Assassins creed brotherhood or Fallout new vegas?

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Assassins creed brotherhood or Fallout new vegas?

Which game should I buy? I have all the other Assassins creed games but have never played a fallout game. I might be able to buy both but I don´t want to spend that much money.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh God, not Ass's Creed.. I've honestly never seen the appeal of it, much like COD :/ Fallout on the otherhand is a great game, I find it really interesting and unique. I've not played New Vegas but I'm going to get it asap

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well i played through New Vegas, and it's a good game, i guess (a bit better than fallout 3). It feels alot more like fallout 1 or 2 (in that it throws in some humorous bits to dilute the soul crushing reality of a post apocalyptic desert). If your playing on PC, there are a bunch of pretty sweet mods already (since the game is so simular to fallout 3 that many of the mods are actually compatible). Also, the game is huuuuge (as long as you don't rush your way through the main plot). The shear quantity of work put into it is obvious and downright staggering (I guess it's because they had to put minimal work into the engine/gameplay). Oh yeah, and the PC version is buggy as all hell, totally unfinished, but they should patch that up soon enough.

'ere, have a review.

Never really played much Assassins creed, but from what i've read, Brotherhood's main drawcard is the multiplayer.

Last edited by karma militia; November 17th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Monday Night Combat.

(or play a game called "do some studies")

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by inimic View Post
    Oh God, not Ass's Creed.. I've honestly never seen the appeal of it, much like COD :/ Fallout on the otherhand is a great game, I find it really interesting and unique.
    Sounds a bit like a blanket statement, loads of people could claim the exact opposite and they'd probably be no more right or wrong.

I've never played an AC game, so I can't say too much about it. I am playing New Vegas though, the graphic engine is noticeably starting to age, and there's a lot of bugs on the PC-version. But length-wise I think you get bang for your bucks, I'm 44 hours in right now, level 20 and I've still got quite some quests to finish and (new ones to start no doubt), so I wouldn't be surprised if I passed the 60 hours mark before the end of the game. Doesn't quite feel new enough to be considered a true sequel, although I don't think it's supposed to be one. I think I heard they'll use the Rage engine for Fallout 4.

My Self-Portraits

"Work for your self first. You can paint best the things you like or the things you hate. You cannot paint well when indifferent.
    Express a mental opinion about something you are sensitive to in life around you. There is a profound difference between sensitivity and sentimentality."

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fallout just looks so sad. It´s all grey and stuff. And I only own an xbox so no mods for me. But assassins creed also gets kind of repetitive (spelling?). Feel free to suggest other games to if you like. I play games for the story and not so much for the shooting and fighting. I wish I had a ps3 so I could buy Heavy rain.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by OHI View Post
    Feel free to suggest other games to if you like..
    Monday

Night

Combat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason: No thanks. That game seems to have no story or depht what so ever.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason: No thanks. That game seems to have no story or depht what so ever.

It's a dota style 3rd person shooter where the objective is to destroy the money ball. The money ball is not breached unless fodder reaches it, which you have to defend against. You have to build the right turrets in the right places, use your class in the right role, take and hold important spots and coordinate with your team. Each class has 4 upgradable skills and a unique bot they can spawn. there are map hazards you use as well, along with buyable "juice" that lets you go super for a while.

If you play it like it's a deathmatch, you lose. No depth he says...

As for story.... no there's no story, not every game needs a story. What they do need is good and unique design, which this game has over the other cheap bland games you mentioned above (glitch-filled FO3.5 or snore-fest ass creed). Plus buying this helps an awesome small studio instead of large studios that really don't need your help.

Last edited by Jason Rainville; November 17th, 2010 at 02:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Jason, it´s just not my kind of game. I don´t like just running around shooting stuff. It does´nt matter how tactical you have to be. It looks fun if you play it with a bunch of friends, but right now I don´t want that kind of game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I wondered the same thing and concluded that I'd go with neither. I had high hopes for FLV but the reviews all said it was so buggy as to be almost unplayable. My 360's been in a cupboard for 6 months and I can see it remaining there until Bioshock Infinite comes out in 2012.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Baron Impossible For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohi, if you're willing to wait till next year how about these:

Batman:Arkham City, Deux Ex 3, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, The Witcher.

Or you can probably buy a cheap Mass Effect 1+2 bundle from somewhere. And I always hear people talking almost lovingly about Mafia 1, supposedly it had a really good story. Not sure about Mafia 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Impossible View Post
    I wondered the same thing and concluded that I'd go with neither. I had high hopes for FLV but the reviews all said it was so buggy as to be almost unplayable.
    From my own experience that's an exaggeration. It's a bit annoying now and then (freezes or people getting stuck in walls, etc) but not quite a deal-breaker in the overall experience.

My 360's been in a cupboard for 6 months and I can see it remaining there until Bioshock Infinite comes out in 2012.
    That's on my must-play list. I freaking love the art direction of Bioshock.

My Self-Portraits

"Work for your self first. You can paint best the things you like or the things you hate. You cannot paint well when indifferent.
    Express a mental opinion about something you are sensitive to in life around you. There is a profound difference between sensitivity and sentimentality."

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I would love if you guys could give me some tips on pretty unknown games. Made by small studios, like Jason did. I believe that indie games or games produced by small studios have alot more heart. And Jason, I changed my mind about Monday Night Combat, I might buy it.

Midgardserpent: Yeah I´m probably bying Dragon Age 2. I already have dragon age origins and awakening.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The guy(s) who did Samocrost also made this game called Machinarium, it's an indy title and it's really quirky and art-y. Point and click puzzle game.

