attachment 1104136

Thanks
    just a new one

Thanks
    here we go again

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    How familiar stuff Well I specialized in tearing apart beginner's works (especially faces but messed up bodies are welcome as well... but I can find flaws in half pros's stuff as well) in Critique Center, I came from there now too.
    I saw you got the best advice there (Nezumi Works a great critic btw ).
    Practice a lot and show us what you got. Then I will tell you your biggest problems and I may even do overpaintings
    Now there are many issues, learn the proportions and the shape of the skull (even if they may vary a lot) and don't put the eyes so close together
    Best wishes!

Thanks
    .. well, I got enough praise from my friends and family ... but you know the praise doesn't help you improve .. doesn't help you to fix your mistakes ..
    [theOther Me: "but I love it sometimes "]
    so I'm really happy that I finally found some people to help me figuring out what's wrong .... so do what you are specialized in ... and be as tough as possible
    [theOther Me: ''not really "]

thnx shiNIN .. I will do my best ... and I will wait your critiques

Thanks
    Hey there,

I guess you almost abandoned your SB mate. as I recall I started a sketchbook, taking 'Star Eater's and your advice at the Critique center when i just dropped into CA. Welcome back !! hope this time you will constantly practice and post. I also see my friend 'shiNIN' giving you some good advice

So, draw some stuff daily and post mate. ill drop by to see your work whenever possible. Good luck and don't abandon the ship this time. :p
    My Sketchbook

Check out my friends?
    Lt.Plissken | Ramalooke | ThomasM | shiNIN | kiwigarbage | Kungfoowiz | Bethany K. | Sivonja | equilerex

What man is a man, who does not make the world, better. -Kingdom of Heaven

Thanks
    yea I did ... but it's out of my hands ... I'm studying computer science and my college doesn't give me a chance ....
    but I still practicing in the boring lectures but these drawings are just not good enough to show ..
    thnx for dropping by, I will try to draw more ... and you keep making progress .. I will check your SB from time to time

Thanks
    Hey man,
    Looks like a good start. My recommendation would be threefold.
    First:dont stop sketching and posting your best of the day when able. I recently started a sketchbook on here and i know it keeps me motivated to improve a lot if i know i have to post SOMETHING that day. Forces me to focus.

Second: i would strongly recommend doin some research on these forums about line work. Ccsears 'guidelines' thread is a pretty bitchin resource for learning the basics of line and edge (mostly focused on ballpoint pen sketches, but stresses line control, which is applicable in all mediums). I notice a lot of your stuff is rendered out, but the foundation (see: form construction, linework, etc) could use some work. Experiment with decisive lines of varying values and thickness and see how it affects your work. What helped me was the realization that no one is going to look at every experimental doodle i create, so why not experiment.

Third: I suggest picking up an anatomy book with lots of photo reference or fully rendered subjects (bones, muscles, and complete figures). This will help you develop your mass conception skills i.e. simplifying masses of a skull into its component three dimensional shapes and learning to translate that knowledge into your linework and rendering. Doing this with photo reference, fully rendered stuff, or better yet models (skulls, busts, etc) will help prevent just copying the lines someone else has already put down. I recommend Anatomy for the Artist or Stephen Rogers Peck Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist.

Goos start, dude. Keep posting!

-Paddy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast