Different kinds of art

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Different kinds of art

Recently, I've been getting into a hobby of 'fan-dub scripting' for Japanese anime songs (which I'm a little tentative posting about, though I enjoy it a lot- something other than drawing that pushes my boundaries, is fun and inventive in itself). But to the point:

Is there a section for 'written based art'? I can't seem to find one.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, we don't really have a section for writing on this website, though sometimes it might come up now and again in discussion and/or lounge threads.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emily g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alrighty, thanks. I'll hang around there sometime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by emily g View Post
    Yeah, we don't really have a section for writing on this website, though sometimes it might come up now and again in discussion and/or lounge threads.
    Though this may be considered thread necro-ing, this was basically what I was looking for here.

I have to say that that is incredibly unfortunate. While it is understandably difficult to post text online and safeguard it against theft, I am saddened that such a large artist community has no support for written works. Be they songs, poetry or prose.

As, due to this lack, a member of what is probably a tiny minority here, I would like to encourage the creation of a written-work based forum. There are so few places to get good feedback and there is so little support for writing these days, this is a rather sorry state that all artists should work to remedy.

Baby it's cold outside!

I do art. Not art, but art. Deal.

I once met a man from Nantucket. He insists he does not live in a bucket. For asking he gave me a shiner.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,485 Times in 3,691 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I find that odd, as there are loads of writing forums. Next week we will be highlighting dance and then opera as they also have tiny minorities that are vaguely connected to the visual arts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
    I find that odd, as there are loads of writing forums. Next week we will be highlighting dance and then opera as they also have tiny minorities that are vaguely connected to the visual arts.
    That's part of the issue. There is a divide among the artistic community where the visual arts do not consider the literary arts to be well, art. As such there are "art" forums, and there are "writing" forums, note that the latter does not have the word "art" in it, and yet poetry, prose and lyrics have been considered an art for just as long as visual art.

Likewise, if there is an implication that dance and theater are not "visual arts", then I question the definition of "visual arts", if dance and theater are not visual forms of art, I don't know what is.

On the very front of this website it makes no discerning between visual, literary, or performance arts. If this is indeed intended as a "it must be able to be viewed in a 800x800 jpg file format" art website, I am incredibly disappointed.

Baby it's cold outside!

I once met a man from Nantucket. He insists he does not live in a bucket. For asking he gave me a shiner.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldaire View Post

On the very front of this website it makes no discerning between visual, literary, or performance arts. If this is indeed intended as a "it must be able to be viewed in a 800x800 jpg file format" art website, I am incredibly disappointed.
    I think people should use common sense. This site pretty obviously caters to drawn or painted art within the concept art/fantasy range.

You can find sites that cater to writing in general or even specific kinds of literary works with ease. Not everything is going to be a come one come all art gathering. I thinks it's much more beneficial to find a website that caters to your chosen craft anyways, so that you can meet other people with the same interests more easily.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JJacks For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JJacks View Post
    I think people should use common sense. This site pretty obviously caters to drawn or painted art within the concept art/fantasy range.

You can find sites that cater to writing in general or even specific kinds of literary works with ease. Not everything is going to be a come one come all art gathering. I thinks it's much more beneficial to find a website that caters to your chosen craft anyways, so that you can meet other people with the same interests more easily.
    But I enjoy visual arts. If I were looking for a literary only website I could have found one, heck, I've been on them. I enjoy literature, sculpting, sketching, photography and all sorts of art.

Lets take an example. 6 years ago in 2004, DeviantArt barely supported writing(text limit). It didn't support music or video at all. Through persistence of it's users, within two years it had developed a much larger support for writing, and shortly after, developed ways for video and music to be displayed.

Besides, is not a great deal of fantasy art drawn from fantasy literature? From historical stories about dragons, fae, and monsters?

I am inspired to write from photography, music, sculpture, literature and many other forms of art. I am inspired to sculpt, take photos, and create other visual art in the same way.

I have no desire to limit myself to a "chosen craft" and be part of some great circle-cycle where that is all I am ever exposed to. All art is my craft, my visual art inspires my writing, and my writing inspires my visual art.

Baby it's cold outside!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,670 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldaire View Post
    Sorry 'bout that. Heaven forbid you should have to visit more than one website.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwell View Post
    Sorry 'bout that. Heaven forbid you should have to visit more than one website.
    The irony of a remark like this by you is astounding.

Baby it's cold outside!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb

I have no desire to limit myself to a "chosen craft" and be part of some great circle-cycle where that is all I am ever exposed to. All art is my craft, my visual art inspires my writing, and my writing inspires my visual art.
    May we see some?
    It'd be awesome to see some of your art. Or craft. Or whatever it is.

Jordan Beeston
    Sketchbook Livestream Infinity Wars
    Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing. - Camille Pissarro

Quote Originally Posted by kev ferrara View Post
    We do transmutational yoga and eat alchemy sandwiches and ride flying unicorns of esoteric freudian solipsism while googling anthropology. Whee!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.