My Self-Portraits

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MidgardSerpent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I´ve decided to buy Mass effect and Mass effect 2. They seem like two great games. Thanks for all the tips.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I believe that indie games or games produced by small studios have alot more heart.
    In my experience this is not very true. They are good for a day, but I wouldn't compare them to the tremendous effort that goes in some AAA titles that you literally play for years. While all the countless FIFA and whatever games are made just for money there are developers who put their heart into the games. Take the Mass effect series for example, like every other games they are made with profit in mind, but they really have some kind of a soul. It's not just about the graphics and sound. As an example for an indie game, I played Mount and Blade. It was well done considering the limited resources, but after 2 days the game became very monotonous. There was nothing that could resonate on an emotional level, no storyline, no characters, just endless killing. Most indie games are just for killing the time on your iphone or something, but they are not the sort of game that makes you lock yourself in the basement and forsake real life for 3 days because you just want to see what happens next. Just like a good book.

P.S. I see you decided to buy the mass effect games while i was writing this You won't regret it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Don't forget to keep your savegame from ME so you can import it to ME2.. and of course to the eventual ME3.

Edit: I agree with you, Vari. Batman:Arkham Asylum, for example, might have been a title with a lot of commercial interests but it was also obviously a labor of love by people who were fans of the original source.

Last edited by MidgardSerpent; November 17th, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
    My Self-Portraits

~ John Sloan Gist of Art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Vari View Post
    In my experience this is not very true. They are good for a day, but I wouldn't compare them to the tremendous effort that goes in some AAA titles that you literally play for years.
    The only game that I've consistently played for years is Mount and Blade, and it was made by a very small turkish game development team.

Effort =/= quality, especially in the case of large developers. The one and only COD game I've liked was the first one on PC, and the "effort" given to the series IMO seems wasted.

Assassins Creed has to be the most boring, repetitive and tame video games I've ever played. Completely wasted potential and cookie cutter gameplay; we could have had open-ended espionage scenarios where listening in for info would actually give you info that you would be able to use to your advantage; maybe you find out your mark likes a certain soup that you need to find and poison, maybe his guard rotates at a specific time. You could go after him at any time, but the more real info you get the more prepared you are.... but what did we get? go to this place and hold x. Go to this place and hold x. Go to this place and hold x. Now you get to play the scripted and restrictive assassination.

It's development took a lot of "effort" but what we got was a pretty mess. Smaller devs might lack some experience and money, but that's also their strength; they can't rely on incredible visuals while ignoring gameplay as Assassins Creed did. They HAVE to rely on solid and unique gameplay experiences or they sink.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I love me some Fallout. But please Bethesda/Obsidian get rid of gamebryo and get a good engine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, if you want a game with depth you should definitely play Bioshock, if you haven't already. I found the storyline really engaging and the artwork is nothing short of amazing, frankly; I am definitely envious of the concept artists who worked on that game. The gameplay is pretty good too; not only do you have a primary weapon, but you can use various different abilities such as fire, electricity ect, and it's interesting figuring out which combinations work best.

I'm currently obsessed with Blazblue. It's a 2d fighter, if you're interested in those at all, and a spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear series. The storyline isn't very good, admittedly - think every anime cliche thrown sewn together clumsily - but the actual gameplay is so, so fun.. it's alot more fun and challenging than other fighters like Street Fighter ect.

Plus, I love the effort put into the Bioshock trailers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoYorK3E4aM

Last edited by Sylvia H.; November 17th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MidgardSerpent View Post
    Sounds a bit like a blanket statement, loads of people could claim the exact opposite and they'd probably be no more right or wrong.
    I don't really know what else I can say without going into a huge rant about the game's annoying mechanics, but I just don't understand the hype about the "popular" games like COD, Halo ect I guess; don't get me wrong, I play them and I think they're fun, but they're just that; alot of them seem to have very little depth covered up with flashy artwork and advertising.. the new Halo is a good example of this, I think. RE Assassin's Creed itself, I just found the mechanics and storyline so annoying that I was hoping it would be possible to have Altair commit hara kiri by the end of; in terms of overhyped, overrated games I think it takes gold.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh boy do I hate that word: overrated. The Assassin's games have good elements going for them > some people like them. People's opinions on what games others should play are overrated.

Last edited by SM; November 17th, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I´ve decided to buy Mass effect and Mass effect 2. They seem like two great games. Thanks for all the tips.
    dude you wont regret it, ME games are the most awesome thing ever released on PC ; i finishe it 100000 times , the story is just epic.

on topic, i have finished AC just once and Fallout 3 , 6 times cause it was so awesome, i am expecing the same from them,

If you want to play a good shotter , buy Borderlands, something like a FPS WOW 4 player co-op

Click and see my Deviantart account http://ban---kai.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    *** Sketchbook and other stuff ***

Flashback's SB

Anatomy Atlas

Digital Galleries

Visit & Support:
    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I heard both are pretty buggy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,804 Times in 942 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Mass effect 2, or wait Christmas and buy Bioshock infinite

M

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just wrapped up Fable 3, CAN'T WAIT for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood! My husband is stoked for New Vegas but me? I love ACB!

Follow Me! | DeviantART | Twitter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BAN KAI: I already own Borderlands! It´s awesome to play online!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MatejaPetkovic View Post
    [...], or wait Christmas and buy Bioshock infinite
    I wish! Like Baron, I read "sometime in 2012". Gamers will have to miss out on the end of the world for this...

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SouMeng View Post
    Oh boy do I hate that word: overrated. The Assassin's games have good elements going for them > some people like them. People's opinions on what games others should play are overrated.
    I'm not forcing the OP at gunpoint not to play AC or anything, I'm just saying that for such a popular game I feel that the actual gameplay and story falls flat - in my humble opinion of course

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.