Sketchbook: Things and stuff - Page 4
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ismo: That sounds like a good idea, thanks.

I haven't had the chance to do much today so I went with the fastest option - phone cam - because I'm gonna have to draw now if I still want to get anything done. Crappy quality but I'm just posting for the sake of posting...

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Saara_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are some of those reffed or all from imagination? I really should do more studies like that, but I just can't find the discipline.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, girl!
    Your line looks pretty damn awesome with both pencil and ink, really flowing stuff. Also the color studies really pop out and look like how they are meant to, which is f-ing awesome. Just keep doing studies and of course do your own stuff also to see how you can implement all you have learned.

Jatka samaan malliin, hyvältä näyttää!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow I love how experimental and diverse you are in your studies. certainly inspirational! 5 stars and subbed

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What happened? why would you abandon such a cool sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Patonki: Half of them are reffed.. ish. Now in retrospect I wouldn't study like that anymore, so don't look too closely, though . I wasn't using my head, just mindlessly grinding and simply drawing a shitload of absolutely nothing at all. Drawing a lot of crap with little thought given to understanding any of it will get you nowhere, so don't waste time like me!
    Discipline is tough for everybody, but the way around it is making whatever it is you're supposed to be grinding through fun - be it studying for exams or improving your anatomy skills. It's not that easy, but learning to psyche yourself is another useful skill to learn.
    Vablo: Hihi kiitus, kyllä mä vielä grindaan tieni ylös kakkaisuuden kuopasta!
    Axelga: Thank you for your kindness *_* I think that's 2 stars too much though, aaaahhh!! *hides under the bed*
    Hu-ha: Hehee, how sweet of you to still remember me < 3. I was suuuper depressed and too busy wallowing in self-pity to do any artsy-fartsy! But that's fixed now, so I'ma start firing mah lazooors again!

I haven't improved as much as I had been planning to (as mentioned before: I was busy rolling on the floor, hiding under the bed in my dark emo room and herping a derp), but my 1-year goal is still on-going. I shall tell you so I can be ashamed when I fail I will have more pressure to reach the finish line.
    Oh no, please don't look at me... *sob sob sob*
    http://algenpfleger.deviantart.com/a...%2F23487&qo=78

I suppose this is the feeling you have when you realize you have just dug your own grave *ahem*. Anyway, on with the business. My scanner still sucks so I won't bother posting drawings. So here's today's digis, focusing on seeing the colors:
    Name:  Digi 0076- 2012-17-4.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  96.3 KB
    Name:  Digi 0077- 2012-17-4.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  157.1 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yaaaay she is back!
    what's with that work by Algepfleger? :V Is it your goal to reach that amount of quality in one year? 0___0

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sushy: Hahaha, yup! It's totally mad but it's more fun that way

Here's some snippets from fashion design class. I figured I could post these since they're done in markers so they'll show on camera. I'm going to draw in pencil all day (night, I suppose.. durr) now so that's all, no digis for now.

Also, say hello to my thumb.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, you definitely have a good eye for color studies, values and shapes, with a little more time and if you keep on exploring different medias,
    you'll soon have some kick ass work for sure..
    Anyway the first thing to do if you want to progress for me would be to stop underestimate yourself and criticise your own level everytime.
    Better put that unproductive energy in your works.
    That being said, the samourai on horse piece and your portraits in general (like the black and white self portrait) are the best suff you've done for me, simple and efficient.
    Keep on sharing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lovely fashion sketches :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!

It's always nice to set goals to oneself, but if you want to get as good as him, you need to do a loooot more stuff.
    Your last update wasn't too big and it is already a few days old.

Get up and work

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lukas Esch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bouroune: Oh nooo, I didn't even notice that I was doing that myself! Thank you! I'll try to be more aware of what I'm thinking from now on D:
    Sushy: Sankyuu :>
    Silwynar: You're absolutely right ;_;. A kick on the butt is always welcome (another sentence that would look weird in the wrong context...). The reason I don't post every day though is that scanning everything I draw and then posting on CA takes up anything from an hour to two hours of precious drawing time (and doing that every day would be even more ridiculous). I either post digis or something dark enough to show on the camera since that way I can avoid all the scanning/resizing/adjusting crap, but for the moment I'm focusing on drawing so there's nothing I can upload in a reasonable amount of time D:. Of course I could just take phone cam pictures of everything but the picture quality would be so bad that I'd just be spamming .

Anyway. Another attempt at doing an SP, but as always the problem still is that I'm still not especially interested in painting my own face. I already see it every day, goddamnit. Now let me spend the next couple of hours staring at it more, in case I don't remember what my face looks like -_-. Instead of SPs I should probably just paint someone else. Or do it as an exercise of patience, aaargh!
    Name:  SP 0014 2012-23-4.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  53.4 KB
    And heere I'm trying to see the colors. It's hard D:
    Name:  Life 0002 - 2011-11-28.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  126.2 KB

I still haven't conquered that patience thing >_<. Finding the discipline to have some discipline makes me emo, but the lack of discipline makes me emo too. The obvious solution is enduring the ''finding the discipline to have some discipline'' until you find The Discipline, which means that you already have the discipline that finding the discipline to have some discipline won't make you have to use discipline. You get what I'm saying?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Saara_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your studies and sketches are lookin awesome even if you feel like you are lacking patience just keep at it! thx for sharing - makes me wanna go do some studies as well

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Looks like your break was even longer than mine - good to have you back and nice studies

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Members who have read this thread: 1